Top Shelf Aquatics

My 15g tank(only fish)

FishNemo

supreme_spork
I'll stop replying when you stop attacking me with insults. :)

and i'll stop attacking you with insults when you stop deserving it. :huh:

look, maybe you had a bad night at the bar and nobody was hitting on you, so you need to come here and have a bunch of guys pay attention to you so you can feel wanted.

there are better ways of getting attention from men.

attention%20whore3.jpg

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there are better ways of getting attention from men.

Are there? You sound as if you speak from experience. Tell me spork, when you are having a hard time picking up men, what do you do?

supreme_spork
Are there? You sound as if you speak from experience. Tell me spork, when you are having a hard time picking up men, what do you do?

I never have a hard time picking up men, there's always a handy public bathroom close by with a hole cut out between the stalls.

craig%20busted.jpg

See, guys think I'm pretty. That's why I don't need to be an internet attention whore.

I never have a hard time picking up men, there's always a handy public bathroom close by with a hole cut out between the stalls.

craig%20busted.jpg

See, guys think I'm pretty. That's why I don't need to be an internet attention whore.

*giggles*

Now that is perfect! I believe I shall end my communication with caveman clan right here. All I needed was the perfect post to stop at and sporky my friend, that honor goes to you. It kinda sums up my exact impression of you guys.

Nice!

Thank you :)

*giggles*

Now that is perfect! I believe I shall end my communication with caveman clan right here. All I needed was the perfect post to stop at and sporky my friend, that honor goes to you. It kinda sums up my exact impression of you guys.

Nice!

Thank you :)

... hey guys i think she left, can we continue flaming fish nemo now?

Wow what did I sleep through. Well if thats not you on the swingers website I'll apologize for that and nothing else. Thats what did come up googling your name and just happens to be in the Austin area, strange. So I edited that out of my original post.

Wow what did I sleep through. Well if thats not you on the swingers website I'll apologize for that and nothing else. Thats what did come up googling your name and just happens to be in the Austin area, strange. So I edited that out of my original post. I sure do know what word MP is, actually its not a word, its an acronym. I also was in the Army for a few years and know that there are 212 ways to be a soldier, an MP is the one MOS (military occupational specialty, in case you haven't learned that acronym yet) that arrests other soldiers for having a good time. They are known as the snitches of the Army and are the most hated of any MOS.

Fishnemo is an adult and he flames people back. I don't think he needs you to fight his battles for him.

If you just came to NR to talk trash about it you are not going to to get many good responses. I don't know what response you were looking for. If your so bothered by what some members have said to Fishnemo, a guy in China about things you don't even know about (foxfaces and tangs), maybe you need to take a step back and reevaluate your own life. Fishnemo doesn't need you to baby him.

Thank you for removing the information and realizing the mistake. I have a lot of respect for any man that has served his country, they are typically of exceptional character. Coming from the army yourself I'm disappointed that you would put down any other service member no matter what service area they are in. I have respect for those in the infantry, reserves, whatever. Those people are fighting and dying. Wow, I honestly can't believe you said that. When was your last tour? My guy just came back last year and that "snitch" as you put it watched several of his good friends die and took very good care of his troops.

If you read what I've said you'll see clearly why I felt the need to post what I did. This thread is filled with hatred, malice, racism, ethnocentrism, etc. I understand now that you guys think it's all in fun and games but remember, this is a public site and you've got that dirt up there for the world to see. Every once and awhile someone is going to take offense and when they do, accept the feedback or don't. I thought this was a site for reef keepers and this is one of the first threads I read. Don't put up such controversial stuff and expect every single person to ignore it.

Now this thread, your beloved thread that so many seem to love so much has moved on to personal attacks on a young mother who decided to stand up say....hey, your public posts are not appropriate and I take offense. And now, you insult some stranger you don't even know who is serving our country. Disgusting. How dare you.

I had planned to lurk and just stay in the All in One forum, let this die down and let you move on to your next target but never mind. The PMs I received assured me that this was just one pack of undesirable members. But you win, I'm gone. Continue dragging your forum down in the dirt. I'm off to find some place new and if anyone asks about this place I'll be happy to share my experiences here.

HeyLookItsCaps

--edited for being an abusive jackass. if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. and if you still can't say anything nice, find a new forum to frequent.

--OC

supreme_spork
Thank you for removing the information and realizing the mistake. I have a lot of respect for any man that has served his country, they are typically of exceptional character. Coming from the army yourself I'm disappointed that you would put down any other service member no matter what service area they are in. I have respect for those in the infantry, reserves, whatever. Those people are fighting and dying. Wow, I honestly can't believe you said that. When was your last tour? My guy just came back last year and that "snitch" as you put it watched several of his good friends die and took very good care of his troops.

If you read what I've said you'll see clearly why I felt the need to post what I did. This thread is filled with hatred, malice, racism, ethnocentrism, etc. I understand now that you guys think it's all in fun and games but remember, this is a public site and you've got that dirt up there for the world to see. Every once and awhile someone is going to take offense and when they do, accept the feedback or don't. I thought this was a site for reef keepers and this is one of the first threads I read. Don't put up such controversial stuff and expect every single person to ignore it.

Now this thread, your beloved thread that so many seem to love so much has moved on to personal attacks on a young mother who decided to stand up say....hey, your public posts are not appropriate and I take offense. And now, you insult some stranger you don't even know who is serving our country. Disgusting. How dare you.

I had planned to lurk and just stay in the All in One forum, let this die down and let you move on to your next target but never mind. The PMs I received assured me that this was just one pack of undesirable members. But you win, I'm gone. Continue dragging your forum down in the dirt. I'm off to find some place new and if anyone asks about this place I'll be happy to share my experiences here.

hey psycho, i thought you promised to go away before? are you lying again when you say you're done?

and why do you think anyone cares what crazy lady thinks about this forum? your participation here has had zero to do with fish and everything to do with attention whoring. it's YOU, chica, who aren't providing a shred of value to the hobby and are doing nothing other than causing a ruckus. instead of being sloppy and weird on this thread, why don't you actually contribute something to a thread that involves keeping a reef?

as for you being a young mother -- WTF does that have to do with anything other than you attempting to gain sympathy with a cheap ploy? the fact that you gave birth does not mean you're not a nutjob nor does it give you any kind of special protection on an internet forum. a psycho is a psycho.

Ok, I am really getting tired of all this fallacious nonsense.

You are being hypocritical by contributing to this already terrible thread. If you really felt that it needs to stop, you would not be retaliating with your opinions, whether or not you feel they are warranted. Furthermore, whether or not you are a young mother means nothing. You are engaging in a conversation where you are placing yourself on the same level as the other people taking part in it. It does not matter if you are a doctor, or a dog walker, you can not try to personally attack someone for retaliating to your nonsense in the same manner that you so righteously did. Your are guilty of personally attacking others and making ridiculous threats, which in my opinion puts you in about the same category as the people you claim to be "standing up to." In a situation like this, fighting fire with fire will only fuel the problem.

Also, you can not generalize this entire community of thousands of members based on one or two threads where such a minute percentage of the members are making poor choices. This is a completely unwarranted and unjustified generalization. If you want to spread slanderous comments about NR.com around the other communities, you are only practicing the same poor character that you are so vigorously fighting against.

I am trying my best to be a neutral party in this situation, and weed through all the BS that keeps popping up, but at some point I am going to have to step in and say what I am thinking. I love this community, and however disappointed I may be in this thread, I know for a fact there are hundreds of others that shadow this one out. No community is perfect, and maybe the mods on NR.com need to step in a little more often and put an end to this kind of nonsense.

Please choose to be the model citizen you are trying to be and just quit it already. I am not defending/condoning any of the actions by others in this thread, I am simply trying to point out the things that do not make sense.

zcat, the problem is that you come to NR which I feel is a good community with alot of good, knowledgeable members and attacked every1 over the 6 or 7 a-holes that keep attacking fishnemo. Thats only a few out of 32,000 or so members. For you to put down the entire community over a few retards is irrational and unfair. Take a look around the other threads, most here are willing to take the time out to read your questions and offer some good advice. Its a great place to learn about reefing and the NR community as a whole is nothing like the few that you saw in this thread.

zcat, the problem is that you come to NR which I feel is a good community with alot of good, knowledgeable members and attacked every1 over the 6 or 7 a-holes that keep attacking fishnemo. Thats only a few out of 32,000 or so members. For you to put down the entire community over a few retards is irrational and unfair. Take a look around the other threads, most here are willing to take the time out to read your questions and offer some good advice. Its a great place to learn about reefing and the NR community as a whole is nothing like the few that you saw in this thread.

Thank you for paraphrasing, and expanding! lol :happy:

the bannings have started, i don't care who you are, how long you've been here, or what.

either act civilly to other people out here in the general forums or gtfo.

starting with HeyLookItsBanned...

everyone apologize i dont wanna throw out my IBTL pic in my favorite thread!

Dudes, I cannot be more clear. I was talking to the flamers on this thread, they know who they are, everyone knows who they are. I'm sure there are lots of lovely people here. Take a look at it from my point of view, totally new to your site, start browsing around looking at tanks, move over to this board and this is like one of the top threads...I read all 30 pages...and what I see are tons of flamers, I see other members trying to step in and I see them being made fun of and I chime in. Never once did I say this was an entire community of flamers, don't twist my words. It is in my nature when I see something out of control to say something and I did, directed at the FLAMERS on this thread. Read back and you'll see what happened to me from there.

So looking at it from my point of view. I post against the flamers (who doesn't post against flamers?) and the backlash is tremendous, yes by only maybe 5 guys, but they attack me personally, call me a range of names, throw out personal information, etc. So as a new person being attacked by flamers, I see nothing happening. I see no mod step in, I see no one step in and tell these guys they are wrong to behave that way. What would you think at that point? I see me being attacked by jerks. They are my only interaction on the board. I started a thread several days ago on my nano project. But so far, these guys are the only ones I have contact with.

Truly I am happy to see people coming to thread to now stand up for the community. Awesome! But you think I was insulting everyone by telling a pack of flamers they are giving the forums a bad rep? I'm not trying to be mean here, but they are! Please please please stand up for your community. Don't let members attack each other.

As for the getting down to their lvl, heck yeah I did. I came on this morning to see my picture plastered on this thread, my personal info, and lies that I'm some kind of swinger. And you think I'm wrong for arguing back??? I belong to countless forums and clubs and this is the first time I've experienced anything like this. I would love to have a happy, fuzzy feeling about your community but how can I when there is unchecked flaming going on, people stand up and try to say something, get flamed, and no one does anything?! If the good people out number the bad, don't tolerate their behavior.

the bannings have started, i don't care who you are, how long you've been here, or what.

either act civilly to other people out here in the general forums or gtfo.

starting with HeyLookItsBanned...

I'll stop any further replies. I didn't see your post before I replied.

Thx

I'll try out another path of your reasoning....to save the "noobs" from believing what you have proclaimed is poor information. Well, here I am, the "noob" (which is a completely insulting term btw....try something along the lines of newbie or beginner for better internet etiquette), this noob is quite capable of reading several different husbandry methods and picking out the most suitable.

considering that you find something as harmless as 'noob' offensive, i'm not the least bit surprised that you're upset about this thread.

oh my god i go away for a day and this thread is still growing... i think the mods are keeping it open to use the ban stick... zcat do you have anything constructive to say in this post? if not you are an attention whore... why dont you go to the lounge and make a thread of your own

Archived