Coral Vue Hydros

bonsai reef

danano

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use super glue gel to attach my sps frags to LR in my tank. The gel works on porous surfaces. I first decide where I want to attach the frag. Next, I apply a liberal amount on the base of the frag, pre-dip it in a cup of tank water and then attach it to the LR underwater. I hold it in place for 10-15 seconds and twist it around a little to make sure it's secure.

If you can easily remove the LR, then attaching it outside the tank may be more convenient. You may want to dry the surface area before applying the glue.

Here's a pic I took today of the purple tortuosa surrounded by purple poci, green porites, blue maxima, turquoise stag and monti danae (orange). The tort has colored up nicely and is purple all around with a hint of blue.

• 5 weeks later...

Just thought I'd bump this thread back up... :P

Anyway, my 10g nano sits next my 30g setup. The few 2nd generation sps frags that I moved over to the 30g are doing pretty well, i.e. birdsnest & monti cap.

Thanks Cam! The LR are at the base (beneath everything). The x'mas tree rocks w/ porites make up the "Live Rock" :) and I;ve got several of those. I have some LR in my fuge as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You got a sailfin tang and a canary wrasse?!?! Are canary wrasse reeff safe??? Thought I read somewhere that they weren't. Wouldn't your sailfin outfrow your 10g?!? LOVE YOUR TANK by the way. REally nice how you've peiced everything together. Could you frag some of ya corals fer me? :D Seriously!

• 1 year later...

this tank got broke down, moved into a 30 and into his 125 or 130....his new tanks are all lit by t-5. he got tank of the month over on rc a few months back.

Archived