Cultivated Reef

10 Gal Prop Tank (new aussie acans)

phases

You are running the exact timeline I was.

As for the stocking. I love LPS and the tank will have lots of them. I have some right now along with some zoa frags and colonies and a few sps frags. Basically the tank is an LPS centered mixed reef. It is kinda sparse right now as I'm saving for school. Slowly but surely its filling up with choice pieces.

Sounds like a good combination to me :) Slowly but surely is the best way to go, I think you appreciate the growth much more that way. Personally I'm focusing on recreating a piece of the Great Barrier Reef (I wanted to do Flinders Reef, but information is too scarce) with primarily SPS, so I guess we'll see how it goes. Ideally I'm gonna start an aquaculture system in about a year's time once everything has grown nicely, because well.. the availability of aquaculture frags over here is pretty pathetic really. Corner the market AND save the reefs, I'll be like Captain Planet!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More pics, plz.

I'm house sitting. I haven't seen my tank in two weeks :( No picks until I get home on Monday.

Damn two weeks thats a really long time to house sit.

Well... it's for my Grandfather and I am looking after his dog and cat too so at least I have company.

Well... it's for my Grandfather and I am looking after his dog and cat too so at least I have company.

Does he have a well-stocked liquor cabinet, and secondary to that question, is he approaching senility?

Thats good man I have to do that as well but my one grandma lives 3 doors down and the other lives 8 blocks away. Living in a small town is great.

Does he have a well-stocked liquor cabinet, and secondary to that question, is he approaching senility?

No and yes so... :closedeyes:

Thats good man I have to do that as well but my one grandma lives 3 doors down and the other lives 8 blocks away. Living in a small town is great.

Yeah he lives in a small town. I really like the feeling of community and that everyone knows everyone who walks by. It's fun to spend time here. Despite being a little isolated.

No and yes so... :closedeyes:

If I was less sober than I currently am, I'd probably suggest dying one of the animals a funny colour and seeing if he noticed. But I am not, so I shan't suggest it <_<

More pics, plz.

Found one new one I forgot to post.

lightbluezoas.jpg

And my crazy man eating favites.

bristlenom.jpg

Yes thats a 3 inch bristle worm in its mouth.

slippy steve

hey phases, how bout...you grow everything in your tank until it doubles and then just ship me half, deal? kthxbye.

Edit: Here, I will quote your last post, cause that pic belongs on the top of the new page too!

My new favorite zoa morph.

redringzoas.jpg

Whats the deal with new frags.

redcap.jpg

lengsycapclone.jpg

turaki.jpg

hey phases, how bout...you grow everything in your tank until it doubles and then just ship me half, deal? kthxbye.

Edit: Here, I will quote your last post, cause that pic belongs on the top of the new page too!

I would but shipping to the U.S. would need cites. :P And thanks for the picture bump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived