Top Shelf Aquatics

Xenia30

HeyLookItsCaps

Noooo....He files a claim it arrived in substantially different shape then sold to him... they will tell him to send it back to the seller and then ask for a tracking number for proof of return shipment. Refund the money.

May take a while but I bet they will.

After he has returned it then they will refund.

OHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

See, still shouldn't be a need for a Paypal claim. I bought a Skimmer from Mvite - the thing got broken during shipping. I never even thought of a Paypal Claim - Mvite called UPS - they picked it up later during the week and inspected it. Of course they didn't take the blame for it, said that it wasn't packed well enough, which was a joke and would not refund any money for the skimmer. Mark got the skimmer back and then just gave me a refund....

I guess there is Mvite - and there are other people .....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Propagator

In a perfect world thats how it is supposed to work. :)

Mark is a good guy.

But since this isn't such a perfect world you have to use what ever protection against this type of thing is at your disposal. 1st by contacting the shipping company, then contacting the shipper, then contacting paypal if something doesn't get worked out.

OR if one of the above gives you specific directions on how to solve the situation you would be wise to do it.

I agree...

Caps needs to take every measure to protect himself.

HOWEVER - somewhere there was a communication breakdown. Seems to me that if had I sold the item and it arrived in the condition it did, I would have to own the problem. It's a risk you take when you sell and ship.

I don't know how many countless threads I've seen where someone ships coral and if they are DOA the seller refunds the money, part of the money (when the buyer has some stake in the problem) or sends new coral.

I don't see how this is any different.

Situations like this are disappointing to see. I'm a huge advocate of buying here on N-R and I've been (knock on wood) lucky to have only dealt with great people.

The two of you need to cool down, re-establish communication and work this out.

Totally agree on that. It's funny how they are all pissy with each other when neither of them broke the tank. It should be sent to UPS - get a refund and then the buyer needs to get his money back. This way only UPS loses money and not a NR member.

HeyLookItsCaps

honda lovers unite! ive tried to re establish communication. ive tried calling him. ive tried calling paypal. ive tried calling UPS. im not even mad, i just would like my 160, and he can get his 160 from UPS. i sent it back to UPS and theyre "examining" the package. he hasnt responded to any of my PMs. im really bummed about the whole thing.....im only gonna do local pickup from now on.

in my opinion, which none of you asked for, is that it is the seller's responsibility to get an item to a buyer as it was sold.

If something breaks its usually because it wasn't packaged to withstand the abuse that it should have been to withstand ......or else the seller shouldn't have offered it for sale---plain and simple.

Don't get me wrong, I love fingering idiots, but I don't think the word is justified in describing HLIC here.

Buyers ask your sellers what they would do in an instance like this before buying.

Some things probably shouldn't be shipped.

talk to "thecowkid"... I bought a custom Acrylic sump from him and he was the nicest guy in the world and he worked with me on everything. This was all during a time when he had so much other stuff going on with his wife having their first child and everything. Great guy, great seller. Look him up.

paypal already deferred me cuz he called me a scammer. so paypal has already awarded him the money

How could he call you a scammer and them close it without proof?

HeyLookItsCaps
How could he call you a scammer and them close it without proof?

your guess is as good as mine. they "deferred" it. i dunno what that means

Hey thanks Chris! It's customers like you that make doing what I do such a pleasure. I truly appreciate your patience and understanding. Once again I want to apologize that I took so long getting your order out.

Caps, what did they do to that tank. I dropped Chris' sump on a cement floor and didn't do that much damage. Acrylic just doesn't act like the pics portrayed. How cold was it on the shipping route that the tank took. That could have made the acrylic a bit brittle, but the damage is a bit excessive. It just looks like they used it as a wheel chock block for a 747 plane. Good luck with it.

Joshua

your guess is as good as mine. they "deferred" it. i dunno what that means

I think that means you need to call them and ask for a supervisor--and then the supervisor's supervisor. Maybe even the supervisor's supervisor's supervisor or weekend manager.

You are gonna have to keep running with this ball---they aren't gonna just give the money back.

It was shipped inadequately---no doubt--it wasn't done by an aquarium supplier---so there's no offense intended there. But--it was shipped inadequately, so it broke in shipping.

Either there is insurance there to replace it---or there isn't. Call the shipping company.

Hell--hire me---I'll call. :P

this is a rather one sided fight. i want to hear the other side. I want a flame war damnit!

he was commenting, but then i called him a big meany and he left, haha. he probably just realised he wasn't going to win the argument and went to a different forum.

HeyLookItsCaps

ya ill have to call em tomorrow. i gave the tank back to UPS and havent heard anything since. so i am calling them tomorrow too....the tank seemed packed ok tho, it had alot of foam and was done right. i dont understand how it could cause that much destruction. my buddies 60 gal fell down a flight of stairs with no damage. maybe it was broken when he sent it?

Archived