Coral Vue Hydros

clam won't settle down

melfy

I've purchased a crocea a week ago and I thought it was starting to attach itself to a rock but no it's still moving around, making rocks fall on my corals!! :angry: Is there a way to get it attached to a rock or something? I've just put it back on a flat rock.

thanks

If you can........place the clam where you want it and then surround it with pieces of live rock so as to make it stable when it opens and shuts . It is most likely falling over during this process and the violent slaming & opening is how it plants it's foot .

well so far so good. I can see white filaments, seems like it's starting to get attached. Today it looks more beatiful than a week ago. Fully extended and great colors. I think that the t5 were a bit too strong near the surface. I've put him in middle of the tank. I'm moving this tank in 3 weeks, so hopefully it'll be attached by then and I'll try to put it back the same way it was.

finally I was able to get a camera, so here's some pictures of my crocea, which is a little longer than 3''.post-21324-1186785414_thumb.jpg

post-21324-1186785544_thumb.jpg

post-21324-1186785562_thumb.jpg

And Victor, well he's my bluestripe pipefish. He's been in this tank for over a year now. Feed on pods and stuff like that. And he hates my camera soooo much. Really hard to take a good picture of him. In this picture you can see him hunting near the cheato.

post-21324-1186785603_thumb.jpg

As for mister Green, he didn't ever bother coming for the picture. Ah yes I forgot to mention, mister Green is my green clown goby eheh.

Archived