Top Shelf Aquatics

Blue ring octopus

Juanhunglo69

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 20 tall I guess that I can drill and set up a little better than my initial idea. My buddy has a canister filter left over. I have more rock brewing in a rubbermaid bin. It was dried reef rock and is now in the bin with a powerhead with 10 pounds of live rock. I have it heated and even have a light cycle on it. No real reason for the light but I figured that it couldn't hurt.

Phealox is it possible for you to post a pic of that project of yours?

Thanks for the inputs guys.

Oh. Sorry.
np, you can have the duplicate stuff if you don't mind. heck, you can even have the bro, since i'm feeling so generous with juan's stuff. :P

just one question....

ARE YOU F***EN CRAZY?

it's NOT worth it...

but if you insist, i'd get different filtration. the beak will be small enough to fit through the intake, which means the octopus can fit in the intake which will either equal an octopus smoothie or you getting bit trying to free it. i'd use a big sponge filter, especially with such a small animal living by itself, and cover the top with siliconed down plexiglass with a small removable screen door right in the middle of the lid so that thing has 100% zero chance of escaping.

but remember, if you get bit, you'll barely be able to get to the phone before you die. NEVER stick your hand in the water without someone there (not that having someone WATCH you die would make the situation any better...). good luck, and you win the brass balls of the year award. i'd rather mess with a king cobra...

np, you can have the duplicate stuff if you don't mind. heck, you can even have the bro, since i'm feeling so generous with juan's stuff. :P

Why do you gotta be so generous with my stuff? That's messed up!!! That octopus is not crawling into my bed he will be crawling in bed with my friend. I understand what you guys are saying but I work with stuff everyday that can kill me so I gotta have some sort of way to vent it. Remember my Desert nano? Remember the pics of the tank setting on the MK 84(2000 pound bomb) with the Nano-reef.com sticker. I am probably going to start drilling that 20 tomorrow. We will see.

how about dense stainless steel chainmail gloves? :D

Don't worry I will never touch him with more than a net. It says that they can put a toxin in the water. I probably won't even put my hands in the water other than to start the siphon and then I will probably still wear at least rubber gloves and will know right where he is at.

From personal experience, I've decided this is complete hogwash. Reports of people feeling the effects of the toxin (TTX) are from bagged specimens, or dead ones. Mine lived with fish, never bothered them. And never, did I, or the fish, show ANY signs of envenomation.
As I said before.
Hey, I was hoping to get some of that stuff!

Really though, if your gonna go through with it. Wait till feburary or march.

I will see if I can put that on hold. The guy has already made the order I think....

Hey, I was hoping to get some of that stuff!
pm me your requests quick. the spots are going fast. c7 and adin are fighting over the lights right now.

btw just how old are those bulbs, juan? :P

hmm... i just heard that if you treat the water with a very high quality antibiotic and feed with the same, the toxic portion of the venom will be neutralized. worth looking into...

ReefApprentice
hmm... i just heard that if you treat the water with a very high quality antibiotic and feed with the same, the toxic portion of the venom will be neutralized. worth looking into...

Lies. I would set the tank up really efficiently, like so you never have to put your hands in the tank. Have an extra bulkhead on the back to drain and pump water.

Archived