Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

my dream system is almost a reality!

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

If you still watch this thread, I'm curious as to how your flow from tank to tank is setup. I remember you mentioning something about a ball valve to divert flow, but not much detail. I was briefly pondering a 3 tier setup - display -> refugium'ish tank -> sump kinda thing, but that might be to much for a noob like me. Does your display drain partially to the macro tank and partially to the sump?

Still drooling over your setup...

Thanks!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

hey guys! long time no talk.

well i'm in my new home. i have been for a month now. the only thing that didn't survive the move was my computer. i couldn't get the dam thing to turn on. with the move moneys been tight, and i couldn't afford to repair the computer with all the other repairs required when you purchase a 65year old house.

i dont know what was up, but today i found my computer up and running. i didnt even turn it on. i figure the power button must have been stuck. am i glad to be back on line!

so first to reply to the questions.

my "old plumbing" was 3/4"cpvc from the sump to my 1/2" maniflod in the reef. 1/2 way up i t-ed off the line and added a tap/valve to allow me to control the flow to the seahorse tank. i believe theres a pic somewhere in this thread.

well if the "old plumbing" hint didnt give it away, i've completely rebuilt the system. its now my bar. :) select pine construction, finished with danish oil.

its along way from finished. the empty space on the right is going to house a 6" tall overflowing aquarium.

the area on the left that seems to be missing the rope trim, will actually be a cuboard. and when the final aquarium is installed i'll be constructing a cedar shingled/grass thatched canopy to house all 3 sets of lights. i want it to look like an island bar when its finished.

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5904.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg

IMG_5918.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

the piece of ply hanging infront of the lights is just a tempory blind.

during the move i found both pair of my pipefish (blue stripes and the red ones i thought died months ago)

i never see the red pipes, thier a master at stealth. honestly i haven't seen hide nor hair in 6 months. they've almost tripled in size and have obviously paired up. since the move, they have eluded me.

i scraped all the paint off my aquariums. ill be changing the manifold alittle so you cant see it through the aquarium. like the horse tank, it will be hidden behind the overflow.

so that what i've been up to during my absence, what about you guys and gals?

Looking good Leigh. I'm glad everything seems to have done ok in the move. I like the new set up. Still have to see it in person one day!!! My new tank is doing great! Take care.

seahorsedreams

Dang. They didn't look like they were going to be of the rough and tumble variety.... like those blueberry ones. Oh how I want a blueberry gorg.

• 3 weeks later...
chris-is-awesome™

wow the old setup was fantastic but the new setup totally out does the old one! that is amazing dude please continue ur thread im interested as to see what happens!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived