inTank Media Baskets

Asin's NC6

Asin

So, I finally got around to setting up my NC6 today. This sucker is pretty much going to run stock, which is the way I pretty much run all my tanks, cuz I ain't no pharmacist. I'm going to shoot for only putting in LPS coral and maybe 1 GBG and maybe a shrimp of some sort.

Tank Specs:

- NC6

- MJ 606

- CurrentUSA 2x18 (50/50)

- 8 lbs. Fiji

- 5 lbs. Sand

Here are the first couple of pics of the tank half full:

Front

2h4bx38.jpg

Side

1z6e15.jpg

-Iz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looking good...you going to break the rocks up at all?

Thanks and no, I like the rocks, the botton rock is a flat rock on top, so there's nice room for frags.

dude PR has a tang you could get it in the morn.....let me know what you want to stock it with when it is ready I have way to much corals and I can frag all.

PO TA TOS

:huh: speaka engrish troop!

dude PR has a tang you could get it in the morn.....let me know what you want to stock it with when it is ready I have way to much corals and I can frag all.

do u have lps?

I just made a frag of this echino (green and pink) about 2 weeks ago. Healing nicely on a reef disk. Would post a pic of actual frag but kids broke the camera. Here's an old pic of the echino. Not sure how it would do under PCs I've always had it under MH.

echino060706.jpg

I just made a frag of this echino (green and pink) about 2 weeks ago. Healing nicely on a reef disk. Would post a pic of actual frag but kids broke the camera. Here's an old pic of the echino. Not sure how it would do under PCs I've always had it under MH.

echino060706.jpg

Not much into echino's and never had luck with them under PC's.

thnx though

echino060706.jpg

NICE

I wish I was spend my nights scaring many ppl.
Well, be happy that right now you spend your DAYS scaring people.
Oh sorry :mellow:
It was a joke :P

does anyone know of any easy mods for the NC6? I plan on removing the sponges in the first chamber and adding in the Sapphire Aquatics NC6 Protein Skimmer. I will probably remove the Bio Balls, but I'm not sure if I want to replace them with LR rubble or just leave the chamber empty. And I am adding in a nano-Koralia. Btw, I just got mine in the mail this morning and I will be setting it up tonight using sand, water, and LR from my BC14... wish me luck.

My new Ricordia florida comes tuesday, here are some pics:

colony of about 10 orange florida that look EXACTLY like these:

ric1.jpg

a colony of 5 blue florida that look exactly like this except with PINK mouths:

ric2.jpg

and a nice 3" yellow florida:

ric3.jpg

to go in there with these:

rics2.jpg

I am also picking up a NEON PINK Ricordia Monday... so I am extremely excited about this tank... more pics to come soon!!!

Archived