Cultivated Reef

TJ_Burton Returns - last pics...

TJ_Burton

RIP TJ's 40b! :tears:

You totally deserved TOTM! When you come back I'm sure you will get it.

Hope they can keep it looking like you did!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well,

It looks as though I may have a buyer to come pick up the system this weekend. I will keep you all informed.

That sucks TJ. I hope your getting eleventy billion dollars for it. :happy:

It's sold - I got what I listed it for: $3000

daaaayum!!! 3g's, not bad. i see people in my area selling tanks for pennies on the dollar all the time. Is your tank going to a good home?

Wow. I'm really sad to see it go. This really was one of the top tanks that inspired me to go after the 40 breeder, and I'll still be using this thread as a reference during my build. Good luck with everything, and hope to see you again real soon with another wonderful setup. Thank you for your inspiration TJ. Don't be a stranger here just because you no longer have your tank.

-Justin

Wow. I'm really sad to see it go. This really was THE top tank that inspired me to go after the 40 breeder, and I'll still be using this thread as a reference during my build. Good luck with everything, and hope to see you again real soon with another wonderful setup. Thank you for your inspiration TJ. Don't be a stranger here just because you no longer have your tank.

-Justin

fixed that for ya.

TJ's tank inspires me everytime I see this thread. Whoever got it I hope they keep us all updated with the tanks progress.

I really feel the loss.. This was one of my inspirations to strive higher in reefing.

Take care Tj, I really wanna see the next person to take your throne. Huge shoes to fill.. HUGE

daaaayum!!! 3g's, not bad. i see people in my area selling tanks for pennies on the dollar all the time. Is your tank going to a good home?

I believe it is going to a great home :). The couple who picked it up are great people, and really seem to have their heart in the hobby. I am glad that I found someone to pick up the whole system who really can appreciate the effort I have put into it.

so is the new owner going to appear on this thread to reveal who will continue TJ's legacy of a tank? ;)

I hope so! From our conversation last night when they picked up the tank, it sounded like they would start a thread with some pics of how PACKED the pickup truck was when they left!!!

I really feel the loss.. This was one of my inspirations to strive higher in reefing.

Take care Tj, I really wanna see the next person to take your throne. Huge shoes to fill.. HUGE

:P

All of you are too kind. I really appreciate all the recognition I am getting for this system. I am actually very honored - probably just as much as I would be receiving TOTM. Even though my tank was never plastered picture first on the homepage of the website, you guys really make me feel like I did something truly great with my tank :)

I wish you all the best in your reefing endeavors, and will probably be sticking around to keep watchful eye on the growth of all your systems!

man this sucks, ive never posted on this thread once but ive read it all at least twice. Your tank was truly inspiring, You truly have done amazing things with this tank, its an unbelieveable tank at first glance, the success youve had with it. hopefully you will make another tank and start up another thread soon!

I believe it is going to a great home :). The couple who picked it up are great people, and really seem to have their heart in the hobby. I am glad that I found someone to pick up the whole system who really can appreciate the effort I have put into it.

I hope so! From our conversation last night when they picked up the tank, it sounded like they would start a thread with some pics of how PACKED the pickup truck was when they left!!!

:P

All of you are too kind. I really appreciate all the recognition I am getting for this system. I am actually very honored - probably just as much as I would be receiving TOTM. Even though my tank was never plastered picture first on the homepage of the website, you guys really make me feel like I did something truly great with my tank :)

I wish you all the best in your reefing endeavors, and will probably be sticking around to keep watchful eye on the growth of all your systems!

that's because you did man!! Yours and Uhurus old 40b are by far the best I've ever seen. My goal with my tank is to just try to get it looking close to as nice as yours. I've got quite a task ahead of me.....

NanoCube-boy

Where did you buy the egg crates?

do you wear gears to protect yourself when fragging zoanthids or paly?

good job. great tools. Can you explaIN WHAT YOU USED TO FRAG?

Where did you buy the egg crates?

do you wear gears to protect yourself when fragging zoanthids or paly?

good job. great tools. Can you explaIN WHAT YOU USED TO FRAG?

For fragging zoas, I used no protective wear. I used a scalpel, and super glue and some form of base. For a base I have home made frag plugs, frag disks, or LR rubble.

My life feels so empty now :(

Naw, I'm just kidding - but I really miss the tank. I will keep this thread going - but rather than updates on my tank, it will be filled with updates on my move. So far looks like I won't be going anywhere till mid November. That is provided I land my interview on the 17th of this month. I am not to worried about it, I have always done very well with interviews, and I never get nervous.

I will let you know how it goes.

Archived