ReefCleaners.org

Siwelk's 30g 'Reef Theatre'

siwelk

its probably mostly due to the fact that im a piss-poor photog with shoddy equipment :)

as far as stocking goes, i was planning on the following

a pair of Onyx clowns

a yasha haze goby/pistol shrimp

a yellow clown goby

a six-line wrasse

3x porcelin crabs

1x camel shrimp

assorted astrea, nerite, cerith and turbo snails.

i plan to start out with some nice rics and yumas, some zoas and a nice frogspawn to start.

thats about all the thought ive given it so far. im trying not to get overly excited and rush things.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With those rocks, how long do you anticipate the cycle lasting? Are you seeding it, OMG, I have read through your post and I'm sure you said it somewhere, but I forgot. I'm excited for you, kinda makes me wanna go set up another tank.... sounds good, BRB!

Get some pics when that sand settles, I'll be waiting.

With those rocks, how long do you anticipate the cycle lasting? Are you seeding it, OMG, I have read through your post and I'm sure you said it somewhere, but I forgot. I'm excited for you, kinda makes me wanna go set up another tank.... sounds good, BRB!

Get some pics when that sand settles, I'll be waiting.

im not really sure, i plan on letting the marco rocks have their own cycle, then add some "seed" fully cured rock from an established tank and then let that cycle once again. i dont plan on adding my first fish until the end of April, so im hoping i can get fully cylced in the next 8 weeks or so.

Yay, let me know how it works, i need to sleep for a while on my 13 hour plane ride in 2 weeks. si.

ok, if you dont hear from me in 18 hrs. call the Po-lease

clearing up nicely...

DSCN0195.jpg

DSCN0197.jpg

DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

i also just took 3 tylenol PM, time to play beat the clock. ok? GO!

That's the funniest thing I've read/heard all week. Thanks for the laugh. I'm off to bed now, but I get to wrestle my girl for the blankets. :)

Haha I shall. I've never seen rockwork like that before. Three separate "mountains" are really cool! Can't wait for it to really get up and running! Good luck with that Tylenol

That's the funniest thing I've read/heard all week. Thanks for the laugh. I'm off to bed now, but I get to wrestle my girl for the blankets. :)

good luck, you better be sure shes clear about the no-bagging rule. my girl sometimes mysteriously seems to forget that one.

Haha I shall. I've never seen rockwork like that before. Three separate "mountains" are really cool! Can't wait for it to really get up and running! Good luck with that Tylenol

thanks, you and me both.

i can feel it, comin in the air tonight...oh i almost gone boys

well my camera just decided to not let me delete any pictures so now i cant take any new ones. WTF?

What kind of camera? My Sony has a lock switch on the memory card itself. If that switch get moved I can't delete pics.

What kind of camera? My Sony has a lock switch on the memory card itself. If that switch get moved I can't delete pics.

i tried that. its a Nikon Coolpix L11. it was in the "unlocked" position and i switched it do the locked position and it said, "memory card locked" something or other. its really weird. if i take a picture and store it to the cameras memory, i can delete it. i cannot, however delete the pictures off of the memory card itself. im beginning to think its a bad memory card. its a SanDisk, if that matters. ive tried deleting the pics from the camera and my pc. ive also tried formatting the card. it will say its deleted/formatted but when you go back to the picture index, theyre all still there. im pretty tech savvy so this is blowing my mind man.

tick tock tick tock. Si ooouuuttt. Later haha. Sticking around for the upcoming tank.

thanks broseph. its almost time to put on sportscenter and zzzzzz

Edit: 1000th post FTMFW!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Cycling update

params

temp: 80F

salinity: 1.022

PH: 8.0

amm: .25

nitrite: .25

nitrate: 0

DSCN0210.jpg

DSCN0211.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

DSCN0213.jpg

i added the marco rock on 2/25, and the 3lbs of seed live rock on 2/29. i need to bring my salinity up but im currently having a small leaking issue with the JACO fitting for my ATO. im also probably going to need to replace my K3s with a pair of K2s due to the crazy amount of flow im getting. they create so much water movement that its shoving water over my internal overflow and making a slight splashing sound. id really like to wait and get a pair of the new koralia 2s and the hydor wavemaker. if they are available soon, i will have two K3s on the market. any takers?

Edit: also added an additional 3lbs seed rock today.

Cycling shots, mostly for me...since everyone thinks i suck at reefing and doesnt want to be my friend.

seed rock

DSCN0215.jpg

DSCN0218.jpg

DSCN0216.jpg

FTS

DSCN0217.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

ha, thanks. i suck at photography. i just got my first digi cam for xmas from my gf. its just a point and shoot. once i get everything going with the tank i think ill try to score a DSLR for my bday to do my tank some justice.

macro mode is your best friend with an aquarium. I am thinking of upgrading my canon point and shoot to a nicer canon, yet i love the size of a point and shoot and the cost is up there.

macro mode is your best friend with an aquarium. I am thinking of upgrading my canon point and shoot to a nicer canon, yet i love the size of a point and shoot and the cost is up there.

i tried using the macro mode, but i think im just going to have to invest in a better camera. nikon coolpix L11 FTL.

nice build, I'm sure this is gonna be a sweet tank!!

thanks, i hope to get mine up to par like your 40b. maybe like a mini-glenn 30g.

Great looking colors on your seed rock!

I know. My LFS is usually hit-or-miss but lately they've been coming through with some pretty decent stuff. Not bad for $6/lb

Archived