Coral Vue Hydros

Something ate my maxima

AMSR

So I had a baby maxima clam in my tank. It was about 2". Today when I woke up, the shell was there, but the clam wasn't! Something in my tank ate it... I didn't think any of my animals would go for clams, but maybe im wrong?

1 Royal Gramma

1 Watchman Goby

1 2 bar rabbitfish

1 Emerald Crab

6 hermits

8 nass. snails

a couple margaritas

1 queen conch

2 candy cane shrimp

1 cleaner shrimp

any ideas? The rabbitfish? The conch? Hungry nass.?

I would question the'candy cane shrimp' the emeral crab and the rabbitfish JMO

yeah those peppermints are useless. They were supposed to eat my aptasia, but they didn't. They just hide in the rocks all day, and thats about it. Well except for possibly eating my clam... shessh.

RayWhisperer

Chances are it probably died. Something about clams, when they start to go, everything senses it. The scavengers go wild! I watched a LFS drop a half dead maxima in a tank. I told him it was near death. He said he knew, and to look at it in 5 minutes. Sure enough, that thing was covered in nass snails, emerald crabs, sally light foots, and CBS's.

Chances are it probably died. Something about clams, when they start to go, everything senses it. The scavengers go wild! I watched a LFS drop a half dead maxima in a tank. I told him it was near death. He said he knew, and to look at it in 5 minutes. Sure enough, that thing was covered in nass snails, emerald crabs, sally light foots, and CBS's.

Yeah it didn't seem to be doing to well the past few days come to think of it. I moved it from my old tank (well it was attached to a rock). Params seem OK, but I guess he must not have like the new diggs... oh well.

Archived