Top Shelf Aquatics

trumpet corals

cenzo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not so easy liquid. First off, we're dealing with the wife packing. She takes everything that fits. Second, I need to actually go thru the closet and see what fits me. I lost 70 pounds since last summer and need to make sure that I have a pair of shorts, bathing suit and something for the wedding that will fit. Otherwise I will look like some survivor reject that washed up on shore.

So is everyone good for the 14th? Any preferences for venue?

Should we post this in the General forum, or is it better to keep it tucked away on the trading board like this?

I'm cool with the 14th. Venue, hmmm, hows about cheap booze and trampy women. I don't know, wherever, you know once we get going we will be bar hopping within an hour or so anyway, Cadilac Bar maybe.

I love a bar named after a car. A celebration of drinking and driving. Perhaps after you go to Cadillac Bar you can hit the Percocet and Chainsaw around the corner.

hehe. Tough to beat Cadillac for cheap booze and trampy ho's (although it may be a little spooky on a Wednesday night). We used to drink for free in that place when the old owner was still alive. He'd hand us wristbands and we'd clean the joint out. Cadillac, Boo-Boo's, and The Clam Broth House -he owned all three. The guy then went and died of liver failure (go figure) and that was the end of the party. But I believe, on close inspection, one can still make out the my vomit stains on the sidewalk just outside the door.

I think that is actually a tourist attraction listed in the Jersey Tourist Board Travel Book. Right after the stench spewing factories is Satchmo's Puke Stain.

Hey, Satch:

Just got home from avoiding the world in Vermont for a week. Stayed at Killington, (free) and there was only ONE bar and ONE restaurant open, so we drove everywhere on one of our typical brewery road trips, Magic Hat still being the favorite. My fridge is stuffed with freshly-filled growlers.

Things got completely out-of-hand with family a week ago: Kim's uncle had a heart attack, stent, discharges, had another heart attack on the way home, different ER, back to Hack. Med for another angiogram, home now. My sister: back in the hosp, now on bed rest until the baby is due (June 18th), my mom's cousin had her husband die of a blood clot during back surgery Mon, and my largest client was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer on Monday as well. My pop and I may be flying down to see him Monday/Tuesday to handle a bunch of things (read as: play referee to insane family) unless they decide this weekend to jet him up here to set up hospice up here near his estrangeed wife and extended family, or stay down in FL with his live-in girlfriend of 25 years. Should be fun.

Well, guess I'm out on this one, even if you do find a bar with a sign on the door: "Patrons with black clouds over their heads must be accompanied by a responsible adult and sign waiver."

Have fun, and BTW: I need to get rid of a bunch of frags, too. anyone interested, drop me an email, and if you feel like making a quick road trip up here, let me know.

Sorry to hear of the woes Ken. Keep the faith. Shot you an email to see if you need to load up on feeder stars. I can run them up Friday and raid your frag tank. Got that Hydno set aside for you and a few other goodies as well. Hang in there bud.

I'm cool, (DT's aside), just whipped.

I'd tell you to swing by today and dip into some of the Magic Hat (broght home 6 half gal. growlers) or Harpoon (2 more), but there's just too much going on w/ Mother's day & ######. We'll keep one aside if you want to swing up here one night this week.

Well, Crak is out, Ken is out haven't heard from Tiny, maybe we should make it in a couple more weeks when everyone can make it. Since this thread started, I got a blue/green candy amongst others but still want to get the trade/hang thing go'n. Let's figure out a good time and place and try it one more time. PM me with watcha got Ken. Hey Satch, got any more Hydno, I have got an SPS itch that I gotta scratch, any SPS frags, let me know.

sorry, i hate subscribing to threads so i'm getting notification thru 3rd parties.

i'd rather meet in a couple weeks too. i'm still re-arranging some stuff i just got in over the past couple of weeks. my red rics insist on moving for some reason so i may have some of those for trade later while the greens are staying put tho. ???

it looks like everyone has something on their plates (all bad too X) ) so it may be better to meet up when things clear up.

Liquid: what type of lighting are you running? I've got some orange, purple and kelly green monti frags, as well as some softies, pavona, blababla.

I think waiting would be for the best if it would mean more of us clowns could make it. Liquid- I could probably eek out another small hyndo frag for you, sure. Orange Monti dig is the only other fraggable SPS I have right now (damn these slow growing PC's).

Keep your eyes peeled for me. I'm looking for a reasonably-priced MH setup for my 46bow. I have that damned plastic centerbrace which I don't want to melt so ideally, I'd like two lower-wattage bulbs to straddle the strip. Tank is 36". Thanks fellas.

You're supposed to get the strippers to saddle you, numbnuts.

Check your email again. I have a canopy that will work for your BF..

Satch: Don't go nuts and hurt it if it is too hard to get another out of it. Small is not a problem since the itch is for the 2.5 and the SPS in it are all under 2" and are averagimg 1" I would say.

kennerd: digi or cap on the monti's? Lighting is PC's. I have halids on a bigger tank for transplants if things look dismal but I want to put them in my 2.5 with (2) 13 watt pc's. Actually, under these 2.

attachment.php?s=&postid=95546

So far so good, I have had these guys in for a while now directly under the bulbs (1/2 to 1" from the water surface) and the bulbs are only a half inch from the water so they are 1 to 1 and a half inches from the bulb.

attachment.php?s=&postid=95539

So should we shoot for the 28th same town or wait until June?

Still haven't gotten this email you speak of. cptsatchmo@aol.com. I looked into the double bulb strips, but it's more than I want to spend new. If you have a used one you're willing to let go of, that would be ####.

It's not a problem Liq. The piece I have has branched into a crown with about 5 spurs. Each is just under an inch, but you're welcome to one. I also have Crakeur's hydno (from the same mother colony) which is looking a little stressed. I'm turning that one over to Ken in hopes that his MH's can bring it back. Mine is under PCs and although it didn't retain the color as nicely as Crak's did, it's healthy and hairy as hell.

Liquid: Monti dig. will do excellent under PC's: I'm looking at the 7 cube with 53w of PC's and they are fully expanded 12" down from the PC's. 27w daylight/26w blues.

In fact, I mentioned a dig cap to Satch, but mis-ID'ed it. It's actually Plating Montipora Effusa in a ridiculous lavender purple with neon light green polyps. Here's a pic. I have two or three TINY frags of it (1.2"x1/4") from when our group busted this colony up into 21 portions. This is in addition to the two larger frags I have mounted in the big tank. For these I need something pretty cool, though, since this thing really rocks.

RMD05020041.jpg

Commence drooling, kids. This one I'd only trust under halides. It'd be a pity to watch it brown up.

Archived