Top Shelf Aquatics

Aquarium revisited - Nanowave

redbrick

sprintermike

Well, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my RO/DI unit (hopefully monday or tuesday) to get this puppy filled up and starting to work. I'll post pics as soon as I get it filled!

As of now, it is sitting empty on a stand in my bedroom.

Woe is me!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carriegiesler

steve and everyone else.

Did removing the skimmer help the cheto issue. I stuppidly put some in my display and it grew like made. I really had to keep an eye on it. I pulled out a sandwich bag full and threw it into the refugium and of course it hasn't grown much. Thinking about taking out the first small chamber next to the skimmer to see if the increase water flow would help but am concerned about the skimmer pump and gunk getting into it.

• 1 year later...

Babies!!! lots of them!!!!

My clown fish laid eggs a about a week ago...here's a picture (wonder why we can upload more pics). The eggs hatched but no where to be found :huh: These are just regular tank raised clowns..... I think now they are starting to host the hammer head corals. They swim into the coral a lot rubbing their bodies into them...sleeping between the branches... The female has been with me for two years and the male one. Hammerhead has split into more heads than I can count. Xenia is going nuts. Mushroom is not doing too well...tried feeding it but it still looks like a chewed up piece of bubble gum.

I am also looking to upgrade my tank to the Oceanic Illuminata or the Solana XL60...what would you folks suggest?

Thanks

post-26826-1256098095_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well I've had my aquamedic tank for almost 3 years and I figured it was time to retire the little tank. The clowns have grown quite a bit and lay eggs every 3 weeks. The hammerheads (the tank's 'first one') has split from two heads to 11+ now. Xenia's are going nuts, and caulerpa is seriously driving me nuts. The fungia seems to be getting larger and larger.

So to off the local fish store and did some shopping. I purchased the Oceanic Illuminata, Vertex Skimmer, Mag 9.5, couple of Koralia's, 40 some odd pounds of rock, buckets of water, Wavepoint 36", and free corals. What do y'all think? It is a bit empty at the moment cause I just got started transferring the livestock over... more pics if you want...

:)

post-26826-1262379385_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Picked up one of these Nanos from a moving sale for 60.00, took a lot of patience and ripping the skin off my thumb from the pressure of the exacto knife, but I finally got it installed! It looks a little ghetto right now, but once algae starts growing you won't be able to tell.

post-6643-1321502582_thumb.jpg

Archived