Coral Vue Hydros

Utopia in a Mason Jar

fraggle rockette

euphoricgear

man cant wait to see this setup. how are u gonna do the plimbing for the chiller? i need ideas of doing that for my 10gal.

if u need more air running through the stand, maybe cut a big chunk of the doors and use some kind of screen material so that air can go through. the ones they use for those old school rocking chairs are pretty kul. .

have fun at cochella, heard rage is gonna be there.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fraggle rockette
About a mile and a half west, so closer to you. ;)

And I LOVE go karting. Haven't been to Speedzone in ages, but I really want to try out Pole Position in Corona or Dromo 1... Real car racing at the track hands down is no comparison though, but WAY more expensive!! =X

sweet- i can walk over and steal, i mean trade, frags! :D

by the way, you're on for some racing then B)

man cant wait to see this setup. how are u gonna do the plimbing for the chiller? i need ideas of doing that for my 10gal.

if u need more air running through the stand, maybe cut a big chunk of the doors and use some kind of screen material so that air can go through. the ones they use for those old school rocking chairs are pretty kul. .

have fun at cochella, heard rage is gonna be there.

yeah, not so psyched about the rage crowd... lol. i prolly wont plumb the chiller in- just run the pvc over the back and suction cup it inside. me+drilling glass=bad idea. but i ran it over the back of my 12JBJ and it worked fine (while i had the stock hood on i drilled holes for the tubing).

i thought about cutting holes in the doors and putting screen, but my roommate is not fond of the idea. we'll see how hot it gets first... eh.

fraggle rockette

i admit it.

i'm obsessed.

and i don't sleep. well not much anyway.

what started as me wanting to arrange the rocks and add an inch or so to the sandbed last night turned into me setting up my entire 24g between 8pm and 3am. ha. it's at a place where i can leave it be- all water params were fine during course of setup, and are still okay this morning- the only thing that was off was the SG in my LFS water for my 24g (which is very unusual) and I didn't have salt to mix in and bring it up! (note to self- get salt) but I acclimated everything and moved some water from my 12g to try and bring the gravity up a bit. so this morning everything is eating and happy, and i am off to sit in traffic with several thousand other people on their ways to coachella. :D

but before i leave, here is a new FTS! not a great one, but i've gotta run- pardon the "dust"- it was feeding time:

IMG_6156.jpg

sweet- i can walk over and steal, i mean trade, frags! :D

by the way, you're on for some racing then B)

haha, man I was gonna do that to Maeda too! :P

So that sounds like a challenge to me. I've got track experience though I must warn you, so my apexing is spot on. ;) We should totally go battle it out on the GP track at Speedzone sometime, lol!

Anywho, the FTS looks good so far. Glad to hear everything worked out with the transfering. B) Isn't the additional space the 24 gives you, nice?

Nobody steals my sps and gets away with it. I'm watchin' you buddy. :D

Looking good so far. Where did you get those nice gorgs? I need to have another for my collection.

How come so much sand? o.O

Ehh that's not too much sand, like about "2.5 deep I'd guess? I have between that and "3 in mine, but then again my Dusky needs that DSP action. Man, in one area in the tank, he piled sand over "6 high to clear his burrow! :lol:

Ehh that's not too much sand, like about "2.5 deep I'd guess? I have between that and "3 in mine, but then again my Dusky needs that DSP action. Man, in one area in the tank, he piled sand over "6 high to clear his burrow! :lol:

And you want to keep sps with all that? :mellow:

fraggle rockette

i'm back! :D

i managed not to burn too bad or die of heat exhaustion or be trampled in the rage against the machine pit, and after scraping three plus days of dirt off of me a few minutes ago, i have to say it was an f'ing awesome time, as always. there's something a bit spiritual about it, and there's nothing better than camping in the desert's 100+ degree heat!

So that sounds like a challenge to me. I've got track experience though I must warn you, so my apexing is spot on. ;) We should totally go battle it out on the GP track at Speedzone sometime, lol!

Anywho, the FTS looks good so far. Glad to hear everything worked out with the transfering. B) Isn't the additional space the 24 gives you, nice?

i will kick your pansy little butt. B)

and yes it's amazing to have so much space! i LOVE it- i came home today and was like holy cow my tank looks so cool! lol. especially now that it's cleared up more and the corals have all opened up better- i just have to fix a few things my hermits knock down... grr...

Nobody steals my sps and gets away with it. I'm watchin' you buddy. :D

Looking good so far. Where did you get those nice gorgs? I need to have another for my collection.

How come so much sand? o.O

i got the red one in the SFV at Vivid Aquariums... they usually have a few nice purple ones as well, but are soo far... the yellow i got at my LFS (Tropical Imports in Glendale) a week or so ago when I went to get water for the new tank- they had it in their shipment last week, and i had to have it- plus it was kind of a steal :happy:

and the DSB is mostly for my roommate, tho i may get a goby or other burrower at some point- i had about 12lbs less and she was like, "i think it needs more sand. you should really put more sand. yeah, aesthetically..." and so on so i took a hint and did it. (gotta keep her happy too since we split power ;) )

your scaping is very nice!
Fraggle.... one word... IMPRESSIVE!

thanks everyone else for the nice comments- i got my box from marine depot over the weekend and will be installing the second bulkhead today or tomorrow- that should keep those gorgs and sps's nice and happy :)

fraggle rockette

lol... im not putting my roommate's pics on here!!!

p.s. do u have horses or just love them? :happy:

lol... im not putting my roommate's pics on here!!!

p.s. do u have horses or just love them? :happy:

Now who is a pansy little butt? :D

I train race horses so yes to both. ;)

fraggle rockette
:o:o:o

dude i was reading your other pose- how many cars are you working on at once???

Now who is a pansy little butt? :D

I train race horses so yes to both. ;)

:D you are my new best friend... but prolly not in CA huh...

:D you are my new best friend... but prolly not in CA huh...

Girl, Tx chix rock so if you want me in Cali i can be there in a few hours. ;)

I am in OKC. I train at Remington park. That is me in my avatar riding years ago.

fraggle rockette
Girl, Tx chix rock so if you want me in Cali i can be there in a few hours. ;)

I am in OKC. I train at Remington park. That is me in my avatar riding years ago.

haha i didn't know the pony express went that fast- cool that you ride though- i used to non-stop, but haven't in several years and miss it like hell... maybe if i feel crazy next time im back home i'll make the drive and see your horses :D

haha i didn't know the pony express went that fast- cool that you ride though- i used to non-stop, but haven't in several years and miss it like hell... maybe if i feel crazy next time im back home i'll make the drive and see your horses :D

Already know your crazy. ;) Your from TX and you have a reef. :P

But yea come up. Your welcome anytime to check out the horses and we can do a local reef tank tour.

I love horses cause chix love them too. Heh

euphoricgear

hi. i love the setup.

"And I LOVE go karting. Haven't been to Speedzone in ages, but I really want to try out Pole Position in Corona or Dromo 1... Real car racing at the track hands down is no comparison though, but WAY more expensive!! =X"

been wanting to get a gokart too but too expensive for now. speedzone is too slow. i used to go when it was the old place (malibu something) with the real indy type cars. real fast too.

which one is topical imports in glendale? is that the one on colorado?

fraggle rockette
hi. i love the setup.

"And I LOVE go karting. Haven't been to Speedzone in ages, but I really want to try out Pole Position in Corona or Dromo 1... Real car racing at the track hands down is no comparison though, but WAY more expensive!! =X"

been wanting to get a gokart too but too expensive for now. speedzone is too slow. i used to go when it was the old place (malibu something) with the real indy type cars. real fast too.

which one is topical imports in glendale? is that the one on colorado?

haha... yeah im going to check out gocart world in carson at some point- not sure how fast they are, but at least they have a big track.

yeah it's on colorado- i have the owner convinced to start a frag section too for more nano-ers :D

lol-btw, it's tropical imports actually- topical would be something else :P

i will kick your pansy little butt. B)

Bring it, I'm waiting! :P:D

Good to hear you had a good time and came back alive and wel, hehe. Yeah the heat this weekend was terrible. :(

Archived