Coral Vue Hydros

Caesar777's "REEFING SUX III" Bowfront

Caesar777

HAPPY NOW?!!

No C, I'm not. I went through that whole post slowly, reading your description of each pic, thinking it would all culminate in a FTS, and then bam!...harsh reality.

Nice Duncan btw, frag it a couple times and buy a car.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice Duncan btw, frag it a couple times and buy a car.

:haha:

I rearranged my tank tonight... Took out the fuge/angler tank (scrapped the idea--don't feel like it) and left the red grape macro clump in the top left corner. Got a blue "blueberry" gorgonian. It's beautiful, looks like a Bonsai tree. I couldn't find it in Soft Corals and Sea Fans, a very extensive book (includes drawings and photos of sclerites!), given to me by my boss when I first started, so I'm not sure as to whether or not it's photosynthetic. We'll see how it does--and put it where that browned-out orange Pavona maldivensis was. I'll be getting rid of the the Pavona. Sick of it. It's just not for me. SPS is for gaywads. I've been dosing DT's and I'll be adding some OysterEggs too. I hate overfeeding, though. Maybe some day I'll get rid of those bastard pistols. God I hate those things.

Got a few shots including an fts and shots of the cabinet and lighting, but NR wasn't working all last night! By God, I thought I'd been banned or bugged and had the shakes all night! :P

Will post pics probably tomorrow, or whenever I'm home next. (Visiting my parents and my doggy, awww.)

My boss gave me the Duncan to grow out. The nib of a fragment of a polyp at the base has healed over--it's all fleshy over the fracture point, and is turning into two baby polyps, one on each side of the split. It's admittedly pretty cool, though not $50-200/polyp cool. It sticks to my hand anytime I reach in the tank and brush it accidentally. Heh. What a buddy.

FTS (things have already changed)

4g7lb2t.jpg

That's a "blueberry gorgonian" in the bottom left corner. Trying to see how successful it'll be, since no customer has gotten back to me with either positive, negative, or neutral news, or even any info whatsoever. The books, they've got nothin'. I fed it DT's Oyster Eggs today, and some rotifers. Something spawned after the OE (I went upstairs to put it away, then figured I'd grab some of the Hikari frozen rotifers to try them out). Gorg really liked the rotifers, or maybe the polyps were closing from the thought of being attacked and not sticking to and eating the roti's. Who knows. The thing was polyped out earlier, but now isn't. Lights are still on. I'll check it out tomorrow morning--my room is dark thanks to thick, metal Venetian blinds, and the lights don't come on until 3:30 or so.

I hate that old MaxiJet running the skimmer; it's from the times when they still had that inexplicably-bright blue insignia. Thankfully they've changed it to black, so it blends better with the dark gray housing of the pump, and the rest of the tank, at least a little bit better.

Oh, and I know that fts sucks. That's all you get until I clean the algae, lol.

In the cabinet: big-ass Blueline ballast. I like it, though. Built-in timer works nicely, and the thing fires well. Certainly heavy-duty housing, lol. Note the extreme grittiness of the photo; it's dark down there. The only purpose of this photo, really, is to show the amusingly large and tangled jumble of cords, cables, and of course the whatnot. The inside of the All-Glass brand pine cabinet (real wood on a stock stand, it's amazing, lol) is reinforced with those legs, as well as a platform, because I just don't trust it. HA! Power strip hung on a nail, drip loops on all cords. And they would drip behind the cab, not onto the ballast. ;) Note the endlessly useful turkey baster and quart plastic thing.

4c1m96r.jpg

Oh, yeah, and my boyfriend's cat has TAPEWORMS. YUCK! The thing of pills is like $30, too. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: And I know that both the skimmer and the light are veered slightly to the right. The skimmer is because the fuge had to fit on the left side, and the light is because my boyfriend and I had some disagreements with how to line up the two hooks on the ceiling, and that's our halfway solution. Bah! I'll fix it later. :P

Dang, Flo. You have that thing packed to the brim with coral. I guess that gives me a good idea of what my 26 bow will look like when it's filled.

So the gorg is non-photo, and angry in my clean tank. Will be going to one of my coworkers, who feeds all kinds of stuff (DT's oyster eggs and phyto, cyclopeeze, Ocean Nutrition stuff, mysis, etc etc.). Planning to frag that whitish Alveopora in the bottom right--it's too big and getting attacked by my big frogspawn, anyway, and the latter is one big branch, thus unfraggable. Did spot a tiny bud forming on it last night, though, yay. Not even bb-sized yet.

OT: This is my hedgehog! :wub: Nvm SNL in the bkg.

Squeaky Fromme

You can hear her licking at one point, and the loud hiss/click/snort/grunt noise at the end when she closes up. Hilarious. She's really more friendly than this vid makes it seem, but she was moody at the time.

She's sooo cute! I want to get another one now. My female was a lot better narured than my male hedgie. She actually looked a lot like yours, but had a black and pink nose. I'll see if I can find a picture of her. I didn't have a digital camera back then, but I think I have a print that's scanned.

I got some ######ty shots of Greasy. Watched the b***h-ass female pistol chasing him while snapping his ass repeatedly. I'm sick of them and their rude, snappy ways. Under the advice of Bill Cosby's Fat Albert, I'm going to "snatch [their shrimp-asses] up in a bear trap, and leave 'em hanging from a tree...Nobody would find 'em for days!"

3yfp6rl.jpg

Back views, with hideous flash. He's huge, about an INCH long!!! (Was barely 1/4" when I got him...seriously.)

3599zd3.jpg

2r3fq4n.jpg

I think I'd get rid of the pistols. I like to have peace in my tanks. Not war. :P [/hippy talk]

I wasn't aware that pistols could be mean.

They are the biggest beeches I've known in my tank. Except that spotted grouper... He killed my panther grouper. :cry: But that was another tank, at another time. Larger pistols--I've noticed especially with the bullseyes and the big reds, and to a lesser extent the mottled tan-and-white "tigers"--tend to be quite territorial and even antagonistic toward other animals in the tank. Smaller ones, like the Randall's, or candy-stripe, pistols, tend to be more mild. Not a foolproof plan, though.

Wow. I guess I won't be getting one then. I was wanting one and a watchman goby for a pair but I don't want an agressive shrimp. I don't like having to worry about the inhabitants killing one another.

Get a Randall's ("candy-stripe") pistol; they're tiny & harmless.

Grr, TinyPic has been "all prettied up" but uploads about 80 times slower!!

My pipefish. Got it at one inch long, abruptly grew another inch in one month! Fully grown, it's not a Janss' but an African bluestripe type--Excisus species--but not any I've seen in any book! That includes Helmut Debelius's new Marine Fishes book (giant hardcover thing), Burgess's Atlas, and Debelius's Seahorse and Pipefish book.

2qkm5xl.jpg

Note the shrimp in the background.

3y4te1s.jpg

Closeup.

48dysgm.jpg

Haha, they are cool. Plan on only spotting him about once a month, though--they hide a lot.

awesome stuff!

i would never try a pipefish in my tank though i would love one.

and i decided no more fish that i hardly see in my tank howevermuch i love your goby!

Archived