SaltCritters.com

2.5 UPDATE - Hood Finished and NEW Corals

C Jerome

This is the second post about my new 2.5 setup. I started it over a month ago, I had planed it for a while so everything went together well and I came up with a good aquascape. The only bump in the road was when my neighbor's back went out and we had to postpone building my hood one week, he is a excellent furniture builder, so I basically talked to him and watched while he built the hood and base for me, we use some scrap mahogany he had just enough. So enough of a wait here is the set up and the pictures

Equipment

AC 150

Mini jet 404

Visi therm 50W(in tank)

2X 13W one 6500K and one True o3, the next $20 I have will go to a third 13W

5lbs of LR

Several lbs of South Down(courtesy of AbSoluTc, thank you)

some rubble and water from my established 6gal

Corals

Xenia

GSP- I think three different kinds

Candy Cane- moved temporarily from my 6gal

Leather

ZOOS

-big one with a baby down and front

-two different colors on the rock to the right of the big one

-two more with some babies on the left mid height,

-hiding behind them are two bright yellow ones that I love (yellow is my favor

color) and I hope multiply

Purple mushroom- the first baby from my big one in the 6gal.

Animals

One Astrea SP?

One Blue Leg

FISH- maybe one small one- I am looking around for one now, any ideas, I am thinking clown goby or .....

Well that’s it for no, I hope to add more corals later this week

Thanks for reading

C. Jerome

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSP, i glued a little bit inside this cool coral skeleton and it is filling it up now, i like the shape

FlyGTI

That must be a VR6, you posted even before i finished with the pictures, and yes i am going to put some colored paper, what i used on my 6, behind the tank, i was going to do it yesterday but i forgot, i will go do that right now.

C. Jerome

nice, looks alot bigger than a 2.5g, also i think the leather is a sarcophyton judging by the long tentacles (someone correct me if you feel differantly)....

Very nice C Jerome. Is the base solid, or just a rim of moulding that sits around the bottom of the tank? How about a shot of the inside of the canopy?

Hope all goes well.

hey cj, that first "GSP" in the picture looks like what people are telling me is "briarium"

does yours eat too?

Originally posted by LiQuiD:

Looks great. Welcome to the Hardcore Pico Crew.

Props from the Don of 2.5's himself.

I am waiting on a friend who has the ability to make a straight cut in a piece of wood (unlike myself) to put together a stand and canopy for my 2.5. Right now, I still only have the glass box. Every so often though, I pirate one of you guys (the pico crew) full tank shots and just tape it to the inside of my empty 2.5 so I can feel like I'm doing well.

Keep the updates coming!

Thanks for all your great responses

Spencerx, thanks for the ID, i will look it up and see if i can find more info about it, i have one the size of a silver dollar and it tenacles are long too.

Palaegic, the base is not solid, we were concerned about it worping, it is more then just a ring though, the tank sits on an edge on the inside and then the moulding is attached to that, i will try to take a inside picture tomorrow, it really was not that hard to make, if you want more info on how "I" did it, drop me a line.

Jahkaya, no its not the 10,000K but it will look even better once i have one. I want to buy one of the 10,000K bulbs and maybe a 50/50 for my third bookworm to be added when i have the money

Liquid, thank you for the warm welcome, the pico crew is the place to be

I cant wait to add a few more corals to the tank and for it to grow in. I think i am going to epoxy the rocks together so i can keep the formation i have b/c i really like it, well except for this one rock on the top right that i want to try to turn or move a bit to get a better fit

Keep it coming

C. Jerome

As requested i took some pictures of the inside of the hood. Also in the last two days, I made up a background and placed that behind the tank, and epoxyed the rock work together. I just did that this afternoon, i think i have to go back and all a little more to make sure all is stuck in place. I also made up a cover for the AC inlet and placed a piece of plastic tubing inside the inlit pipe near the PH side to reduce the flow some, it is working well. I added a brown clown goby(no pictures yet, she is still shy) and seperated my yellow zoos from the blueish ones. Here are the new pictures

And now a close up of these awsome yellow zoos that used to be hidden by the bigger ones on the left

PLEASE SEE AFTER HOOD PICTURES

Archived