Coral Vue Hydros

Grandegixxer's 40 Breeder Frag Tank

GrandeGixxer

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are still in the breeders net in the sump. I set up an N-C 12 for my wife in her office. They will be going in there once I can get the temp stable on it. They are doing good though, getting big. I will snap a pic of them tonight when I get home and post it. I also just added a Mantis shrimp to the sump. I am not sure what kind it is, but it is really small. I will try and het a pic of him too.

I supercharged the tank a little last night. I took the "spray bar" off the return and put an eductor on it. I have been fighting to get water movement at the other end of the tank for a while now. This helped quite a bit. I also took the 2x175s off. I replaced them with...... a 400w Reeflux 10k. I have an XM 10k that I am going to change to when everything gets re-aclimated to the light. I will post pics when I get time.

GrandeGixxer

Everything in the tank is doing great! Everything is adapting well to the new light as well as the increase in flow. I will take some pics when I get a chance and post them up. I got some new Zoas and a really nice acro colony this weekend, and they are doing well. Stay tuned for the pics.

yeah what happened to the pics 2 weeks ago

+1!!

Promises, Promises...

Excucues are like bum holes. We've all got em and they all stink!

suppressive fire
Ok, here are the rest of the pictures from the other day.

dsc02101nw9.jpg

By grandegixxer, shot with CYBERSHOT at 2008-02-18

dsc02102cg0.jpg

dsc02103hv6.jpg

dsc02104ti9.jpg

Sorry for the delay.

these pics are with 2 175's? for my system i was thinking of 2 250's but im worried if thats too much, my system will be like all sps.

GrandeGixxer

I have been in school/work. Sorry for leaving everyone hanging. That pic is with the 2x175's. With my 400, I am just using a spider reflector right now. There really aren't any dark area, but I am going to be getting a Luminarc Mini pretty soon, so it will be even more intense then. I am off work until Thursday, so I will definatly get some pics up this week. I have a rogue emerald crab that is knocking everything over, so I have to glue some stuff before I get all camera happy. I would love to be able to get rid of the emeralds, but they do such good work. If you haven't bought the 2x250's find a deal on a single 400w. It will be plenty, and buying 1 setup is much cheaper than buying 2. In another month or so, I am going to change out the Reeflux 10k for an XM 10k. The XM has much better PAR, but I wanted to make the transition more gradual so I opted for the Reeflux to start off. With my 1 fan, I have not had any issues with heat. The fan is on the same timer as the halide, so it comes on and goes off with the main light. Pics are coming, be patient. :D

GrandeGixxer

Thanks, I am going to go down and clean it and remount corals right now so it will be photo ready when the lights come on tomorrow. I also have to "spring forward" my timers.

I guess another thing to think about is evaporation. I already go through about 1 gallon / day with 1 x 250. I can't imagine how much would evaporate with that much light...

GrandeGixxer

I am trying to talk the wife into letting me get a new camera in a couple of weeks since she just got a new computer. Then I will be able to actually take some decent shots.

GrandeGixxer

DSC02126.jpg

Today I finally put up the canopy lift system and got a little bit of the green thumb and bought a couple of plants.

Tank is looking nice Grande, nice clams too.

Did you pick up anything nice at the swap on saturday.

How big were the blue bar fry.

GrandeGixxer

I got a sweet pink cap, a gold ric fl, a yellow yuma, some clavulia, and a couple other SPS that I liked. It was a pretty good swap. We had a really good turnout. I will post some pics when I get some time this week.

Archived