inTank Media Baskets

Xenia30

HeyLookItsCaps

ya ill have to call em tomorrow. i gave the tank back to UPS and havent heard anything since. so i am calling them tomorrow too....the tank seemed packed ok tho, it had alot of foam and was done right. i dont understand how it could cause that much destruction. my buddies 60 gal fell down a flight of stairs with no damage. maybe it was broken when he sent it?

All I can say is the seller's mean and rude attitude = me no buy anything from him.

As I embark on my own salt water adventure I envision selling corals and maybe hard goods someday. I al already looking into how to package and ship. An item arriving broken or dead is my worst nightmare.

But still, one has to be willing to be nice and reasonable about these things.

In an ideal world UPS would pay for the damage, but if they don't then either the seller or the buyer does.

I like this thread because it makes me aware how important it is to be clear upfront how any dead/damaged goods will be handled.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like this thread because it makes me aware how important it is to be clear upfront how any dead/damaged goods will be handled.

Communication is the key.

Also--Caps---If it was packaged properly then UPS will pay. Even if no insurance was purchased---you are covered for $100 automatically.

They have an outside firm "investigate" the claim. As Omen mentioned above, it just happened to us. I found out within 3 days of them picking it up from him. I had already given his money back---realizing that it was between me and the shipper---not the buyer.

I love being a dick---you know that--it makes me feel big and important. I don't think being a dick was called for here.

Xenia sounds like someone buyers may want to avoid dealing with.

We'll move for an IP notification if Xenia doesn't come clean on this one. At least maybe the mods can keep the guy off this site.

xenia30

Member Group: Members

Last Active Yesterday, 05:15 PM

Status (Offline)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Caps--I see that Xenia was logged on yesterday. Any chance that he/she PM'd you with status of your money?

xenia30

Last Active Yesterday, 05:15 PM

Status (Offline)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Caps--I see that Xenia was logged on yesterday. Any chance that he/she PM'd you with status of your money?

Here is the PM he probably got.

Subject: Your Money

money.jpg

Noooo....He files a claim it arrived in substantially different shape then sold to him... they will tell him to send it back to the seller and then ask for a tracking number for proof of return shipment. Refund the money.

May take a while but I bet they will.

After he has returned it then they will refund.

My recent experience with a paypal supervisor-

"We only cover non-receipt unless it was from E-bay. You should take it up with your credit card company."

Good luck Caps, it'll be hard to get a refund without help from xenia though...

That's a bummer dude--First you get no kneecaps and now this!

I can't stands no more.

It would be nice--and honorable---for a seller to at least reply here, no?

If Caps is a scammer---then I would be the first to call him out if someone said so. Right now--the guy only needs some help with UPS--and if you can't take part in that---then you are hiding something.

Bad, bad boy. Shamey shamey shame shame!!

I'll get some new material when my kids get home from soccer practice.

HeyLookItsCaps

all i want is my money back! i have another tank waiting for me. just please give me my money back Xenia30 and i will stop talking about it and have the thread erased.

Actually I am a very understanding guy but this guy thinks I am resposible for ups! I asked him to send me an email of the damage never got them. Next thing I know he dispute with paypal. Do you think if I was scamming this idiot that paypal would have give his money back exactly. They reviewed it and it was dropped. I also recieved an email from idiot boy that my packaging was great. tell me this how do you destroy a aqrylic tank that is wrapped in lots of bubble wrap you cant. So this guy can fool all you guys and gals but the I know who the real idiot is.

buddy bubble rap doe pop thats why its called "bubble rap."

Caps is a GREAT guy.

people wonder why sellers/buyers always list 'local only' or 'no shipping,' this is an EXCELLENT case of why.

Hope it works out.

i havent hear dfrom UPS or paypal, and UPS and BofA keep hanging up on me before i get an answer. this is horrible :(

Stick with SCNRS Caps, at least you know where we live. ;)

Yeah Caps--

Try that---and PM me the info you have whilst you are at it. I will distribute accordingly.

Looks like XENIA30 is a turd beyond comparison. At least we will know when he surfaces here. (he logs in several times a day---so it's not like he hasn't had a chance to clear this up.)

I'm smellin' a NR blackball. Go and fu(k other people on other boards, Xenia.

Sorry it cost you $160 Caps---IF THIS SH1T HEAD SELLER WOULD HAVE JUST HELPED YOU WITH UPS---EVEN A LITTLE---you may have recouped at least $100 of it.

Seriously---You don't have any more you can lose on this. Anything from this point on is gravy.

I would fu(k with this guy in the stupidest ways possible---for a looooong time.

" Congratulations Mr. Xeniasucksballs, you may be a winner in the Publishers' Clearinghouse Sweepstakes if......"

lol

xenia30

Add as Friend

Active Stats User's local time Dec 21 2007, 06:33 PM

Total Cumulative Posts 108 ( 0.1 per day / 0.01% of total forum posts )

Last Active Today, 04:36 PM

Status (Offline)

Archived