Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Asin's NC6

Asin

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hydor has an adapter that fits well but I put a little Super Glue Gel on it anyway. You can still remove it if needed. I made a 13W 6700K PC light for the fuge. There are several threads about making them out of an electrical box.

The Hydor has an adapter that fits well but I put a little Super Glue Gel on it anyway. You can still remove it if needed. I made a 13W 6700K PC light for the fuge. There are several threads about making them out of an electrical box.

Cool, I've got all the adapters, I'll see which one fits better. I'm not the DIY type, so I would rather buy. I like those submersible one's that they sell at Petco. I might try that.

NEVER!

If I let you even LOOK, I might get a cyano bloom.

Puh-lease!! I have the cyano cure fo sho!! It's called Blue Life. You'd know how well their stuff works if you had actually used the one i gave you! :angry: It's all good though, I got more of the aiptasia stuff, lol!

It only grows on stuff I get from EZ... ;) Not saying he gave them to me, they just like his stuff. :P

are you joking me! i don't have a single polyp of aptasia, it must be born from your primordial cyano soup you call water!!!!!!

are you joking me! i don't have a single polyp of aptasia, it must be born from your primordial cyano soup you call water!!!!!!

LOL!

lol, I didn't say I got it from you. It just seems to grow there... Hey, that rock I got from you a long while back with the green polys on it never sprouted any. :)

hey Asin... I recieved that Neon Pink Ricordia today and I'll take some pics of it tonight hopefully... IT IS GORGEOUS!!! $100 well spent!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hey asin... I finally got the skimmer installed and its been up and running for about 48 hours now... I've had to empty the skimmer's collection cup twice already as it was full of nasty gunk... I'm pretty impressed to say the least. I have it in the middle chamber and after just a little adjustment it is working great! I'd say its worth the money. Anything new with your tank?

• 2 weeks later...
hey asin... I finally got the skimmer installed and its been up and running for about 48 hours now... I've had to empty the skimmer's collection cup twice already as it was full of nasty gunk... I'm pretty impressed to say the least. I have it in the middle chamber and after just a little adjustment it is working great! I'd say its worth the money. Anything new with your tank?

Sweet! Post some pics of it so I can check it out. How do you keep the levels up in the back? Daily checking?

Here are the pics I promised:

New 'scape:

7155ll4.jpg

8aec7lw.jpg

80nfp08.jpg

New frags:

7witv87.jpg

71win0n.jpg

85pfiqg.jpg

FTS: (Zoa's were already attached to LR)

85y02sm.jpg

I also added a GB Goby, but he doesn't come out too often, once I get a pic of him I'll post it.

-Iz

With the pre-filter box attachment, you can get the water level where it needs to be for the skimmer to work properly. I believe that only the water in the actual return chamber is effected by evaporation... so I just top off daily. Everything seems to be working fine. If you want, I'll probably be tearing the tank down in about 3 months or so and I will sell you the skimmer for $50 including shipping.

With the pre-filter box attachment, you can get the water level where it needs to be for the skimmer to work properly. I believe that only the water in the actual return chamber is effected by evaporation... so I just top off daily. Everything seems to be working fine. If you want, I'll probably be tearing the tank down in about 3 months or so and I will sell you the skimmer for $50 including shipping.

Well, alllllriiight!

Why are you going to tear it down?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived