Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

For NYC Reefers affected by Sandy I can hold livestock/make water...

MeanGreenEyes

MeanGreenEyes

Anyone located in NYC that was affected by Hurricane Sandy...I never lost power...so my tanks are up and running uninterrupted and I would like to help other local reefers. I am located in Brooklyn (E. Williamsburg) have 2-30g tanks holding nothing but a few frags/chaeto plumbed into my 40B & Sump, as well as my daughter's 5.5g and a 10g QT...can hold livestock for anyone that needs help and also have the BRS 5 stage RODI w/ all the bells and whistles (including booster pump)...so I can make water for anyone that needs some...don't have a car...but if you can get to me...I'm more than willing to help anyone any way that I can...just need a new sediment filter...can give someone the $3 for one...just want to help anyway that I can...

Just trying to get the word out since so many have lost so much in this storm...so that you don't have to give up on your reefs...pm me and I will respond with my number so we can go from there...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MeanGreenEyes
:wub:

Thanks Kat! Didn't get a e-mail notification even though box is checked...don't know what it is about NR but I almost never get them...so will keep thread up and refresh once in a while

...please help me keep this thread bumped so that other locals can see this...

MeanGreenEyes
Bump

Thank you very much, danimal1211!

There are a lot of people that are either flooded/without power/both still here in NY...I would love to help them...please help put the word out...

All of my local reefer friend's have power...trying to reach other's...

That is a very generous thing you are doing. I live in TX but I understand the hurricane is causing tons of damage. I hope you do reach some people and it's good to see there are still good people out there willing to help others in need. I don't know if you will reach many seeing that there is no power and i'm sure getting online is the least of people's concern but hopefully somehow you will get replies. Good luck :)

MeanGreenEyes
That is a very generous thing you are doing. I live in TX but I understand the hurricane is causing tons of damage. I hope you do reach some people and it's good to see there are still good people out there willing to help others in need. I don't know if you will reach many seeing that there is no power and i'm sure getting online is the least of people's concern but hopefully somehow you will get replies. Good luck :)

Thank you MatthewStarr! It's really nothing...I just really love this hobby and hate the idea of livestock dying and people throwing in the towel on the hobby...so if I'm able to hold livestock for at least 1 reefer...at least some lives will be saved...

You never know...I've seen a few people reaching out on other forums for friend's without power...it's worth a try...maybe they're on the last leg of power on their cell phone...gotta try for them! Fingers crossed :)

MeanGreenEyes

Thank you everyone! It's time we all come together for these reefers...just think...if you were at the other end of this how you would feel...which is another reason I'm reaching out...let's keep this at the top!

Heard back from the person...they're bringing their pico tomorrow...so this will help at least 1 and I have plenty of room!

MeanGreenEyes

Just to update everyone...I've now got a second local reefer coming over to hold livestock tomorrow! I'm so happy that this is actually reaching people...being able to help is a really great feeling! :wub:

That is soooooo cool of you!!!

.....back to the top!

Thank you Spirofucci!

beyondtheblue

Awesome indeed...hopefully some might see this message via a laptop or from another location because if they are without power...they probably wont see this thread. I agree...it does suck to lose livestock and such and not to mention the loss of life from this tremendous storm.

Not to jack the thread, but I'd be willing to donate frags to some of those that have had, or may still have their tank crash due to the storm.

Very cool of the op to be so wiloing to help!

MeanGreenEyes
Bump!!!!

So awesome :happy:

Thanks Gena!

Bump :D

Thanks Julian_blnc!

Awesome indeed...hopefully some might see this message via a laptop or from another location because if they are without power...they probably wont see this thread. I agree...it does suck to lose livestock and such and not to mention the loss of life from this tremendous storm.

Thanks beyondtheblue! That's exactly what I'm hoping! The third reefer has no phone service...there's no cell service in certain areas...so he saw my thread on a laptop...gave him my phone and email and he's gonna contact me tomorrow if I can help...if there's a will there's a way...trying to keep hope alive for these reefers...

Not to jack the thread, but I'd be willing to donate frags to some of those that have had, or may still have their tank crash due to the storm.

Very cool of the op to be so wiloing to help!

Not jacking at all...that's an amazing gesture and I'm sure these guys will need all the help they can get so let's look out for them as a community...there's a local forum full of other reefers that are trying to step up for them as well...so it's not just me...would rather them worry about their family and homes before their livestock...

Like I said...If I was in their shoes and could possibly lose livestock...I would hope that someone would step up and lend a hand as well...people helped me when I first got into the hobby and just trying to pay it forward...

Have a few corals that I could donate as well...

MeanGreenEyes
Keep going strong you guys up in the east!

bump!

Bump, Really great of you to help out!

Thanks for the support guys...wish I had a car to be able to reach more of these guys...have a friend on SI with a 500g reef running on a generator but he is staying positive...there are so many people without power/food and even lost entire homes...the devastation is insane...there are so many ready to give up on the hobby and they are too far from me to help. So seriously...if you are in Long Island, Staten Island or Jersey and have power and space...please help these guys hold livestock...make them water or a shout of support...not every reefer is experienced enough to know what to do in these situations as well...so advice to the newbs would also go a long way...

MeanGreenEyes

Someone is bringing by a new sediment filter for my rodi filter...so I no longer need one...all other cartridges are a month old...as well as di resin...

Up to the top with this thread...help me keep it there...these guys need our help!!

MeanGreenEyes
Great thread! What a wonderfull gesture and awesome thing your doing for fellow reefers!

Thank you ziareefer! Just saw your thread on donating equipment...so same to you as well...

Archived