Pod Your Reef

6yr old LED NanoCube - tank moved!

joesmoe517

joesmoe517

funny everytime someone asks for updates i just took a bunch of pictures. Picked up the olympus sw550wp waterproof cam to see how it looks. Almost all of these new pics are taken with it:

ftsmay09.jpg

P5280052.jpg

P5280050.jpg

Acanmay_28_09smalledit.jpg

P5280068.jpg

pinklobosizeedit.jpg

P5280084.jpg

chalicelight05_09.jpg

P5280061.jpg

P5280069.jpg

P5280070.jpg

P5280066.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joesmoe517

Oh forgot to put it in my thread b/c i put it on the picture in my gallery of the damsel. The firefish ended up in the pump in my back sump.... RIP Andy.

• 3 months later...

thanks thewire, no skimmer, bi-weekly 3 gallon water changes with Tropic Marin Pro Reef. I guess it's been a while since i updated this thread so heres a new FTS since i replaced the PC bulbs:

ftssept2009.jpg

sweet i can only hope to have mine look this nice. did you ever not use that stock skimmer thing that goes over the intake i havent used mine but after seeing your tank i may start

Thanks for the comments everyone. Metal, to answer your question, yes. I bought the tank used and it didnt come with the surface skimmer and i always had gunk on top of my water. After i got the skimmer it has always been crystal clear.

• 10 months later...

Yeah its still around and looks pretty much the same. I will try to get a picture later tonight and post it up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Whoa, i havent been on here in a long time! I started ignoring my tank a bit...well at least compared to how i used to pay attention to it. I reduced to bi-monthly water changes, my PC bulbs were going on 2 years old, and I hadn't added any new livestock in a very long time. Fortunately, a couple of my groomsmen gave me an LED retrofit kit for my wedding gift, and renewed my interest in my tank again.

Here are pics of the LED install. One of the groomsmen already did the work in terms of glueing the LEDS to the heat sink, i just crimped the wires and installed it into my stock hood:

2011-04-25003546.jpg

2011-04-25004148.jpg

2011-04-25004213.jpg

2011-04-25004224.jpg

2011-04-25002408.jpg

2011-04-25004402.jpg

2011-04-25005737.jpg

Measurement with a Par meter determined the output of my LED's at 6" depth (half tank) is 150W!

And here are some tank shots under the new lighting... remember she's been kinda sorta neglected to some degree so not really up to par:

IMG_6726.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6719.jpg

IMG_6710.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Yessssss i do. In fact, i just made an order on mrcoral.com ... got a blue's clues acro, a riddlers revenge acro (and a couple other things i could do under lower lighting as well). I am excited, but also need to prepare with another water change before they arrive because i think my calcium may need a bit of a boost... should probably get to testing that soon.

In a related note... i am going to have to get rid of some of the things i have currently. I am going to be fragging all of my toadstool leather babies and bringing them to the LFS, as well as fragging off a majority of the heads of hammer, with the exception of a few. Might also consider re-organizing my rock structure to more of an island in the center style setup. Still havent decided on that yet.

joesmoe517

Funny you should ask about that... just got the order in earlier today. I purchased four items from the "$10 section":

1. The "Blues Clues" acro arrived DOA-- totally fried. I mean like, solid white skeleton, not even much tissue floating in the bag. Almost as if they sent it to me bleached already.

2. The second measly little frag of acro was broken off from the frag plug, seems to be alright but doesnt have much color like it did in the website picture.

3.The zoas, which in the picture (that i thought was WYSIWYG) had about 7-10 polyps on it, consisted of two tightly closed up polyps on a frag plug for $10 (plus the cost of the $35 shipping divided by 4 frags -- so around $9/polyp).

4. The chalice looks fine, just a little ticked off.

The box arrived to me at 1:40pm after 24hr shipping, and it was in my tank by 5pm. Order total was $75 and i ended up with an inch of acro, a single mouth of unknown chalice, and 2 polyps of some kind of zoa... i guess i will stick to trading in person and buying from an LFS. Waiting on their response, but apparently their terms say DOA's warrant a store credit... so basically i get nothing back because the frag was $10 and shipping is $35 and i would never order from them again unless they refunded the money.

Funny you should ask about that... just got the order in earlier today. I purchased four items from the "$10 section":

1. The "Blues Clues" acro arrived DOA-- totally fried. I mean like, solid white skeleton, not even much tissue floating in the bag. Almost as if they sent it to me bleached already.

2. The second measly little frag of acro was broken off from the frag plug, seems to be alright but doesnt have much color like it did in the website picture.

3.The zoas, which in the picture (that i thought was WYSIWYG) had about 7-10 polyps on it, consisted of two tightly closed up polyps on a frag plug for $10 (plus the cost of the $35 shipping divided by 4 frags -- so around $9/polyp).

4. The chalice looks fine, just a little ticked off.

The box arrived to me at 1:40pm after 24hr shipping, and it was in my tank by 5pm. Order total was $75 and i ended up with an inch of acro, a single mouth of unknown chalice, and 2 polyps of some kind of zoa... i guess i will stick to trading in person and buying from an LFS. Waiting on their response, but apparently their terms say DOA's warrant a store credit... so basically i get nothing back because the frag was $10 and shipping is $35 and i would never order from them again unless they refunded the money.

Wow! That is terrible! Did you pay with paypal? If so, start a claim on him for that. They also now honor SNAD cases for outside of ebay transactions. You did your part by paying him, he didnt do his part. Simple as that.

Matt

Archived