Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

For NYC Reefers affected by Sandy I can hold livestock/make water...

MeanGreenEyes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MeanGreenEyes
RMS and insomnia BUMP from the north Bay Area.... Kep going strong east coast don't loose hope.

Thank you gonzalez78!

I lost my tank at home :(

Oh no...I'm so sorry to hear! Are you local to me? If so maybe we can get you back up and running...

First off let me start by saying what a truly amazing gesture. I'm in North/eastern Ct and wasn't personally affected too much other then the loss of a protein skimmer and a doser/auto top off due to a power surge. If anyone is affected in my area, or if i could help in any way answer questions or if your tank dropped maybe i can help get it back up and running. Kudos to the community! Way to stay strong in spite of disaster.

^Edited because i finally realized why my equip wasn't working. First time i'd tried after the storm. Q.Q Damn you sandyyyyyy

MeanGreenEyes
First off let me start by saying what a truly amazing gesture. I'm in North/eastern Ct and wasn't affected too heavily where i am. If anyone is affected, or if i could help in any way answer questions or if your tank dropped maybe i can help get it back up and running. Kudos to the community! Way to stay strong in spite of disaster.

Thank you for offering help! Let's hope they see this...

Also, happy to hear that you made it through the storm ok and I hope that you can get that equipment replaced asap...if I had spares...I would donate to you... :(

Bump. It sure is a awesome thing you are doing by helping people out in this tough time. I wish more people were like you. Keep up the great work :bowdown:

MeanGreenEyes
Bump. It sure is a awesome thing you are doing by helping people out in this tough time. I wish more people were like you. Keep up the great work :bowdown:

Thank you Jneighbors...it's really nothing...just heard of a few more people that completely lost tanks and are bowing out of the hobby. :( It's really about the creatures that are suffering and dying...

i am located in staten island and i have had my power restored my tank is back running and stable !

i am more than happy to help any one nearby because i know gas is almost impossible to get right now so its hard to travel to bring your livestock to someone in another borough ect.

i only have a 20g long tank but i can hold many corals until needed !

to the OP if you know anyone who was on staten island or nearby new jersey that needed help please let me know i will try and do anything i can. i will hold as much livestock as i can until people can get thier tanks up and running, i dont have too many corals now but if i am able to frag them i will try and make some frags to help the rebuild for these people !

i hope everyone is safe and healthy and hopefully this community can help other keep our beautiful pieces of the ocean up and running for many years to come !

i also have a small power inverter which is what i used to keep my reef alive, its only a 150w inverter but for a small tank you can run one 100W heater and a powerhead both of which i have an extra of, so if someone has a car and a small tank 30 gallons or less, i will gladly lend you these items it kept my tank alive to 2 days !

Thank you gonzalez78!

You're welcome.... Bump to the top.

Luis

Oh no...I'm so sorry to hear! Are you local to me? If so maybe we can get you back up and running...

WHat a trooper!!! I was untouched, but nice to know there are helping hands reaching out. DO you have room for my 30 inch Gigas clam ?? kiddingggggg... :D

if anyone is close to Babylon Long island and could hold some corals for me let me know.it may be too late though

I can if you want to bring them to me. I have an empty 55 if anyone needs help. Im in midtown Manhattan.

WHat a trooper!!! I was untouched, but nice to know there are helping hands reaching out. DO you have room for my 30 inch Gigas clam ?? kiddingggggg... :D

I can if you want to bring them to me. I have an empty 55 if anyone needs help. Im in midtown Manhattan.

appreciate it but getting to the city is CRAZY right now. As upset as i am about my reef tank going down im grateful thats all im losing. People have lost everything

MeanGreenEyes

I never heard back from any of the 3 reefers that I was supposed to hold livestock for...they all had my cell number...so hopefully they regained power...I will text/pm them in the morning to follow up...hopefully it'll be good news. So can we keep this thread going...I've yet to be able to help anyone...there is a shortage of gas across the area...so between that and distance...it sucks. Let's continue to push forward in trying to reach these reefers!

i am located in staten island and i have had my power restored my tank is back running and stable !

i am more than happy to help any one nearby because i know gas is almost impossible to get right now so its hard to travel to bring your livestock to someone in another borough ect.

to the OP if you know anyone who was on staten island or nearby new jersey that needed help please let me know i will try and do anything i can. i will hold as much livestock as i can until people can get thier tanks up and running, i dont have too many corals now but if i am able to frag them i will try and make some frags to help the rebuild for these people !

i hope everyone is safe and healthy and hopefully this community can help other keep our beautiful pieces of the ocean up and running for many years to come !

i also have a small power inverter which is what i used to keep my reef alive, its only a 150w inverter but for a small tank you can run one 100W heater and a powerhead both of which i have an extra of, so if someone has a car and a small tank 30 gallons or less, i will gladly lend you these items it kept my tank alive to 2 days !

Thank you for the offer! The few reefers that I have been in contact with in those areas have either had power regained, tanks crash or are running generators and are trying to hold out. A lot obviously don't have power, phones, internet access...but I'm holding out hope that maybe a friend/relative will see that others are willing to help and spread the word...

if anyone is close to Babylon Long island and could hold some corals for me let me know.it may be too late though

Sorry...idk of anyone yet...will pm you my number if there's any chance you can get to me...no one has brought anything to me yet...I have about 75g worth of tank space to hold livestock.

Glad to hear you made it through unscathed...well I have two empty 30g tanks...lmao...so the clam may fit in the tank but won't be able to open...

I'll keep you in mind if I hear of anyone in your area/that can get to you that needs help...

Wow my faith in humanity is restored! That is so kind of you to help others who are in need! :)

Thank you! There are people dumpster diving for food here for food that was thrown out from grocery stores and is possibly contaminated by flood waters and they're happy about getting it...bragging about it even...it's that bad...they had it all over the news today...just trying to do what I can to help...

That's very cool! W-

Thank you!

appreciate it but getting to the city is CRAZY right now. As upset as i am about my reef tank going down im grateful thats all im losing. People have lost everything

Well if you can get to Brooklyn...I don't care what time of day or night it is...if you can get to Williamsburg...shoot me a pm and I'll give you my number to help you out...let's turn this around so you don't lose everything...I'm absolutely here to help you. If I had a car I'd meet you, but I don't...I'm sorry. lmk if I can help!

Great to see someone willing to help out in others time of need!

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

bump for a great person. maybe you can post a few pics of what your housing for people...

I never heard back from anyone...phone's been on all day...have been home all day waiting to hear back from them...so I hope their tanks are ok and that they have regained power. If I do end up holding anything...I mean I guess if it was ok with the reefer...even though I'm not sure posting pics of peoples livestock in the middle of a disaster would be a proper statement...we'll see on this one...I mean no disrespect...

This is awesome.

Thank you!

MeanGreenEyes

I need you! I just found someone in Jersey that needs help...pm'ing you now! We may be able to help someone after all!

I need you! I just found someone in Jersey that needs help...pm'ing you now! We may be able to help someone after all!

Just tagging on this thread. I'm in Toms River, S. Jersey. I made a thread also offering help. Right now I have my macro tank full of a local reefers corals, but I do have a 20 long that could be set up for anyone else who may need. I can put sps in my display to keep them under strong lighting.

Also, if anyone has a nano that they want to just bring over to a place with power, you are welcome to our outlets and I will be happy to care for them as long as you need me to.

What a great thread! kudos to all trying to reach out and help others... lost power in Staten Island and spent the whole time trying to maintain my tank continuosly doing water changes with warmer water and creating a make shift air pump from an internal air mattress pump. Got power back and I am currently holding another reefers stock, he's losing pretty much all of his SPS but its a lot better then losing everything. Wish the frag swap was still on for this weekend because I think some fellow reefers will need new stock and a some motivation to stay in the hobby.

MeanGreenEyes
Just tagging on this thread. I'm in Toms River, S. Jersey. I made a thread also offering help. Right now I have my macro tank full of a local reefers corals, but I do have a 20 long that could be set up for anyone else who may need. I can put sps in my display to keep them under strong lighting.

Also, if anyone has a nano that they want to just bring over to a place with power, you are welcome to our outlets and I will be happy to care for them as long as you need me to.

Thank you so much for reaching out to reefers in your area!!! If I hear of anyone I will send them your way...responded to your pm as well.

Still having a hard time reaching people...

MeanGreenEyes
What a great thread! kudos to all trying to reach out and help others... lost power in Staten Island and spent the whole time trying to maintain my tank continuosly doing water changes with warmer water and creating a make shift air pump from an internal air mattress pump. Got power back and I am currently holding another reefers stock, he's losing pretty much all of his SPS but its a lot better then losing everything. Wish the frag swap was still on for this weekend because I think some fellow reefers will need new stock and a some motivation to stay in the hobby.

Hi sjacobson! I'm so glad to hear that you have power back and were able to help another reefer! Thank you! There is another frag swap at Pratt U in Brooklyn on Nov. 18th...if you want details...lmk. I'm also willing to frag anything I have and donate frags I have already cut for free to any local reefers wiped out by the storm...there are also several others offering to help. Pm me and we can go from there...tell them to check my thread and lmk what they want frags of...I don't have much...but we will find a way to make things better for them. :) If there's anything that I can help you with or if you know anyone in my area lmk!

MeanGreenEyes

There is a reefer in Freeport, LI that desperately needs help...he has no power and has already lost a large amount of livestock...if you are in the area and can help...please pm me! He was desperate to the point that he was going to try to bring livestock all the way to me...but with the gas shortages it's just not possible...help...help...help!! :scarry::(:tears::scarry:

Archived