Coral Vue Hydros

Blue ring octopus

Juanhunglo69

Maybe you can make it a theme tank. All you need now is a Lionfish, a Cone Snail, and a Box Jellyfish and you are good to go.

I already have the lionfish at work. I didn't buy it but I take care of it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost picked one up with my hands last month :D didn’t even know what it was. I was like cool octopus!!! Just before I grabbed on to it the owner of the place scream NOOOOOOOOO Don’t touch it!!!!! :D Its poisons!!! When they told me what it was I made it a point ever to touch any thing unless I know exactly what it was.

I almost picked one up with my hands last month :D didn’t even know what it was. I was like cool octopus!!! Just before I grabbed on to it the owner of the place scream NOOOOOOOOO Don’t touch it!!!!! :D Its poisons!!! When they told me what it was I made it a point ever to touch any thing unless I know exactly what it was.

Where were you at when this happened? How big was he?

Well that woulda been stupid huh.

Quote:

"I understand what you guys are saying but I work with stuff everyday that can kill me so I gotta have some sort of way to vent it"

Like, with almost anything deadly, you still have a relatively good chance of survival. Snakes, are a good example of this. The BRO I'm afraid is one of the exeptions. There is no known anti venom.

i just don't get the fascination w/ a BRO. you could freakin DIE!!!! Be DEAD, gone forever cause you wanted an octopus. i'm a bit flamy now but come on.....

Juan's signature talks about doing 100 mph wheelies..... :o I think the blue ring is probably safer. He has done his research and he isn't endangering any unsuspecting family / kids. Let him have his fun. I doubt the octo will jump out of the tank and attack him. :lol: He just has to stay on his toes. I would lock the canopy just in case a stranger happens by. Best of luck.

Juan's signature talks about doing 100 mph wheelies..... :o I think the blue ring is probably safer. He has done his research and he isn't endangering any unsuspecting family / kids. Let him have his fun. I doubt the octo will jump out of the tank and attack him. :lol: He just has to stay on his toes. I would lock the canopy just in case a stranger happens by. Best of luck.

That remindes me of sushi,maby try fugu!No not me........perv

where were you? In florida?

No, it was at one of my supplier in CA. I'm very hands on when I go pickup live stock :D However I was in FL a few months ago and visited a store that had one. I it was Atlantis or something like that but I don't think it was for sale. But I did hear they were closing down so maybe you should give them a try.

Juanhunglo (Mark) was a friend of my cousin's, and if you haven't heard the news yet, I may as well be the first one to post.

He did, in fact get the octopus, and then the octopus got him. It apparently crawled out a small hole in the lid and was on the outside rear of the tank when Mark went to remove the lid to look for him. He had enough time to call 911 and explain what happened, but they either didn't get there in time or just weren't able to treat it, and Mark died a few hours later in the hospital.

A sad tale, but not surprising considering how dangerous these creatures are known to be. Mark was always taking unnecessary risks, and I guess the "cool" factor of this got the better of him.

omgomgomg

Almost as entertaining as Prop's PPE thread. I doubt that really happened.. it seemed like new members were pulling everyones leg to begin with

Can I get the BRO?

I am only saying this because I am sure mark is not dead!

So this very BRO would be cooler then regular ones because it already killed a human being?

"Hey, man, this is BRO! It can kill you with one bite!"

to

"Hey man, this is BRO, it already killed a person!"

hmmm.....

Naw guys I am still alive but that was some funny sh!t. Juanhunlgo's real name is George and I have been venturing all over Germany the last week. The BRO is still on order I am just trying to get better than a 10 AGA that I had originally planned to use. I spent my day in Frankfurt and found a store in a town close by called Wiesbaden and it was by far the most fascinating LFS that I have ever been to. There are 2 tanks that at least 20 feet long 8 foot wide an 3 foot deep as their sale tanks another 20 footer that is diplay only and 50-60 tanks on the wall with stuff that I have never seen before. Rock fish, Dragon eels, A black fish with an orange outline, sea slugs and that is just the beggining. I found a nano knockoff and am considering getting it. I am just afraid that the BRO can climb over into the back chambers. I looked it over real good and don't think that he can get out of it. I guess that I can gheto it and duct tape the front down, naahhh there is no way that he can be that strong. This one actually clicks shut. I did grab a piece of rock with pink, blue, green, and orange zoos on it. I can't wait till tomorrow to see how it looks outside of the million watts of lights that they had it under. Will get pics on here when he comes in.

I would think that a truvu mini aquasystem could work good for a blue ring. easily drillable for drains in the back, there's room for an airlift skimmer and you could easily Weld-On a sturdy diy cut acrylic top to the tank with a lock. I just dont know if the little octo would be able to get through the overflow slots even though they are tiny. I have heard that an octopus can fit through a hole the size of it's beak?

Archived