Coral Vue Hydros

2.5 UPDATE - Hood Finished and NEW Corals

C Jerome

The frogspawn frag i bought from Metznreef arrived this morning, USPS Priority mail. It was mailed tuesday and i picked it up at 8am this morning. It was all shrunken in close to the skeleton when i took it out of the bag. I temp. placed it in the sand on the right side of the tank. I left for work at 9 and at 12:30 i stopped by during lunch and it had extened almost fully and looked great. These pictures were taken at 5pm, about 8.5 hours after the coral was placed in the tank. I think i am going to move it to another spot in the tank, maybe into the middle back area, i think if i put it there, there will be a little less flow, I will have to try it out. Included in my package was a small frag of GSP, which has not opened up yet, it must need more time.

I am also planing on cutting my Candy Cane in half so i can fit it in a better spot, i was going to do that today, but my neighbor was out and i need his dremel.

C. Jerome

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey jerome! i'm glad to see the corals are doin good! im sure the GSP will open up and start spreading in no time. it's also good to know that corals will do well being shipped priority mail! that's alot cheaper then next day ups.

Hey I was just wondering if you could send me the dimensions on that hood. I have a 2.5 and want to do the same thing.

Thanks

I can measure it on sunday, today is my birthday and i wont be around but i will be back sunday.

Archived