ReefCleaners.org

clam mantle nipping blenny

teajay33

i recently got the clam fever and added a clam to my reef setup. unfortunately i noticed in day 2 that it wasnt fully open. so i watched for a while, and sure enough it started to open, just enough for the bi color blenny to come over and nip it and make it closed again. so my question is this... is there any other option besides returning one of the animals. (sorry blenny, you cost 20, clam costs 60). any help would be great!

TJ

Daniel Loo

I've got the same case. Eventually it's all too late for me to notice that my bi blenny is the culprit....take out the blenny if you can or else, the clam...lol.

• 2 weeks later...
reefman225gal
i recently got the clam fever and added a clam to my reef setup. unfortunately i noticed in day 2 that it wasnt fully open. so i watched for a while, and sure enough it started to open, just enough for the bi color blenny to come over and nip it and make it closed again. so my question is this... is there any other option besides returning one of the animals. (sorry blenny, you cost 20, clam costs 60). any help would be great!

TJ

man I hate to sound like an a-hole but that just was not a good tank mate for you clam wow this forum is just getting depressing. people buying fish or inverts for there tanks then get home and ask on the forums what do i feed it is it compatible with this or that. those are fair and valid quetions but that should of been done before purchase..blennys are known to nip LPS AND CLAM MANTLES NOT ALL BUT THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE. :rolleyes:

if there is a chance, it is better not to take it. murphys law.

either way, please research before purchasing!

Archived