inTank Media Baskets

Kinetic 82g

kinetic

Someday I will have an ELOS. For now my Aquapod will do. Love the photography. Enjoyed your Kauai pics I can't wait to go out there with my camera for a week in October. Beautiful tank.

no updates, everything's the same =) I'm waiting for things to start coloring up before adding anymore corals. I'm also waiting on a Bellus genicanthus to pop up somewhere =)

hows the elos skimmer working out?

it's not working at all, I think I got a dud, and Jesse and others keep telling me my tank is too sterile, but it's not.

Those sticks still not coloring up for you?

the fireside acro I got from LiveAquaria is actually starting to blue up REALLY nicely now, the other guys are a bit brown still. Nice PE nevertheless and tons of growth.

how can it be too sterile if you have fish? and rock? and bacteria? and nothing is dying of starvation right? LOL...

Maybe see if someone will let you run it on a more mature tank, even for just a couple days

Edited by Uhuru
how can it be too sterile if you have fish? and rock? and bacteria? and nothing is dying of starvation right? LOL...

Maybe see if someone will let you run it on a more mature tank, even for just a couple days

That's what I said, especially since I feed my tank about 6 times a day, have 3 anthias and 5 gobies, and have undetectable ammonia, nitrites, and very little nitrate (go RDSB!).

My phosphates are kinda crappy though, but within a good range.

I might take one of my tunze 9002's off my frag tank and use it on my elos to prove it's got gunk to skim.

The ELOS skimmer does collect tons of skimmate, but it cakes at the bottom of the collection cup instead of up and into the cup. So something's wrong, nobody knows, and it seems like the answer is always "too sterile".

That's what I said, especially since I feed my tank about 6 times a day, have 3 anthias and 5 gobies, and have undetectable ammonia, nitrites, and very little nitrate (go RDSB!).

So the RDSB is working that well huh? I may try one on my next tank along with BB, I'm trying to keep it as low maintenance as possible but still want the ULN environment. Don't know if I can handle the zeovit dosing with my school schedule.

So the RDSB is working that well huh? I may try one on my next tank along with BB, I'm trying to keep it as low maintenance as possible but still want the ULN environment. Don't know if I can handle the zeovit dosing with my school schedule.

zeovit is difficult... lots of discussion about it as well. i never went that route as it seemed to be a lot of work for spotty and inconsistent results. Sometimes it makes a tank amazing, other times it destroys it, with neither person doing something intrinsically wrong or right. I sorta stayed away from that and went with the simple and proven way.

maybe one day when zeovit matures a bit more or something else comes around that's easily usable. I'm sure it's not far around the corner, i mean heck, look at how much lighting and skimming has improved over the years =)

try a RDSB, it can't hurt =)

zeovit worked great for me, actually I think the key to its success is to keep it simple with the basic 4, use a salt that doesn't require adjusting (like RBS), and only add the safer supps like coral vitalizer, sponge power, coral xtra... no need to touch the iron, potassium, spur2, until you are in the final phase

for me, I'm worried I won't have time to dose on-schedule all the time

Hey everyone,

Really a big lack of updates... nothing new has happened in my tank. Three ventralis are healthy as heck, eating like pigs =) My gobies are fat too, those lucky guys get 4 - 8 feedings a day with the ventralis.

The blue on my cali tort and fireside are really kicking in now, but otherwise everything else is colorless.

I will probably be adding a naked clown and a teardrop ocellaris soon. And whenever a female bellus genicanthus pops up, that'll go in too.

I may add one ore two more ventralis as well.

I've been fighting a mini crash in my frag tank. The powerstrip with my pumps failed while I was out of town for 6 days... somehow only a few things died.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

frag tank crashed unfortunately, but I still have all my fish and the shrimp =)

The ELOS is doing well, nothing new... the ventralis got wiped out by some parasite that I introduced with a new pair of ventralis... I should've QT'd the damn new ones.

I have hundreds of baby trochus babies, and some new grown on the corals (though no color).

Skimmer still doesn't work. GO ELOS SKIMMERS! lol

I've been super busy at my startup company, so I barely have time to visit the pages or put in more corals. My RDSB is rocking, my nitrates are incredibly low to almost nonexistant.

it looks EXACTLY like the last photo. seriously. taking another would yield nothing different =( sorry!

if someone sends me a stick of icefire and a purple monster, then I' could take a new picture ;)

hey man! nice to see your tank is doing fine, but im soo sorry for the losses.. ohh yeah im joining the big boy club now! just got a Oceanic 90RR in cherry with everything