Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Enough Lighting for a Clam?

kinqcuonq

For future purposes. I have a 10 gallon tank and I am upgrading the lighting soon. I was wondering if I should get a 70 watt halide or a 150 watt halide. Keeping in mind that I want a clam in the future. Would I even be able to support a clam in this tank at all?

EL CHUPACABRA

4x 400w are needed, minimum of 1200w per clam!!! :lol:

You might as well get the 150w, bulbs are pretty much the same cost as well as ballast, and they both us the same mounting fixture. A 150w puts out way better light then 2 70w would. I have 2 70W with 2x36w PC, I am thinking of bumping up to 2 150w or 1 400w. If you are making the investment they are both very similar in cost and you get better light output from 150w for your dollar$$$.

4x 400w are needed, minimum of 1200w per clam!!! :lol:

O cause the damn fish store guy was trying to sell me his clams which were going for like $20 and I said my light is not strong enough. He claims he keeps his clam under the stock lights in his nano and never upgraded lighting for the nano and I don't think those are very strong lights. I was going to question him about that however this is the gangster fish store I visited if you guys ever read about it in my thread. So I smiled and said maybe I'll purchase next time. Gay guy, lucky he's bigger than me with a bunch of tattoos and piercings.

The thing to remember is, can you handle the:

Heat

Exactly, that's why even with about the same amount of cost, I kind of want to get the 70 watt instead of the 150 watt knowing it will boil my 10 gallons.

Archived