Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pickles BC29

Pickle010

I'm still in a steep learning curve trying to digest all the information I'm finding here. My LFS is brand new (they're still in the process of putting in new tanks and building stands) so I know he doesn't have a lot of stuff yet. Can you just buy things like mushrooms and other things and them stick them on the rocks?

yes... check out some of our sponsors web sites - or some of the classified ads here and check out the pictures. Corals most often come attached to a piece of rubble - or even a plug or tile of some sort. Most people will take the entire piece and place it in their tanks where it will be nice to view and the conditions will be right for it. Each piece has individaul needs - lighting - flow - etc.

When you see things on LR that came with the rock and popped up through the cycle those are referred to as hitch hikers - You purchased one thing - ROCK - and got something along with it = Hitch Hiker.

Some hitch hikers are fine - many are beneficial and some are pests or even detramental to your tank.

I hope that helps... let me know if you have any more questions or if that wasn't clear. You can PM me as well if you don't want to ask here.

Good Luck

pickle the tank looks great man.. im likin those big palys.

I think you are talking about the AoG's - Red with large heads... Those came from StanD - I got those earlier this year and still some of my favorites.

The brown / green ones in the pic with the birds nest are one of the first inhabitants of my tank. I almost gave them away at one point but now they are starting to grow on my again. They don't have a lot of color but they are large and like the green that comes off them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up some new stuff at Reef-A-Palooza this weekend. I'll post some pics soon. Wanted to do it today but the wife and kids have moved up to the new house and I'm staying behind to sell this one. Looks like she took the camera with her. I'll have to see if I can't borrow one.

Couple new additions:

I got these at RAP this weekend:

100_1631.jpg

I also got a Tort - but it's still a little piffed so I'll be watching to see how it does. I don't want to move it and piff it off anymore.

I stopped by Coral Oasis today to pick up some frag plugs and got these while I was at it:

My first acan - this was cool it was on a $40 rack and when I first looked at it I thought it had 2 heads. (so didn't the guy that worked there) But when I went around the other side I saw a couple more so I grabbed it and turns out it had 6 heads in all.

100_1632.jpg

And then this was in the cheap bin - I've never had a Lobo before and thought the color was pretty cool. Sorry for the bad pic - I couldn't get it to stand still or was that me shaking? Anyhow...

100_1633.jpg

Oh, wow, all 3 are really gorgeous!

So that's a young Lobophyllia, huh? I love them!

And a super deal on that super acan, too!

I hope you're going to take scads more pictures. :D

--Diane

Thanks Diane...

I actually had to borrow a camera to take that one. My neighbor thought I was nuts when I asked him to use it to snap a couple of pictures of my tank.

My wife and kids have moved to our new home up north and took our camera with them. I stayed behind at the old house with the bare essentials and my tank. (I guess that qualifies as an essantial) I'm afraid I may be here a while with the current housing market. I hope it doesn't take too long... it's already much too quiet here.

I don't think I could reef w/o a camera! B)

Hmmm. I think I'd be enjoying the quiet, if I were you! :D

--Diane

May be a good reason to go buy a new one...

I thought I would like the quiet but they just left Saturday and I really miss them all - my oldest (7) calls me 3 times a day at least and my baby (2 years old) Said "I love you" on the phone to me for the first time this afternoon. I think this may be tougher then I thought it would be.

Awesome new corals bud. That zoa frag is awesome....you need to get a closer picture of the one polyp splitting, too cool.

Great deal on the acan....time to spot feed that bad boy and let it grow. I got a frag like that with only 3 heads and when I sold it, it had around 25+ after about 8 months.

Jeepers Pickle!! Your tank is looking el terrifico. Hope you get your house sold soon and catch up to your family. Not much fun being away from the wife and kids.

Awesome new corals bud. That zoa frag is awesome....you need to get a closer picture of the one polyp splitting, too cool.

Great deal on the acan....time to spot feed that bad boy and let it grow. I got a frag like that with only 3 heads and when I sold it, it had around 25+ after about 8 months.

Unfortunately the camera I have access to isn't the best... I'll try to get some better pics. Like I was telling Diane, it might be time to pony up and get another.

sweeet dealllsss picklle... did you change your thread title??

I did change the title - "My time to Share" started out as a just a few pics and saying thanks to the forum. I decided to keep it going and make it my on going tank thread.

Jeepers Pickle!! Your tank is looking el terrifico. Hope you get your house sold soon and catch up to your family. Not much fun being away from the wife and kids.

Me too but with the what's going on in the housing market right now I'm prepaired to have to go the long haul. Fortunately they are only 200 miles away so I'll be making plenty of weekend trips - It's really not a bad drive. The only major thing in my favor is that I purchased about 10 years ago and I have a lot of equity to play with. So I have room to move on the price but still won't take any low balls.

Lukily things are starting for the kids... between soccer, school and whatever else they get into they'll be pretty occupied and it should pass by pretty fast for them.

You would think I would know this by now, but how do you edit the title of the thread? I would like to edit the subtitle on mine and couldn't find where to do it.

Thanks,

Adam

You would think I would know this by now, but how do you edit the title of the thread? I would like to edit the subtitle on mine and couldn't find where to do it.

Thanks,

Adam

Great Pictures they look Awsome.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam -

Just go to the first post of your thread and do a Full Edit - it will come up as if you where starting the thread again and allow you to change the title and sub title.

• 3 weeks later...

So I had a few people ask about how I made my rack for my frags in my tank. So I thought I would just post a few pics here to make it easier to find.

I simply made the rack out of a piece of egg crate (light diffuser) perchased from home depot for $10.

I simply cut it to the size I wanted and then cut a support out of the same material for a hanger and supperglued the pieces together.

Here is a pic of the first one I made:

100_1742.jpg

Then I realized I was going to need more room so this is the second one I made:

100_1743.jpg

It's pretty straight forward - you can make it as small or large as you need - I just had too hard of time getting the suction cups on the soap dishes to hold up under the weight of the frags.

Oh... and just for fun.. here is a pic of a new frag I got in trade the other day:

100B1761.jpg

nice new pieces Pickle.. do u have 2 tanks or is that a mirror reflection :wacko:

how bout a new FTS

Thanks! 1 tank with reflection - I'm not ready to do a FTS yet - I have a couple of those egg crate racks in my tank right now with some frags I'm trying to sell. Once I clear those out I'll get a new FTS posted.

Playing with my neighbors camera today...

I know.. I have no skills... but it's fun none the less.

100B1750.jpg

100_1701b.jpg

100_1700b.jpg

100_1701c.jpg

"I know.. I have no skills..."

Au contraire! Those are beautiful!

--Diane

Archived