inTank Media Baskets

ADIN TANKS

adinsxq

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, sok, I suppose. But your supposed to be setting an example as a mod, and quite frankly I'd have expected more. -_-

Kidding, or am I?

-pinner

Unreal. Anyone know how much those cost? The yuma/anem lookin things.

They are mini carpets, s. tapetum to be exact. If you search in the invert and propagation thread you will find plenty of info on them. They come in two types the mini mini which reach about 2in and split like bunnies and the maxi mini which supposedly can get to 12in but no ones seen it get that big because they get diced up for propagation before that. The mini-mini's run any where from $10-20 and the maxi's go for about $60. If you want to see more different varieties and for more info on them visit dshnarw's biotope. He actually talks in his thread. :P

*edit--here are the links the first is pics and gen info, the second is the propagation thread, and the third is Daniel's thread

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100437

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121624

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142920

Adin----love the tank and pics of the nems :wub:

wow... i've always really liked the look of macroalgae in a display, whenever you see closeups of reef rock, there's always some dotted here and there, so it's very natural looking to me.

can you describe how you chose the macro? (aside from the chaeto). is that kelp in there? was it just something you liked the look of, or did you pick it for a specific reason?

TIME TO START TALKING!!! I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!!

I, too, was thinking how striking-looking that macro was. Really sets off everything else.

Man, those nems are out of this world!

Quite the frag garden in the foreground as well!

--Diane

Looking good, sir!! When you gonna sell/trade me one of those orange ones??!!??

(Not only do I talk in my thread, but adin does too! Well, as much as adin is prone to talking ;))

TIME TO START TALKING!!! I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!!

If Adin refuses to talk, he could always photoshop some words on a picture for a response... I guess that technically wouldn't count at talking :)

If Adin refuses to talk, he could always photoshop some words on a picture for a response... I guess that technically wouldn't count at talking :)

Last time he did that, all we got was "GFY".

I'm really liking the macro-filled background.

Adin...

My Mini Max must have known I was fixing to scrape it off and cut.

The little turd moved inside the cave---it had been on outside.

Now to dice up...I will have to remove all of the left side in my 75 gal

to get to him...NOt gonna happen anytime soon.

Sry

Izzue

Adin...

My Mini Max must have known I was fixing to scrape it off and cut.

The little turd moved inside the cave---it had been on outside.

Now to dice up...I will have to remove all of the left side in my 75 gal

to get to him...NOt gonna happen anytime soon.

Sry

Izzue

Try piling rubble over the cave. Sometimes that gets mine to move onto the rubble, and it's easier to get them off rubble.

Ugh, move your tank INDOORS where plants won't fall into it! :P:haha:

You're such a baby Adin, all worried about how we'd view the tank. Hands down, it's up there with the best of them. Those S Tapetums add a special bling to the tank. ;)

.....can you describe how you chose the macro? (aside from the chaeto). is that kelp in there? was it just something you liked the look of, or did you pick it for a specific reason?

I'll tell you how he choose his algae. It went a little like this...

Adin: "Hey geez, i think i'm overfeeding my tank, there's green algae in there."

Me: "You should pull it out!!!"

Adin: "Naw....to lazy...."

:P

Archived