Cultivated Reef

I'm Back in Business!!

Crakeur

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

closer shot of the lights. as stated, only running the actinic for now as I don't want to get the tank hotter than what it already is (82). I will have to figure out how to cool the tank once the legs are on. As stated, my options are dependent upon the fuse box. I will toy around with the iceprobe and see if there is a spot on the thank that will allow it to do the cooling there. Perhaps in the fuge.

On a side note, lots of algae forming in the fuge (cyano) and a bit of it on the side of the tank that faces the window. I scooped out a little gree slime like algae this morning as well.

Did a small water change (2.5 gallons) and will do another one by the end of the week.

Sent measurements to Bruce for new legs and he is going to get back to me with the status when he gets back in town.

Bruce said he was trying to customize them for your tank, and would let me know how it went....guess he was waiting to hear back from you.

Looks like you're getting there....BTW: See my Jerk post to see how my asshat of a tank is doing today: I feel like your lead hamster there.

Actually used as an adjective in this sense. Didn't mean to sound, well "a$$holish" to use Dwight Yoakam's term from Sling Blade

ok, until I get the lights figured out, I am moving forward. I ordered those shrimpe from mariculture and a couple of green calciferous algaes.. tomorrow I will place an order from ipsf for snails, micro hermits, stars, clams and watever else will get me under the 9 for 99.

I then hit inlandquatics and pick other snails, worms etc, macro for thr fugr (diatoms and some slime popping up there) maybe go with one fish, a sand sifter, if they have one. that should tide me over for a few weeks. by then the lights will be up and legged and running and I try the probe in the fuge or try cooling the tank with a paif of clip on fans. if the temp stays flat and params are all good - off to the transshipper to loot their tanks.

kev, ken et al, if I can bring you along, you're definitely going to get an invite. otherwise, we will bring espi down for a second run.

I HAVE LIGHTS!!!

Legs are on and the tank was lit up like a christmas tree for about an hour tonight. Tomorrow is heat test day. Actinic goes on at 3:30, halides at 4. I will get home at 6 to babysit the tank and test the water and the heat and all that jazz.

Things look great, although the halides are a bit yellow and the actinic isn't very bright. Not sure if the bulb is lame or if the halides need to burn a bit and lose the yellow.

In all, I'm real happy with the tank so far. The rock is awful tho. No color left and very little life but I will take care of that soon enough.

Archived