Top Shelf Aquatics

Asin's NC6

Asin

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't talk about a tank without pics! Hell, I had pics of the 30g the day after setting it up! :angry:

The pics of the set-up are in the first post. :slap::angry:

Today is week 1 of the NC6. I already have a diatom bloom that started on Thursday night.

Here are the paramz as of today:

Ammonia = 0

PH = 8.0

NO2 = 0

NO3 = 10

Here are some pics:

Diatom bloom on sandbed:

2ns40lx.jpg

Diatom bloom on LR:

4lsh7yp.jpg

Caves and crevices:

4p505s0.jpg

5xyvhxl.jpg

-Iz

NanoCustoms site says they have the NC6 skimmers. Having said that I dont think you need one in a 6gal.

In my NC6 I have the surface skimmer, Chamber 1 Chaeto with 1 sponge under it lit buy a 13W light from outside, Chamber 2 Purigen ChemiPure on top of 1 sponge, Chamber 3 MJ-600 and 100W heater. HydorFlo outlet. I tried a Koralia Nano but it was strong enough my zoa closed up.

NanoCustoms site says they have the NC6 skimmers. Having said that I dont think you need one in a 6gal.

In my NC6 I have the surface skimmer, Chamber 1 Chaeto with 1 sponge under it lit buy a 13W light from outside, Chamber 2 Purigen ChemiPure on top of 1 sponge, Chamber 3 MJ-600 and 100W heater. HydorFlo outlet. I tried a Koralia Nano but it was strong enough my zoa closed up.

How is that set-up working for you?

I was thinking of putting an MJ-600, but I thought it might be to much flow. How's the flow with the MJ-600?

It seems to be working well. This is a pic in Aug right before our clubs frag swap so I had a lot of temporary frags in it. The MJ-600 w/ hydor is great. With the standard duckbill it would dig a hole in front.

6gal04.jpg

Looks great. Did you have to glue the Hydor or does it fit in the opening?

Also, what light do you use for the cheato?

On mine it fit perfectly

Archived