Coral Vue Hydros

M-Tanks?

Idonteatfish

I have come across the Finnex M-Tank, and see it is basically a complete package system similar to the NC.

Does anyone have one of these? I was thinking about the 20G. Would the stock PC lighting it comes with be enough, or is the MH upgrade available worth the extra cost.

Where can you find these to buy, anywhere local in Chicago?

How about online. I've never seen one in person just online, and they all say on back order.

Im looking for a system that I wont have to mod too much.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have come across the Finnex M-Tank, and see it is basically a complete package system similar to the NC.

Does anyone have one of these? I was thinking about the 20G. Would the stock PC lighting it comes with be enough, or is the MH upgrade available worth the extra cost.

How about online. I've never seen one in person just online, and they all say on back order.

I don't have one, but they are great tanks from what I have read on here...

You might contact Finnex to see if they have a CHicago distributor, or contact Chris to see when nanoncustoms will have them back in stock.

Try Matt @ Sho tank he is local. He had one in his shop around 1 year ago.

http://www.shotankaquariums.com/

Fish I remember seeing one at Ocean Design @ Narragansett and Irving Park think it was the 20 gallon.

Where is that in relation to Irving and Lincoln. Im in that area every so often, but dont know the surrounding area well.

Thanks

I would think that the shops mentioned above can order one for you if they do not stock them day to day. I'm sure that at least one shop local to us would be willing to do that. They are nice tanks.... but I am kinda done with the whole acrylic nano thing. Scratches look really bad in a small display.

Agree w/I9. Narragansett is 6400 W.. Lincoln hits Irving at about 2000W.

Just go 5 1/2 miles west young man. It in the strip mall, be sure to glance at Gallery of Hair.

Agree w/I9. Narragansett is 6400 W.. Lincoln hits Irving at about 2000W.

Just go 5 1/2 miles west young man. It in the strip mall, be sure to glance at Gallery of Hair.

Why thankyou sir.

Normally I would never take advice from a, well, for lack of a better term, a Cub Fan.

If you'll excuse me I must go rinse my glasses after looking at your avatar.

In all seriousness, thanks.

I figured a shop could order it up for me, but really wanted to get a good look at one in person before committing to the purchase.

The Acrylic scares me a bit too, but I am a pretty meticulous person, and careful when/where need be.

Did you know that the toothbrush was invented by a Sox fan?

Anyone else it would've named it a teethbrush..........

I never take razzing personally, just nice to see a fellow chi-towner on board even though he's a fan of the amateur league or worse a red bird fan OMG, gasping for air, not working........

Teethbrush.. Wtf? :P (10 min later, and my face lights up as I get it)

Did you know that the toothbrush was invented by a Sox fan?

Anyone else it would've named it a teethbrush..........

I never take razzing personally, just nice to see a fellow chi-towner on board even though he's a fan of the amateur league or worse a red bird fan OMG, gasping for air, not working........

so very true... but.....

LOL..... this could be our year.

..and for the south siders....

256765481_l.jpg

Go cubbies.

man, i can see this is addictive. I am already planning two more tanks. I can see my house now in a year or two...nothing but tanks everywhere.

Q.

My house is pretty dry, and in desparate need of a humidifier. How is this going to play into having a tank?

Better to keep it dry? Or the humidifier will not only help the dryness but help the tank as well?

so very true... but.....

LOL..... this could be our year.

..and for the south siders....

256765481_l.jpg

Go cubbies.

BTW...Tommy's Parents should be arrested, and prosecuted for child abuse!

man, i can see this is addictive. I am already planning two more tanks. I can see my house now in a year or two...nothing but tanks everywhere.

Q.

My house is pretty dry, and in desparate need of a humidifier. How is this going to play into having a tank?

Better to keep it dry? Or the humidifier will not only help the dryness but help the tank as well?

BTW...Tommy's Parents should be arrested, and prosecuted for child abuse!

No Tommy's parents should've been cardinals fans

I D E F: You'll see more evaporation from your tank, which is trickey at first cause of salinty issues. You just have to keep up w/ fw topoffs. If I remember correctly the M-Tank is open topped and the lighting stand is about 4-5"s from the surface, so plenty of opportunity for evap.

Teethbrush.. Wtf? :P (10 min later, and my face lights up as I get it)

We could go on and on all night about sox fans but having to spell out words the way they sound gitz kinda tyring afta awyl.

Congrats to the 05 WS champions, April begins anew and my sense of hope comes back for a month. -_-

We could go on and on all night about sox fans but having to spell out words the way they sound gitz kinda tyring afta awyl.

Congrats to the 05 WS champions, April begins anew and my sense of hope comes back for a month. -_-

I love the Super Bowl for one reason. It tells me Baseball is right around the corner!

Thanks on both counts, evap question and WS champs. It was a long time coming, and it still hasnt sunk in. Just wish my father was still around to see it. It was all he ever dreamed of.

Over the past 3 days, I've had two power outages, thankfully only lasting 30 minutes each. Before that, never one power outage, hopefully was just from the cold and nothing major. But still worries me after all this tank talk. I just couldnt imagine coming home from work to find a frozen block of ice in the winter, or a very expensive boiling stew in the summer.

I do have generators, but they do you no good if you arent home to know the power is out! Never looked into seeing if it is possible to set up the generator to activate on its own during a power outage.

On a side note. My buddy had a mishap with his tank and a power outage. After a few hours of the power being out in his home, it came back on....then a few minutes later his heater exploded inside his tank. Obviously cant be good to have broken bits of glass in there...god knows how small pieces of glass can get, and you can never get it all. Any insight or experience with this kind of problem?

Hi, newbie to the forums here and newbie to nano-reefs. I'm also thinking of getting the 20g M-Tank. Is the wet/dry filtration like the bioballs and rings in the nano cubes, would you want to rip it out or keep the system in this tank?

I D E F: Never had an exploding heater problem. To keep it from happening in the 1st place, the heater should be in the sump area.

Prevention is a hell lot easier in this hobby than solutions. I think Azoo and maybe another company or two make battery backup pumps just to keep the tank oxygen from falling off during power failure.

fllukee: I'm not qualified to give you answer about a true wet/dry filtration system but I can tell you that NC's answer to the wet/dry is lacking one thing...the dry. Thats why the bio-media becomes a potential nitrate factory. Most lfs I've been in run a true wet/dry filter-sump combo which the M-tank seem to have. Dripping water through the "dry" media has many pluses.

Ocean In A Box

Re: the dripping water thru wet & dry ... another benefit is to keep temps down thru that evap.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I enjoy this post...this is my first night here on nano-reef, so, hello.

I just purchased a Finnex M-Tank glass true cube 20g.

I'm in SE Wi area if folks are near or in Chicago-land.

Hope for more pics of M-Tanks as I've seen few, and never any that looked like mine. I've been looking for something like this for months, actually a year or more and now just came across it at my LFS.

Later all -

Re: the dripping water thru wet & dry ... another benefit is to keep temps down thru that evap.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I enjoy this post...this is my first night here on nano-reef, so, hello.

I just purchased a Finnex M-Tank glass true cube 20g.

I'm in SE Wi area if folks are near or in Chicago-land.

Hope for more pics of M-Tanks as I've seen few, and never any that looked like mine. I've been looking for something like this for months, actually a year or more and now just came across it at my LFS.

Later all -

Post a pic of your's and welcome. OT- I think that brew crew is a season away from being a legit team, if you are a fan.

I have a 32g m-tank and I really like it so far. Much simpler than a sump and I think it has a nice look as well. You can check out my thread or better yet, check out Koden's 32g m-tank thread- very well done...

Oh, I ordered mine from Premium Aquatics...

Archived