Innovative Marine Aquariums

Blue ring octopus

Juanhunglo69

BasementJungle

Huge props on going with the blue ring. I've got a little story about poisonous fish. Back when I was the fish guy at petco a volitan died and a kid that worked there got it out of the tank with his bare hand. He immediately started feeling sick and his arm swelled up huge and they took him to the hospital. I guess he had an allergic reaction too. Be careful.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So this very BRO would be cooler then regular ones because it already killed a human being?

"Hey, man, this is BRO! It can kill you with one bite!"

to

"Hey man, this is BRO, it already killed a person!"

hmmm.....

by golly, oogie's right!!

"killer octopus!" "certified killer!"

:blink:

to eBay with it! :bling:

haha, my store's new wholesaler has a BRO for $3.20. if they weren't illegal in ga i might offer to help you out, lol. and then there's the whole "me having to handle an animal that can kill me in three minutes as a favor for a complete stranger" thing, haha.

haha, my store's new wholesaler has a BRO for $3.20. if they weren't illegal in ga i might offer to help you out, lol. and then there's the whole "me having to handle an animal that can kill me in three minutes as a favor for a complete stranger" thing, haha.

Since I live in Germany it might not make it in the mail but I am not paying much for this one. I think that our LFS guy just wants to see one in person. However he said that he won't even be touching the box that it is coming in.

One Eyed Bunny

You'd imagine that that would sound an alarm in your head screaming "What em I thinking?" LOL.

Again, best of luck dude and I really hope everything goes according to plan.

• 3 years later...
Why do you gotta be so generous with my stuff? That's messed up!!! That octopus is not crawling into my bed he will be crawling in bed with my friend. I understand what you guys are saying but I work with stuff everyday that can kill me so I gotta have some sort of way to vent it. Remember my Desert nano? Remember the pics of the tank setting on the MK 84(2000 pound bomb) with the Nano-reef.com sticker. I am probably going to start drilling that 20 tomorrow. We will see.

haha nice. I want to see that pic if you are still alive.

I did read that but why not be extra careful? I don't want tinyreef givin my stuff away.

hahahaha

So uh... wtf happened?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

hmmm. I agree with the "don't get it" people. i had a forktail blenny and when it "died" i took it out with my hands. They're poisonous and next thing i knew he'd bit me and dug in. I had an allergic reaction and my hand was ballooned up in five minutes. I'm concerned about there not being a post here in the past few weeks. lol? maybe?

Meengineer0128
One can only hope.

Come on guys!!!! You shouldn't wish for death on anyone..... Though most survivors do recount the extreme pain they were in.... Lets hope for that instead.

I decided to take the plunge and try something different. One ten gallon aga barebottom with one 2-3 pound peice of live rock that has a cave like bottom. I have had the tank running with what seems like no cycle yet. I have a bio wheel 150 with the biowheel removed for moving/filtering the water and a small heater to keep it warm for the little guy. I know that I don't want to get bitten and am even a little hesitant to put my hands in this water after he goes in. I will more than likely wear rubber gloves for water changes. My LFS agreed to get one but said that I had to pick it up the day that it came in. He doesn't even want to even keep it in the store. Any body else keep one of these?

Rubber gloves???? Don't you mean steel gauntlet??? Good luck man. I would def. have some form of identification braclet on and I would contact local ER's and University ER's to let them know that you are keeping the SECOND MOST DEADLY seacreature on earth.

JesseWin123

Sorry but anyone stupid enough to own a creature like that deserves a darwin award PERIOD They do nothing different than a normal octopus which is perfectly safe to own so why not just own a normal octopus? An individual only owns a blue ring octopus because they want attention. Perhaps its the kid that no one wanted on their dodge ball team in grade school.

http://scienceray.com/biology/marine-biolo...s-of-the-world/

Come on guys!!!! You shouldn't wish for death on anyone..... Though most survivors do recount the extreme pain they were in.... Lets hope for that instead.

Rubber gloves???? Don't you mean steel gauntlet??? Good luck man. I would def. have some form of identification braclet on and I would contact local ER's and University ER's to let them know that you are keeping the SECOND MOST DEADLY seacreature on earth.

Sorry, don't mean to be ignorant, but am curious, what is the first MOST DEADLY seacreature?

Box jelly fish :angry:

Thanks, just read a little on them and found they are fascinating...as long as they are in the ocean where I am not, kind of like the BRO.

cheryl jordan
Thanks, just read a little on them and found they are fascinating...as long as they are in the ocean where I am not, kind of like the BRO.

Yea I have read description of the results of the sting or box jellies and it sounds more than painful. People have had heart attacks from the pain alone.

A young girls was recently stung very badly and never expected to make it but she did, the pictures of the wounds were terrible.

Box jelly fish :angry:

FAIL. In reality, the Irukandji tops it.

Now back to the BRO. Props on sticking through all the harsh words, I too will be getting one!

When you tell someone that its poisonous, all of a sudden they think it will find and bite them after it escapes.

irukandji are crazy..in a bad way...but for some reason i find them extremely fascinating. Not that i'd want to keep one as a pet or anything, but study them in some form or another.

Good luck to everyone trying to keep a BRO, please keep us updated on how it goes and be careful. The OP seems to have stopped posting in 2006, and i was interested to see the ultimate outcome of this setup, i just hope everything worked out alright

FAIL. In reality, the Irukandji tops it.

LOL it is considered a box jelly. So I guess you FAIL. KTHNXSBYE

Archived