inTank Media Baskets

20L Mixed Reef w/T-5's

SaltyVT

sslak i dont know where you are from but i was at salty critter (a sponsor here) and they had a tank with about 30 or so black baby clowns about .75 inches long... i dont know if they ship but they were pretty cheap (for prices around here)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I brought her to the LFS, good people there. They are going to take of her for the weekend to make things right.

Probably the best thing to do if you don't have a quarantine tank and the LFS people are responsible.

Best of luck,

b

I was pressed for time, they were going to do a FW dip, but I had to get ti Chillies, so they offered to take her for the weekend and dose if needed!! So tomorrow I find out the fate of my unamed clown!

Well my clown was still going at the LFS, but they insisted that I pick up different one so they could dose my old one. So I brought home my new onyx and its doing great with my other one. Also picked up my Royal Gramma who is liking his new home!!! Next week I am thinking of picking up a few emerald crabs or boxer crabs, and possibly a cleaner goby.

P1020664.jpg

P1020663.jpg

P1020662.jpg

P1020661.jpg

P1020660.jpg

P1020653.jpg

P1020652.jpg

Love the coral choices and scaping! Completely the opposite of mine......

Especially cool is that anthelia sp. and the way you placed your zoas. Thumbs up.

Thanks!!! The Anthelia sp. Really exploded in this tank, before in my 5.5 it was alot smaller and didn't extend as it does now. You have a good start, just wait till you fill it in with corals! Hows that Rapids pro filter working for you?

masterbuilder

Tanks looking great. I might only get one emerald, mine didnt play nice with each other at all. I had two for awhile and one would attack the other ever chance it got. Ripped off a claw. I gave one back to the LFS

Thanks!!! The Anthelia sp. Really exploded in this tank, before in my 5.5 it was alot smaller and didn't extend as it does now. You have a good start, just wait till you fill it in with corals! Hows that Rapids pro filter working for you?

So far, so good. I like the rapids pro and judging by new coral growth, so do they, combined with my RO/DI unit.

I would like to see a closer shot of the zoas in the lower right corner of your scape. I'm curious how they've encrusted the rock. Was there much growth there since you first put them in?

Thanks!!

yeah, I have a out break of grape algae so One will do great!

Which zoas??

mean greens:

P1020515.jpg

Pink centers

P1020513.jpg

Assorted colors

P1020629.jpg

They're all very beautiful. Thank you.

I mean a close up of the ones seen in this picture on the lower right, at the base of one of your arches.

P1020625.jpg

i was considering getting a t5fixture and ur tank sold me on the t5's lol, how much does that fixture run in 48"? and the bulbs that u got, do they look really really blue or does it look like in the first pics with the t5s on? i like the really bright white light with like a hint of blue to it

Thanks!!!!!

The reason it looks blue is the angle i took it at, I was looking down and must have got more of the blue light. Take a look at specialtylights.com, i got mine there and it came with your choice bulbs included in the price! There will be a hold off on purchases for a little time, I just purchased a large flat screen TV so my focus has switched to paying it off this month.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice tank! I have a 20L w/ 150w halide, I'm thinking of switching to T5 because I don't want to have low-light areas, since I'm mostly keeping SPS, would you recommend the 36" or 24" fixtures?

Nice tank! I have a 20L w/ 150w halide, I'm thinking of switching to T5 because I don't want to have low-light areas, since I'm mostly keeping SPS, would you recommend the 36" or 24" fixtures?

Regarding your lighting questions, most of the 30" light fixtures are made up of 24" bulbs. If you have 4 bulbs vs 2 bulbs you will have more coverage if you stagger, I staggered my 4x24w 24" T5 bulbs on my 20L. I guess 36" bulbs would give you the most coverage, but you would also be wasting 6" of bulb which I think is unnecessary. Hope this helps.

cthedaytrader

Great tank I love the aquascaping

How do you like the t5 how are your sps doing growth and colors? did you have some of your corals under MH in the previous tanks? Have the corals changed under the t5's ? for better or worse?

Archived