Pod Your Reef

trumpet corals

cenzo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some awesome big 'ol hairy shrooms with insane glowing green color. You're welcome to a few for a frag of your candycane, so long as you're not way out in the boonies. Where is Mercerville?

Satch got one and I want the other. Got a bunch of Ricordia that I would love to get rid of. How many polyps on each frag? I also have a rather large leather I would like to loose, it is boring me so if ya have anything else, let me know.

Sure. Mercerville is down by Trenton so midway from us would be around the Edison New Brunswick area or maybe further north around Morristown.

So what's the deal Cenzo?

Cenzo, where did ya go?

Satch, I'll trade ya a ric for a hairy green shroom. I've got a 4" diameter one in a 2.5 gallon that is taking up too much realestate. It is from the same colony as above from another tank and was the first coral in the tank and, well, I need more room. I can fit 4 to 5 frags of another coral in its place so its gotta go. Besides, the hellolights bulbs on the 2.5 don't bring out the color as the bluer CSL bulb in the above pic. The UV/purple light gives it a brown look and I have too much brown looking crap in the 2.5.

Cenzo, I have many more so just let me know. Hows about a pic, it's not that flowerpot coral the LFS told you was a trumpet is it?

Sure Liq, you can have some. These shrooms get big. I have one that's seven inches across. I'll give you smaller ones, but just a forewarning if it's earmarked for your 2.5. They've got really nice color though. Crakhead has some in his office tank.

Ken- anytime, anywhere. And yeah, I guess we could trade frags too.

You guys want to meet up for a drink and some frag swappin' one day?

I'll put the shrooms elsewhere. I wanted a green trumpet for the 2.5 but Cenzo seems to be MIA. Drinks and frags sounds cool one of these days.

Liquid: I have a powdery blue candy cane I can frag for you. Where are you in the Garden State? What else might you have in trade, besides the shrooms?

Drinks and frags sounds cool RIGHT NOW.

I've got green-centered candies, but they've got the brown rim. You're welcome to a frag of that too. I think cenzo's off reading up on Alveopora.

Originally posted by Satchmo

I have one that's seven inches across.  

Based on a rule my wife once told me about, if a guy mentions inches, divide it in half for the real measurement.

Guys, Satchmo planning a reef meeting can only mean one thing. He won't show. Past history dictates this.

Ken, are they blue outer and center or just blue center with pink outer (did that make sence)? I'm in South East Passaic County around Willowbrook Mall. Aint got much to trade at the moment. Have some Xenia, stars (not much green, mostly white and pink), buttons, zoos (only orange/green skirt grown out), a montipora digitata I've been kick'n around from tank to tank, a large sarco stool that is just boring me, and, well, I have these flat green things with numbers in the corners that have traded well in the past. That is pretty much it for now.

Satch, thanks, but no thanks, I got some of that currently. I think your right about the Alveopora.

Crak, Speaking of my 18" frag....You should jump in on the fun, maybe we could all do a hoboken thing so you could do Jersey the easy way. I'll bring heat packs and a cooler so we won't be freak'n over frosty frags and be able to enjoy the meet.

Here's a VERY old pic of the original frag. It's actually more powdery blue than the pic, and currently had about 15 heads until I fragged 4 of them last night for someone.

trumpet.jpg

and a better picture, color-wise, after fragging it yeasterday. Obviously ####ed off, since I just broke it's legs: fraggin' Jersey-style.

bluetrumpet.JPG

Originally posted by Crakeur

Based on a rule my wife once told me about, if a guy mentions inches, divide it in half for the real measurement.  

Except in my case. You need to add 50% -just bringing down the bar for you guys. I could go on about my ten inch hairy specimen, but I'd hate to make y'all feel inadequate.

And I'm planning nothing here. Just throwing out the chum and seeing what we can bring to surface. Missing that dynamite frag meeting was not my fault. You know how many calls I made trying to find a place with a bar that would let in the underagers who never showed?

Originally posted by Satchmo

Missing that dynamite frag meeting was not my fault.  You know how many calls I made trying to find a place with a bar that would let in the underagers who never showed?

Geez, Satch, we all know it was because you forgot to write them all notes to get them out of Saturday band and play practice. Besides, unrolling crumpled $1 and $5 allowance bills for Hoboken cover charges is always a dead give away.

"Dudes, I'm like a student and don't have much cash, so I'll trade you some zoos if you buy me a 12-pack.":x

I'd attend a jersey meeting if it was scheduled appropriately. Unfortunately, I am out of town most weekends now. Either in the Hamptons or spending days at (gasp) my mother in laws beach club. I don't have much in the way of available frags, unless someone is interested in clumps of hair algae and caulerpa. That I can get by the bushel. I plan on making a nice order once I clear up the algae, which is starting to fade believe it or not. As satchmo will attest to, I over order because I am uncontrollable.

Archived