inTank Media Baskets

Oh please no

Uhuru

I found a pyramid snail on my clam today. I pulled that f***er off immediately! What's the chance that there are more eating away at my clam if he is acting perfectly healthy? I've been keeping a close eye and haven't seen any more of them, even with the lights off. Damnit!!

Helfrichs Chick

Just keep an eye on it. They bore down so look close. Bristleworms lol. They will not eat your clam. Honestly I have heard of it and really think that the clam that was eaten was actually on its way out. I have bristleworms everywhere, even under my Maxima, all is fine.

Six line wrasse will take care of them. My friend keeps a lot of clams and has a six line in each tank. All were successful at getting rid of the snails. Of course I've heard it doesn't work for everyone but out of 7 tanks I've seen this done all seven were clear of snails in less than a week. Now after that, if you have any small cerith or nasarus snails they'll be next!

SeeDemTails
Bristleworms lol. They will not eat your clam.

Im sure it doesnt happen often, but a bristle worm attacked my perfectly healty gigas and fugged him up good around hit spout for about a month. He has healed now, but I dont trust them.

Clam seems to be doing fine though I'm still on the lookout for more. I know those snails can reproduce like crazy. There's no way I could eliminate all the bristleworms in my tank. So far I think they've only been good fot the tank anyways. I have a monster one in my fuge, now that one could probably do some damage if it got into the main tank.

• 3 weeks later...
I found a pyramid snail on my clam today. I pulled that f***er off immediately! What's the chance that there are more eating away at my clam if he is acting perfectly healthy? I've been keeping a close eye and haven't seen any more of them, even with the lights off. Damnit!!

I'm not sure what all you have in your tank..but the little bumblebee

shrimp will sometimes slowly eat away at clams.

Archived