Pod Your Reef

Chucktown BC 29 Mixed Reef

divecj5

Just wanted to add a couple of pics. I have about 15 total so I will add some now and some later.

Here are some pics of the GSP I got and a couple of pics of the Chia Pet Reef Keeper :)

CRW_6345.jpg

CRW_6346.jpg

CRW_6347.jpg

CRW_6348.jpg

CRW_6349.jpg

I can't wait for it to start growing down his head...right now it's more of a cheap toupea :D

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ClowningAround
Just wanted to add a couple of pics. I have about 15 total so I will add some now and some later.

Here are some pics of the GSP I got and a couple of pics of the Chia Pet Reef Keeper :)

CRW_6349.jpg

I can't wait for it to start growing down his head...right now it's more of a cheap toupea :D

HAHA that is so awesome I love it! reminds me of that movie Night at the Museam or whatever... me want gum gum you dumb dumb....

I hope the GSP grows in fast before he develops a complex with his toupea :wacko:

Hey Dive refresh my memory, you have the Sunpod MH I think. You talked about screen and framing at one point if I remember correctly. Are you running completely open top now or do you have some type of cover to prevent fish jerky?

Glad you guys are digging the Keeper of the Reef with his do :) I can't wait as well for it to grow in a little fuller.

Here are the rest of the pics:

Orange zoas with nice growth (might be up for trades in the near future)

CRW_6350.jpg

Blastomussa Merletti

CRW_6351.jpg

These are starting to develop a tint of red:

CRW_6352.jpg

CRW_6360.jpg

Green lobo

CRW_6353.jpg

Check out the three babies on the bottom

CRW_6354.jpg

Lookin good. Nice pic update.

Your cha-cha-chia keeper is looking way too good! Nice job and what a great and unique idea. I predict a few imitations popping up in the future.

MORE PICS

Two mouths so hopefully it will split soon

CRW_6355.jpg

Monti looking good as ever

CRW_6361.jpg

CRW_6356.jpg

CRW_6358.jpg

CRW_6357.jpg

A little artsy fartsy shot of the zoas through the rock :)

CRW_6359.jpg

I will be up in DC at a black tie event B) on Wed and Thursday but I will be pulling for Rocks for you Tudizzle.

Thanks Diane. I really really enjoy taking pictures and I'm glad that they turn out and others enjoy them. I've been doing photography as a side business for a little while now and it's another hobby that I really have a passion for. I just need a nice macro lens and a really nice carbon tripod and I will be on my way :)

I didn't realize that GSP had different morphs but taking a look at other GSP, I can definitely tell a difference.

Looks like it's a resounding enjoyment of the Reefkeeper Chia Pet. Hope his little toupea fills in soon :haha:

Hey dive my bi-color hammer is doing some splitting so in a few weeks I should have a nice frag for ya

Got a few other little beauties earmarked for ya as well.

Do you prefer palys or zoas?

Sorry for the lack of response....I was up in the DC area and didn't have access to a computer. It was kind of nice for a day or two but I missed the internet way too much :D

Hey dive my bi-color hammer is doing some splitting so in a few weeks I should have a nice frag for ya

Got a few other little beauties earmarked for ya as well.

Do you prefer palys or zoas?

That would be perfect about the hammer....you know how much I've been wanting to add some Euphyllia in the tank.

As far as zoas or palys, it doesn't really matter all that much to me. I've had pretty good luck with both so it would be up to you :)

Sweet pics dude... that GSP is gonna grow like wild fire under the halides...

Thanks bud...I hope that it takes off nicely in the tank. Although I know how invasive it can be in a tank (just like Anthelia and Xenia) it is some really colorful stuff. It's amazing how much color it can add. I could see someone doing just a small pico tank covered in GSP and maybe some shrooms. That would be pretty cool.

dive--

Mind a little sidetrack so I can ask what a "carbon" tripod is? Is that a brand?

--Diane

Made with strong lightweight carbon fiber.

Hey Diane. As Spanko said, it's just basically a super light tripod that is incredibly strong. A lot of nature photographers use these as they are really easy to tote long distances, really durable, and since they are made out of carbon fiber they are strong enough support some of the longer zoom lenses that they use. Here is a company that makes some great ones: http://www.gitzo.com/jsp/index.jsp Bogen/Manfrotto also makes some really awesome tripods. That are definitely pretty amazing how easy that are to set up and take down compared to my dad's that I used to mess around with when I was younger.

Thanks for the compliments. Every once in a while I let my artsy side of photography show on here.

You guys should check out my photography site sometime (Divecj5 Website. I haven't updated it in a while so it contains some old stuff when I was just starting out. Here's one of my latest favorites:

80026593.HK6Vsrmi.jpg

Hey Dive I have been actually thinking about that hammer and waiting for it to split. By the time it happens it will be winter and its already getting pretty cold. I would hate to loose something in the mail, but I do have a piece of the frogspawn octopus that I could frag and ship right away. Is this something you would like in your tank or would you prefer a hammer?

Hey Dive refresh my memory, you have the Sunpod MH I think. You talked about screen and framing at one point if I remember correctly. Are you running completely open top now or do you have some type of cover to prevent fish jerky?

Spanko not sure how this slipped through the cracks. Yeah, I do have the Sunpod MH and I do run it open top. Right now, there is nothing to keep the little guys in there other than the blinding light at the top :) I always wanted to frame something in with some of this pond netting but never got around to it. I've seen it made on Reef Central before but never on odd shaped tanks.

Hey Dive I have been actually thinking about that hammer and waiting for it to split. By the time it happens it will be winter and its already getting pretty cold. I would hate to loose something in the mail, but I do have a piece of the frogspawn octopus that I could frag and ship right away. Is this something you would like in your tank or would you prefer a hammer?

Hey bud, no I'm not picky at all about whether it's a hammer or froggy. I've had frogspawn before and would love some again. I understand about the cold whether shipping....it's always a little riskier. Frogspawn would be perfect.

HeyLookItsCaps

if hes not hangin it it would have to be. the 20 in is what fits best on BC29....lemme know how hard SPS is, i wanna get into it but im scared haha

Alright so you have the Sunpod 150. Is it the 20 inch model?

Yeah, it's the 20 incher. I got it from Pet Mountain.com since they pretty much have the best deal around on the Sunpods.

....lemme know how hard SPS is, i wanna get into it but im scared haha

Long time no see bud. Glad you stopped by the thread to check things out. I have to admit that I was really scared to get into SPS as well. I didn't think that I would be able to have them but actually, since things in my tank have been pretty stable, I've had some great growth on them. My suggestion would be to try some monti caps, encrusting montis (like the orange and purple polyped ones I have) and some birdsnest (like I have). I definitely have a good amount of flow in my tank with the Koralia 2 and the upgraded pump but other than that, I am still able to keep LPS and zoas without any problems. I dose about 10 mL of A and B Ionic every other day and that's it. I do 15% water changes every Saturday and skim 24/7. I have found them pretty easy to keep.

I would say give it a go with a couple frags and see what happens. With you living out in Cali and gaging on how many people are from Cali. on here, you shouldn't have ANY problems getting some cheap SPS frags. I would start with those and then maybe try some acros down the line. I might get a green acro at some point to try a little harder one.

SweetCorraline

i went to petmountain and checked out the prices on the 20" 150w and its listed at $224 which is above the $200 at the current website. and on top of that it says that price is 60% below regular! who are the chuckleheads charging $562 for a light.

or are they just BS'in

Archived