inTank Media Baskets

Third Times the Charm

Seanfg89

I'm too scared to cut my Sunpod but that does sound very nice what you managed to do with yours.

No I do not have the Six Line and Firefish anymore, I gave them away when I downsized, last I heard they are living in a 40g+ tank.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expect an update soon, I had hoped to have one done when I got all my new zoas but things didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped (when does it ever?). I got some amazing frags from Zoanuts and Atli's Reef to fill up my sandbed but now all my anemones want to see whats going on down there and have moved near the zoas....but thats not going to work out.

Finally, an updated FTS.

P3250057.jpg

And the new zoas. I ordered one of the frag packs from Alti's Reef which gave me a good variety of color morphs, hopefully they will grow over their frag disks in no time. I also ordered one of the Bag-of-Crap's from Zoanuts but unfortunately the majority of those zoas came down with zoapox the day they went in my tank and I lost a great deal of them. However, the amazing folks at Zoanuts sent me loads of replacement zoas so without further delay, here is just a taste of what I received from Alti's Reef and Zoanuts.

P3250044.jpg

P3250045.jpg

P3250049.jpg

I will put up a lot more pictures of all the different zoas a little later, I just have to work out some focusing issues with the camera.

• 3 weeks later...

Time for some new and update pictures. I went away for the week last week and every time I do, my tank goes to algae hell but this time my tank was actually clearer and more vibrant when I got back. All the zoas have had time to settle in now and are really starting to grow and theres new morphs showing up every week.

First a FTS

P4150003.jpg

And now various different close-ups

This is where all the zoa polyps that break free from their frags/colonies end up. I plan on letting them hang out here until they grow a nice bunch and then mount them on frag plugs.

P4150030.jpg

P4150025.jpg

P4150024.jpg

P4150020.jpg

P4150016.jpg

P4150012.jpg

P4150011.jpg

P4150010.jpg

P4150009.jpg

P4150008.jpg

P4150007.jpg

P4150006.jpg

P4150005.jpg

All the above zoas with the exception of the large green/blue colony are from either Alti's Reef or Zoanuts, needless to say I would highly recommend them if you are looking for bright colorful morphs.

• 2 weeks later...

New member of the tank, haven't come up with a name yet but he as already moved himself in. Although he couldn't figure out why some of the shells he was using to build his little hole kept walking away.

P4250012.jpg

P4250013.jpg

Oh, those are fantastic fish pics! He or she looks like a real character!

Beautiful zoas in the previous post, too, BTW! I must not have seen my notification for that post...

--Diane

Archived