Coral Vue Hydros

Tigahboy's Bucket-o-Fish

Tigahboy

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought this small guy from fragpacks back 11-05-04.

1105i.jpg

Here's the same acro (even after being fragged a couple of times) as of today (2-10-05)...

0207a.jpg

Yo homey, wheres the fish at? I feel like I've been suckered by false thread advertising to check out your awesome corals. I feel so abused.

the only reason you have any of those 'rare' corals is to show off...you are trying wayyyy too hard to be reef trendy. loser.

awesome!!!! you should totally change your sig to 'reef trendy'!!!! ....hmmm....maybe i'll make mine say that as well since i don't have a sig.

loving the cali tort too!

Yeah post a pic of the fishes :) That mandarin goby he has is gorgeous, I was fascinated :)...

That green acan is getting fatter...lol, it's looking really good. You know, I actually like that the caulerpa or whatever that macro algae is is creeping from the back, I think it adds nice detail to the rocks the way it "holds" the rocks...maybe you should lessen on the pruning and see how it looks :).

Btw Kevin, about that pink yuma...take a number =P...

jdav - nope, not rich. I just dont spend money on anything else. And most of my recent purchases have been thru local trades/sales from fellow reefers, so less straining on the wallet.

jmt - I don't have a whole lot of LR space towards the top of my tank, and after I got that big blue polyp danae, my free space went out the door. I need to break that big piece in half to free up some space.

yoshiod- lol. change yours to "reef trendy" first and I'll follow...(maybe)

kevin - I'd hate to cut up that large yuma...but maybe one day I'd consider it.

Cesar & Shaz - thanks for the compliments!

rbaby- I can never seem to take a decent pic of the mandarin. actually, I suck at taking fish photos in general, hence the lack of fish specific photos.

but I'm gonna try to take some better pics of the fish when I get back home from school.

You should thin your tank out.

Those SPS being so close together, they won't grow well. And if they start touching, that's when the fun begins.

I know it's not my tank, but in my opinion, you have too many corals as it is. There is really no room that I can see for them to grow out. Just seems like the frags you;re getting will always be just frags.

Originally posted by jmt

Those SPS being so close together, they won't grow well.  And if they start touching, that's when the fun begins.

I know it's not my tank, but in my opinion, you have too many corals as it is.  There is really no room that I can see for them to grow out.  Just seems like the frags you;re getting will always be just frags.

He's got a 67 sitting around waiting to be set up. We should be telling him to quit everything else and just finish setting the damn thing up :P When is the stand due?

No, I know that cucumber...it never moves, everytime I go visit to see the tank the cucumber is reliably in the same spot so I'm familiar that's not macro algae :)...

I was talking about the grape-vine looking things.

And I agree with Vic...get off your butt Tigahboy and set up that bootiful 67 gallon!

Originally posted by jmt

Those SPS being so close together, they won't grow well.  And if they start touching, that's when the fun begins.

I know it's not my tank, but in my opinion, you have too many corals as it is.  There is really no room that I can see for them to grow out.  Just seems like the frags you;re getting will always be just frags.

I completely agree w/ you, jmt. the last thing I want is for them to actually touch each other. I didn't see some of the SPS pieces before I purchased since I got some thru online and they ended up being a lot bigger than I expected. so it is getting VERY close to the point where they could touch each other.

So as Vic noted, I do have the 67g project in the works to help w/ the space issues. I'm waiting for my stand basically - should be done hopefully in a week. Actually, I also have to figure out what kinda sump/fuge I'm gonna use.

But seeing that I don't have too much free time, I'm expecting that the 67g project could take a lot longer to reach completion, so I'm actually trying to sell/trade stuff as we speak to thin out my tank.

By the end of next week, the red/orange monti cap, red monti digi and a big chunk of the blue polyp danae should be out of my tank. The montis will be traded w/ BelowH20 for a blasto head and I'm trying to sell the blue polyp danae...hopefully someone will take the blue polyp danae from me.

I also have the yellow acro, frag of the purple monti cap, and a big frag of the purple digi pending sale.

It should be a lot thinner soon. =)

oh. and I am always willing to trade/sell some of the sps to help thin it out, so if anyone is interested, lmk and I'll tell you what's available.

The red blasto is so pretty. It looks iridescent. And I know what you mean about not spending money on anything else - my hair's grown in about 1/2" of gray now - ahem - but I won't even consider getting it professionally colored ($100+), and I'm even balking at the cost and time of doing it myself lol

Archived