Cultivated Reef

Pickles BC29

Pickle010

"I know.. I have no skills..."

Au contraire! Those are beautiful!

--Diane

LOL Thank you Dianne... yes.. I've been trying to pay attention to some of the tricks and tips you have pointed out. Of course there is always the snap a 1000 photo's, and one or two are bound to be OK.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Diane... Those photo's don't do them any justice. I'm going to have to try and get some better shots soon.

I really like your tank! and your zoas, I want some purple ones but I havent come across any out here at my lfs'. :(

Hey Fishheaded - your best bet is to get stuff like that online. I got those from soneone else here on N-R

:o:o:o

You should copyright those!

I couldn't find any plugs - seems like all the LFS around me are out. So I used tile - The frag really stands out against it.

Deffinately my most favorite pic I've taken to date. I am going to have to buy a better camera - I'm enjoying the cheasy one I have entirely too much... I can only imagine the fun I'd have with something capable of taking a better pic. I just have to get this house sold first... it's still a lilttle higher on my priority list.

Well, if you do get a new one, will you sell me your old camera?! (Let me in on your other tricks, too!)

--Diane

LOL.. I would but the neighbor might get mad. The wife and kids moved up to the new house up north already and took the camera with them. These I took with my neighbors Kodak.

Awesome pics man...I agree that you might want to slap a copyright on those. Seriously, you don't want someone to swipe your incredible pic.

If you are EVER interested in frag off a polp or two of those, let me know. We just don't get those around here in our parts :)

Sweet find for sure. Damn Californians getting all the good stuff :D

WOW those pics are incredible and your is awsome

Thanks guys.... and divecj5 - drop me a pm if you want one... I do have some I can send. I'm getting brave enough with the help of mvites "how to ship" thread to give it a shot if you are up for it.

I've seen a lot of threads about fish carpet surfing lately so I thought I'd post a pic of the covers I made for my tank which is running open top. I made these from acrylic I picked up at Home Depot. Another quick fix is to pick up the egg crate or light deffuser material that you can find in the lighting section at Home Depot or Lowes and trim that to fit as well.

Here is the front piece:

P1010074.jpg

and the back half:

P1010075.jpg

Wow, you really do things "professionally." Makes my two pieces of glass with folded electrical tape as a handle look a little lame... :D

What do you use to cut the acrylic?

I expect those two pieces also do a bit to counter evaporation, limit salt spots, etc. Nice work.

--Diane

Diane -

Cutting it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Most of the cuts where made just scoring the acrylic and cracking it and shaping or tighter cuts where made with a roto-zip (dremel type) tool.

Diane -

Cutting it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Most of the cuts where made just scoring the acrylic and cracking it and shaping or tighter cuts where made with a roto-zip (dremel type) tool.

Easy for you to say! Personally, I find scoring very challenging. And would you believe I've had a dremel for some time, now, and never used it?! Afraid of the learning curve...

(If only girls had been able to take "shop" when I was in school... :angry: ... :D )

--Diane

Tank really looks great. I mean, really really great. You topless BC guys are crazy :) You all seem to have zoa fever :P

I have to admit - life has changed since I've gone topless - I've been trying to move away from the zoa's and into more SPS - I started selling a bunch of my zoa frags a couple of weeks ago and the funny thing thing is I have more now then I had before I started selling the frags. A lot of trading going on.

Mixed reef it is!

It will be easier after I make my move and set up my 40BDR - I'll be able make better use of all the rooom.

I got to admit... I'm pretty happy with it's colors.

They had it under normal pc lighting at the FS and I could just barely make out the color there. Under my MH it colored right up.

Archived