Innovative Marine Aquariums

TJ_Burton Returns - last pics...

TJ_Burton

Simply sexy. How many more lbs of LR are you going to use, got a scape in mind?

I will probably buy another 15-20lbs. I still have the 25lbs in the 20L as well, but I am not sure how much of that stuff I want to use.

I do have a scape in mind ;) but your going to have to just wait and see!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for an update:

The tank is well on it's way through the cycle. The life on the LR seems to be doing just fine, and all levels are panning out. Diatom algae has settled in and I am soon going to grab the cleanup crew (or at least part of it).

I was lucky enough to get a grade A piece of live rock! It had a mini carpet on it, as well as some nice encrusting green porites, and red coraline.

PoritesRockFront.jpg

PoritesRockTop.jpg

top shot: you can see the nem on the far left

PoritesNemRock.jpg

Current FTS:

FTSProShot.jpg

FTS.jpg

Diatoms:

DiatomsRock.jpg

DiatomsSand.jpg

Lastly,

This rock (one in the right corner of the tank) has some small corals on it. Not sure what they are. Small and brown kind of like aptasia, but these guys have a skeleton.

They are tiny, the output in this picture is 3/4" (for size reference)

LittleCorals.jpg

Close up:

LittleCoralsMacro.jpg

Can anyone ID that last little coral group?

I'm so glad the plumbing worked out well. I was somewhat concerned that if it was a disaster, I would owe you an apology!

Your tank looks great, I'm glad to see it is finally up and running.

This is going to be one hell of a tank.

Nice rock man, this is going to be an amazing tank.

I was pretty impressed with that rock when I got it.

a MINI CARPET?

Yeah!!! I was pretty ecstatic to see it after placing the rock in the tank :lol:

I'm so glad the plumbing worked out well. I was somewhat concerned that if it was a disaster, I would owe you an apology!

Your tank looks great, I'm glad to see it is finally up and running.

This is going to be one hell of a tank.

Thank you Josh,

I am really hoping I can provide the right environment for my corals, so that they have the same look of vitality that yours do.

Rock nems?

Not nems. These little corals have a skeleton.

Just possibly--baby fungiids?:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=120778&hl=

Hey, your tank looks spectacular! I love that wonderful rock you have with such cool hitchers!

--Diane

You may be right with the baby fungiids! They look very similar to the baby fungiids you have in your pictures. I have a good dozen of them. Hopefully that is what they are, and they all make it!

***Update***

Just added 6 turbos to start cleaning up. I give it another 2 weeks max before I get to transfer my livestock :)

SeeDemTails

Looks great TJ! Cant wait to see it stocked!

I finally finished my aquascape on my 37 and brought my rainbow home!

Time for another update.

I have moved a few corals into the 40BR just to get them out of the 20L. The brain was getting stung by my anemone, and the other two frags just didn't have any decent spots to move into.

The diatom algae bloom is over and done with, and the 6 turbos I threw in are doing a great job keeping the rock spotless.

The rocks I got are showing a lot of life. The large rock on the left has not only the porites and mini carpets, but also brown anthelia and xenia. The rock to the right is completely purple with coraline, and has a ton of those small LPS corals on it.

First a FTS

FTSApril16th.jpg

Now the rock on the left:

RockCoralsFar.jpg

Closer:

RockCorals.jpg

Baby mini nem (there is a larger one, toonie sized, on the top):

BabyMiniNem.jpg

Rock on the right:

RightLRTower.jpg

How on earth did you manage to get rock with so many cool hitchers on it? It's like my fondest dream...:D

Lookin' good.

--Diane

How on earth did you manage to get rock with so many cool hitchers on it? It's like my fondest dream...:D

Lookin' good.

--Diane

Uhhhh, dumb luck? :lol:

Those little carpet nems keep popping up. I have found 3 more (5 in total).

No no, lol... That Aussi brain I payed good money for.

I was about to say go buy a lottery ticket because you are one lucky mother####er.

I was about to say go buy a lottery ticket because you are one lucky mother####er.

Yeah well, I think a jackpot winning lotto ticket as a hitchhiker would be phenomenal. :P

Great looking stuff TJ, especially the porites rock!

I plan to have the transfer done by next weekend, so stay tuned! If it turns out how I planned, it is going to be something worth looking at ;)

Right now it's a tank with a few rocks and corals thrown in. It needs some loving hands to shape it! :happy:

Alright, Last pic update before I transfer the 20L over to the 40BR.

Firstly I have taken all my overgrown zoa frag plugs that started as 1-3 polyps per plug, and moved them onto disks. I did this by cutting off the frag plug stem, and then gluing the stemless plug on to a disk.

These disks are what I use as "mother colonies" as they make future fragging very easy! They don't look half bad either.

My frag setup

FragTools.jpg

Those to be mounted

Plugsinbucket.jpg

This is what I mean by overgrown

ZoaFragOvergrownPlug.jpg

All finished

MotherDisks.jpg

20L full of disks

20LFragDisks.jpg

Lastly,

My last FTS until my tank's aquascaping is all finished, and the corals have been introduced!

PreTransferFTS.jpg

The pics aren't the best, but I just used the auto settings because I was in a rush to get everything done :)

Looks good TJ, cant wait to see it with all the corals and the rock done.

Me either!

It may take slightly longer then planned. I currently have three blue tangs in the tank, along with a pair of ocillaris clowns, and an orchid dottyback.

I acquired them from a coworker who asked me to tear her tank down for her. It was only a 65g and the tangs are all 4"-5" which is pretty large for that tank. However, they are all in great condition and look very healthy. They are all in my 40br, but I will be taking the blue tangs and the clowns to the LFSfor trade in. I only want to keep the Pseudochromis fridmani. ;)

I also got 60lbs or so of live rock for FREE as payment for tearing the tank down!

SeeDemTails

I am actually putting an orchid in my new zero edge style 5.5 very soon, but it will be his tank! I am going to get a reallly small one, an inch or so.

I love them, but they can be little craps. I had a neon dottyback for a couple years in a 10 gal....decided he had earned it and put him in my 37...the only thing he didnt terrorize were the clowns, the female didnt take his crap.

60 lbs for free is great!

Archived