Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

trumpet corals

cenzo

Originally posted by Crakeur

I don't have much in the way of available frags

I'm sure your presence would be its own reward.

Hoboken sounds good. We could do it on a weeknight if that's better for everyone.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Satchmo

Hoboken sounds good.  We could do it on a weeknight if that's better for everyone.

Yeah, I actually prefer being hung over during the week @ work, rather than ruin a good weekend day off nursing a hangover.

Seriously, I'm in: plenty of frags.

My goal is to convince the old man to put a large tank out at his house. Stock it with livestock from local waters and when large enough, eat the livestock. I'm dying to get myself some lobsters. I missed the big kick off last weekend and my lovely wife snagged a leftover lobster tail. This weekend I am actually heading to Jersey for a birthday party (nephew) so no hamptons till next weekend.

I'd do my best to attend a night time event but if I get the car out of the garage, schlepp my sorry ass to jersey and find out that nobody shows, I'll be real ####ed.

Mmmm...scallops.

I had the best scallops ever last Saturday at a restaurant called the O'Hana Steakhouse. Hadn't had good ones since the last time I was at Sanibel in Florida.

Hey, speaking of food and such ilk...

Crak, you'd be the guy to ask this...there's an Italian place in New York that has another location in Vegas, and that's it. Do you know the name? Supposedly it's some fancy shmancy place. Ring any bells?

Can I fly in for the frag swap and some barley pop?

Later.

Leave the car Crak -get out of work and hop on the PATH from Penn. I'll meet you in Hoboken and we'll get our game faces on while we wait for the cavalry.

crap, I do know that place but the name escapes me. I have a client that loves it and calls me all the time to hook him with reservations thru my contact. Il molino? Is that the one?

Might be. My boss had taken some of the Wells Fargo Financial Executive Officers to a nice Italian restaurant, and he couldn't remember what it was, only that it had another location in Vegas.

Hoboken it is. Now all we need is a tenative date/time/place . Leave the car and take the Path Crak, let us get the DWI's.

Ken, the blues are cool. Satch, the green shrooms sound cool also. Now you guys need to tell me what to bring from what I listed as having, including the thin green non-photosynthetic corals that don't even need water that are currently housed in a small black leather tank at a temperature of 98.7 degrees.

Who else could we get in on this? What about Tiny? If you guys know anyone else from here that may be worth contacting, do so. I'm sure we could post in Manhattanreefs.com or not 'cause I would rather have this as a meeting of the Nano-reef.com members then a local frag swap.

Once again, Asshat, LLC had commandiered another thread. Just came back from X Restaurant & Bully Boy Bar up here in Rockland. Give me a week, and we are game for trae-dola.

night-night!

Haha: my last post probably took 2 mintues to punch out, I was a little toasted last night. Happy Friday morning, Ken.

OK< I'll be having the second annual Summer Fragfest and Gutterdrunk coming up @ Chez O'Brien. I'll keep you posted: beer, ribs, frags, etc.

beer, ribs and frags? any jersey skanks? I know the state is known for them. You know, the short denim skirt wearing, slippery when wet tank top sporting, one tooth out, 2 foot of hair, high heeled whores that are so common in the state?

heh ....I live in Rockland County, NY, holmes....

Pick 'em up on the way if you must, but they can't come in the house: have to stay in the yard and pee in the bushes, just like those keggers in high school.

Besides which, up in north jersey they are all just belly shirt wearing little snotty rich kids ripping around in jeeps and BMW's anymore. Evolution from all the Chevelles and IROC's of years past.

Arbitrary date just to get things moving along:

Next Wednesday May 8. Discuss. Someplace close to the trains would be good. The Clam Broth House, Hobson's, or The Black Bear would be my picks. I'll drop Tiny a PM and let him know we're stirring up trouble over here.

thanks for the pm don satchmo.

you guys sound like the US trying to gather allies for the Iraq war, the usual suspects. well, i'm not gonna be france and #### on the parade so you can count me in.

i still have that colt frag i offered you crak if you want. i have a tiny sarco-in-a-flowerpot but that's about it. (the center one below, btw don't get your hopes up the pot's only the size of a dime) that other colt frag (on the right) took but it's slagging a bit for some reason and is also bothering the mother colony too so nothing's ready other than the oldest colt frag, which seems perfect. ???

i don't have anything else right now as i'm filled to the rim so someone can have freebies, door prizes for anyone who want them.

Originally posted by LiQuiD

Now you guys need to tell me what to bring from what I listed as having, including the thin green non-photosynthetic corals that don't even need water that are currently housed in a small black leather tank at a temperature of 98.7 degrees.  

Do you have a list posted somewhere? Here's what I have off the top of my head that's fraggable:

GSP

RS Xenia

Pink Sarco

Pink Capnella

Afore mentioned mutant Chernobyl shrooms

Caulastrea (brown/green)

Sm. purple rics

Orange Monti dig

Frogspawn (maybe)

Nothing fantastic this time, sorry fellas. Nicer stuff needs to fill out and I'm hesitant to frag from the 10g due to stress over the lighting debacle.

No cash. What's mine is yours. Just hit me up down the road. Is everyone cool with the 8th? Is there a better day? Don't matter to me.

Sure: pick the one week I actually get away. We're heading up to Rhinebeck for a few days to get lost, drink and feed our faces.

I have a bunch of stuff, but sending a box of my crap along with a bunch of drunks in my absence would be like throwing a laundry basket of candy out on the porch for Halloween with a little sign saying "Please take just one."

Hey, Liquid, your shark is munching to the beat of Metallica in the background.

Here's a quick list, though, to whet your appetite:

sinularia dura (cabbage)

rust colored palythoa-type cup zoos with jade centers

long polyp waving hand pink anthelia

monitpora digitata orangey brown with purple/pink tips

GSP coming out of my ears

purple frilly gorg (photsynthetic)

purple tree gorg (phto)

blue shrooms,

pale blue trumpet/candy cane (res for Liquid)

Green slimer

purple tip tri-color: fast grower

a. millipora rusty-skeleton, neon jade hi-lights/tips

solid chocolate brown acro with neon green polyps

pink pocilipora damicornis

Just keep me in mind: I'm only looking for funky zoos and SPS right now. Clams or starfish of any variety (harlequin feed), too.

K

I might have to skip this one. I have been on the wagon for several months now (no corals added to the tank) and, if I see all the goodies (I need more xenia - tossed all mine as it was attached to algae, need more gsp, want frags etc) I will fall off the wagon hard and right now I need to focus on cleaning out the algae first.

When I get back from my trip, I will try and arrange some kind of sitdown here in NYC, where Don Satchmo and his minions can settle their issues with the NY reefers that follow the laws of Crak.

I'll keep checking the thread as I might end up giving in to the addiction. Plus, I have that same friend that came to the last gathering and he now has his tank all set up so he might want to come.

We can wait till the following week so you can come Ken. I could snip a small frag of Patrick Monaghan's hydnophora for you. Really nice piece and it grows well under my PCs, so I'm sure it would take off in your 65.

Liquid- The white and pink stars sound interesting.

New arbitrary date: Wednesday May 14

C'mon Crak- that's over three weeks away. You know as well as I that you won't stay on the wagon that long.

the 14th is the the day before I go away. Odds are the wife will need me around to pack or something. Do it without me and I will hook up with y'all next time.

Where are you headed, Crak. 14th sounds a little better, but who the hell knows these days.

Satch: good deal. I'm in for the hydno. Take your pic.

Crak: get settled and then bring a fistful of cash to my house and you can window-shop. We'll even liqour you up while you shop. Rockland County version of Rodeo drive shopping with free champagne. You pretty woman, you.

Archived