Coral Vue Hydros

Crocea under PC for about a month?

zachxlutz

I just picked up a nice, but small blue tridacna crocea yesterday at the LFS for $40, couldn't pass up the price.

Here's the hitch... It's sitting under 80 watts of PC in my 10 gallon right now. It should only be in there about a month. I'm going to get it attached to a small piece of live rock and then put it up as high as possible on a eggcrate rack. Am I going to have problems with it being under the PC lights for about a month or so?

Also, since it is only about 2" should I remove it from the tank, say once a week, and place it in a small container and drench it with phytoplankton until the water clears up and then place it back in the tank? Any ideas on feeding this guy?

Thanks.

Yes fead the crap out of it !

If its only for a month, maybe not.

Your thoughts on feeding? DT's phyto? separate container until the water goes clear?

If it's going to be a month - then I wouldn't be too worried. Just feed the phyto into you tank - and direct feed would be cool too. I would ck out clamsdirect for any other direction.

I would just feed the tank. In my opinion taking the clam out to feed it all the time is more af a stress the to the clam then anything.

80 watts...well...

keep your water params as steady as possible. i hope you know what calcium and alk are the 2 most critical params for clams. good luck and transfer him asap.

80 watts...well...

keep your water params as steady as possible. i hope you know what calcium and alk are the 2 most critical params for clams. good luck and transfer him asap.

i have no problems with nitrates, and i'll pick up a calcium and alkalinity test kit in a few minutes as well as some b-ionic to keep things going smoothly. I'll be putting him under my 2x150 halides as soon as that cycle finishes up.

i have no problems with nitrates, and i'll pick up a calcium and alkalinity test kit in a few minutes as well as some b-ionic to keep things going smoothly. I'll be putting him under my 2x150 halides as soon as that cycle finishes up.

i would also pick up an mg test kit as it is hard to balance ca and alk with low mg. nitrates aren't a problem for clams, in fact, in can actually be beneficial.

i would also pick up an mg test kit as it is hard to balance ca and alk with low mg. nitrates aren't a problem for clams, in fact, in can actually be beneficial.

Well, i picked up some test kits from aquabuys.com, here locally, I got Salifert Calcium and Salifert Carbonate Hardness/Alkalinity tests.

Tested both: Calcium is at 420-425 and Alk is at 8 dKH.

I bought some nano-reef A & B as well in case I need to start dosing for the little guy.

Also, live cultured phytoplankton was picked up in order for the little guy to get as much nutrition as possible.

Here's a pic:

100_0851.jpg

100_0854.jpg

100_0856.jpg

Hey Zach

Nice clam B)

I added one to my prop tank...Like EZ said they can actually help by polishing

your water so to speak...

I posted a pic of mine Under EZ nano 2...It was harvested incorrect but is healing.

Not to mention pic was under Hamilton 175 MH 14k...WAY to BLUE for prop tank.

I went to a LAN in LA for the weekend and visted Salt Water World in Monroe...Picked up a XM 175 10K...IM STOKED!!!!! This lamp is awesome.

Good luck

Izzue

Nice tank and setup!!!

Your clam looks beautiful!!!! B)

Thanks, I'm patiently waiting for this cycle to be over on my 33 so I can get it under some good light.

Although, it seems to be doing well in my 10 gallon, with no bleaching or fading.

Hey Zach

Nice clam B)

I added one to my prop tank...Like EZ said they can actually help by polishing

your water so to speak...

I posted a pic of mine Under EZ nano 2...It was harvested incorrect but is healing.

Not to mention pic was under Hamilton 175 MH 14k...WAY to BLUE for prop tank.

I went to a LAN in LA for the weekend and visted Salt Water World in Monroe...Picked up a XM 175 10K...IM STOKED!!!!! This lamp is awesome.

Good luck

Izzue

Thanks for the input! I'll check out your clam... Did it's byssal threads get torn?

Yeah, I can't wait to see how blue/purple this clam is going to look under my 14k MH.

Archived