SaltCritters.com

2.5 UPDATE - Hood Finished and NEW Corals

C Jerome

Lastly the inside of my hood, as seen in this picture there is one bare screw, this is where my third book worm will mount when i can afford it. I painted the inside white with an oil based paint to resist the moist environment

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this picture you can see the ledge where my plexi rests to reduce evaporation and splashes. We were going to make a slot but my neighbor assembled the top part while i was not there and forgot to cut it, so we did this instead and it works fine.

Lastly, i dont know why the zoos would not show up in the other post, and sorry for the poor picture quality, i am still working on resizing

Appreciate the canopy shots C Jerome. Looks like your friend did some miter work - and for God's sake put some shoes on...

The yellow zoo pic is a bit fuzzy but those colors are incredible.

I will try to get a better pic, it is hard to get my camera to focus on the inside of the tank and not the glass. I have to borrow my fathers coolpix, that has manual focus. I love the bright yellow color, it is amazing.

There are some 45's on the hood but the front corners are rabbited

C. Jerome

• 1 month later...

Its time to post an update on my 2.5. Since last time a lot has grown, some things have been re arranged and the tank has moved down the shore with me for the summer. The move went well, my rock work stayed epoxyed together and all the corals faired well. I think only the zoos on the right have been added, everying else looks more established, well except for the xenia, that looks bad(any ideas why?). My brown clown goby was enjoying his vacation down the shore untill yesterday when i found poor Moby(god rest his soul) in the power head intake, tail first. I know he must have faught it as hard as he could but the pull was just too strong. When i am next home, i am going to look for a new fish, mybe a striped clown goby. Any way here are the pictures...

oh yeah, i am waiting on the delivery of some button polyps and a colt frag, i hope they will be coming priority mail on wednesday from eric

also do i want to put a nepthea frag in my tank? What is that like?

C. Jerome

These zoos have attached them selves to the rock, they used to be on some rubble, the GSP has spread from the original rock onto the other rock too

The candy cane, originaly only a temporary resident has become a perminat one. It is doing great under the 26W and recovering from the snail attack, it likes it so much that two of the heads are spliting. The one on the left and the one on top is starting to...

This worm thing, lives in the coral skeleton, you can see its tenicals, brown and black in color on the sand on the right bottom, any ideas of what it is? It pulls any junk off the sand bed that it can reach.

If i turn off my AC HOB, i can get nice top down pics of the tank, its just another angle you usually dont get to see

Great stuff... nice attention to detail... many little specimens, I expect that you'll have to frag or trim them every so often ;)

Keep up the good work CJ!

The whole picture from front and center...

And i just got an e mail, my colt frags and brown polyps should come inthe morning, lets keep our fingers crossed, also any feeling on where to put the two colt frags?

AND my 10,000K 13W bulb came today, so i switched that in, the pictures were taken with it.

Cmoreash, i am only dosing... i dont know what its called, i dont have the real bottle with me, i left it in philly. it is like a two part calcium sup. but mixed into one bottle, its made by kent, maybe kent calcium reactor, i am not sure, but i put one or two drops of that per day and then once a week a put a little sea chem reef plus for trace elements and what not.

My Colt and button frags came in the mail this morning, my post office is great, they called me at 8am and were like your box is here and its leaking come on down and pick it up.

bowfrontsrock

How are the new corals doing? Do you have any pics, Just want to check on my frags and shipping quality, sorry about the leak I have no idea what it was.

Here is a poor picture of the polys that i just got from bowfrontsrock, they look really good. I will try to get a better picture

Archived