Cultivated Reef

TJ_Burton Returns - last pics...

TJ_Burton

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright - got some new stuff in my tank.

I got rid of my gorgeous rainbow bubbles that were stinging my acros, and traded them in for $60 credit plus a pizza nem listed at $90. All in all a decent trade.

PizzaFront.jpg

PizzaTopdown.jpg

And here is Phases' pride and joy! I have the honor of babysitting his beautiful micro.

MicromussaFront.jpg

MicromussaTopdown1.jpg

MicromussaTopdown2.jpg

MicromussaMacro.jpg

I was promised a piece for babysitting ;)

Looks great as always man! are your fish still residing in your overflow? Luckily for me the current around my overflow is very strong so the fish don't hang out up there very often.

Looks great as always man! are your fish still residing in your overflow? Luckily for me the current around my overflow is very strong so the fish don't hang out up there very often.

To be honest, I removed them and have lost most of them since - I am down to 5 chromis.

I have never had good luck with them, and really don't know why they are disappearing. I found one being eaten by a mini carpet anemone the other day... Kind of cool - except that I lost a fish.

Aw well, I guess I will see how these 5 turn out, and I may add more again later. (I have fixed the overflow so they can't fall down it anymore.

To be honest, I removed them and have lost most of them since - I am down to 5 chromis.

I have never had good luck with them, and really don't know why they are disappearing. I found one being eaten by a mini carpet anemone the other day... Kind of cool - except that I lost a fish.

Aw well, I guess I will see how these 5 turn out, and I may add more again later. (I have fixed the overflow so they can't fall down it anymore.

Sorry to hear it man, that sucks. If mine start to die off atleast my wife will be happy. She thinks the tank looks "to busy" now. I kinda like it.

Sorry to hear it man, that sucks. If mine start to die off atleast my wife will be happy. She thinks the tank looks "to busy" now. I kinda like it.

Yeah down to 4 now.

It's alright though, just means more room for other fish I guess :mellow:

My carpet seems to be doing well at least! It ate last night, still has a nice tight mouth and moved far away from my corals... Somewhat out of sight at the moment - but hopefully he will show more of himself soon. I actually don't mind where he is situated at all.

I will take some pics of him tonight and post them up.

Yeah down to 4 now.

It's alright though, just means more room for other fish I guess :mellow:

My carpet seems to be doing well at least! It ate last night, still has a nice tight mouth and moved far away from my corals... Somewhat out of sight at the moment - but hopefully he will show more of himself soon. I actually don't mind where he is situated at all.

I will take some pics of him tonight and post them up.

I've lost one so far. So now I'm "down" to 12 even though I only paid for 11.

Awesome thread and tank!

You've really given me something to think about with my plumbing. I was set on using Koralias but after seeing how clean your tank is......wow! Just need a near failsafe system. Yours looks pretty darn close to that.

sry to hear about your pack of chromis....i still have 3 and they are very beautiful and lively together

I'm not too bummed about it. I did what I could to try and keep the little buggers going. I had way better luck with the Anthias I have kept in my 200g. I will have to sit and figure out what I want to replace them. Fish can really make the difference between a great looking healthy reef, and an amazingly gorgeous reef aquarium.

Yep! So far so good with the A. abro. Great polyp extension and all - I hear they grow incredibly slow though...

they like to encrust a lot before they grow, like pink lemonades. pink stayed for about a month, then disappeared to creamish brown. how long have you had it

they like to encrust a lot before they grow, like pink lemonades. pink stayed for about a month, then disappeared to creamish brown. how long have you had it

a couple weeks - I guess I haven't had it long enough to tell if it will stay or not. Possibly could with the multiple spectrum(s) from my HOT5 setup.

So are you getting good growth with your lighting fixture and the bulbs you have chosen? I am currently gathering the equipment for a 40BR and am debating on what type of lighting to get. I definately want to use T5's in a fixture and am thinking about getting the same fixture that you bought.

You have a really nice tank with some great corals. Would love to get my hands on a few of them..

Thanks

Mark

So are you getting good growth with your lighting fixture and the bulbs you have chosen? I am currently gathering the equipment for a 40BR and am debating on what type of lighting to get. I definately want to use T5's in a fixture and am thinking about getting the same fixture that you bought.

You have a really nice tank with some great corals. Would love to get my hands on a few of them..

Thanks

Mark

It's hard to tell just yet since I haven't had the new bulbs for very long. But one thing I can say is the corals regenerate from fragging within a weeks time. I have done some accidental fragging on my larger acros, and after 5 days or so, you wouldn't be able to tell where they broke off because they have grown another tip through the break.

Glad to hear your getting good growth now.

Do you really like the t5's better than the metal halides? I just dont think I could part with MH!

Glad to hear your getting good growth now.

Do you really like the t5's better than the metal halides? I just dont think I could part with MH!

They both have very desirable features... It's really hard for me to say that one is truly better then the other. However, currently, for my situation, and for it's specific advantages, I prefer HOT5 over MH. Until I get a unit that has LED and HOT5 I think that halides will still have an aesthetic advantage because of the shimmer.

Archived