Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

For NYC Reefers affected by Sandy I can hold livestock/make water...

MeanGreenEyes

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope all these people are getting power back i know alot of staten island has gotten power back but still not all, if any one knows of someone nearby that needs help i will try my best to do what i can , the OP had someone in jersey who needed help unfortunatly neither of us could help him because he lived too far i didnt have enough gas to reach him but hopefully gas will start rolling through quick ! if theres anyone left that needs help please contact us, im generally up pretty late and willing to help during the day ive been quite busy helping family and freinds clean out and restore thier homes !

any one who does have power and is home and happy and healthy please go out and lending a helping hand to the NYC community, i have not seen other broroughs but many on staten island are left without homes and many lives were taken we are in need ! please be generous to others and one day they will be generous to you !

MeanGreenEyes
i hope all these people are getting power back i know alot of staten island has gotten power back but still not all, if any one knows of someone nearby that needs help i will try my best to do what i can , the OP had someone in jersey who needed help unfortunatly neither of us could help him because he lived too far i didnt have enough gas to reach him but hopefully gas will start rolling through quick ! if theres anyone left that needs help please contact us, im generally up pretty late and willing to help during the day ive been quite busy helping family and freinds clean out and restore thier homes !

any one who does have power and is home and happy and healthy please go out and lending a helping hand to the NYC community, i have not seen other broroughs but many on staten island are left without homes and many lives were taken we are in need ! please be generous to others and one day they will be generous to you !

Thank you for helping out! I wish I were closer...I could pass out some cooked meals...

MeanGreenEyes

Still working hard on this and I'm seeing a lot of offers of donations to these affected reefers from everywhere...trying to figure out a way to get together 1 solidified inter forum donation system so that people are unable to hit up every offer and take advantage while leaving others in need left out. There are a lot "old head" local reefers that know the who's who in the hobby about who was affected b/c there's also concern with the frauds trying to take advantage. There are also several vendors offering to donate frags...so if anyone has any suggestions about how to setup 1 large inter forum donation system so people's kindness isn't being taken advantage of...please lmk...

Not to jack the thread, but I'd be willing to donate frags to some of those that have had, or may still have their tank crash due to the storm.

Very cool of the op to be so wiloing to help!

Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to retract my previous offer. Since posting I've received many pm's from people claiming that their tanks crashed and livestock was lost due to Sandy. They then proceed to ask for free frags. IME if a tank crashes they typically aren't ready to be restocked a week later. I think its not only unfortunate that some would try to pull a scam in times like these, but also rather pathetic.

Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to retract my previous offer. Since posting I've received many pm's from people claiming that their tanks crashed and livestock was lost due to Sandy. They then proceed to ask for free frags. IME if a tank crashes they typically aren't ready to be restocked a week later. I think its not only unfortunate that some would try to pull a scam in times like these, but also rather pathetic.

^^^^^^^ i noticed on reef2reef forum i think it was they had donation packages , but they would only allow people to enter the drawing if pictures were posted of the lost tank ! not a bad idea make people take a picture with a piece of paper with their forum name on it in front of thier tank before you even consider sending anything to them

MeanGreenEyes

I sincerely apologize for the a$$clowns that tried to take advantage of your kindness and exactly why I made the suggestion above about having a local well respected reefer coordinate donations for reefers that legitimately lost their tanks b/c people pretty much know most of the other local reefers. If you would like to be in on something like that I'm trying to figure out a way to make that work, please pm me and I will put you in touch with those people. I'm not the type of person who would ever take advantage of someone like that and I'm really pissed off right now that someone even tried to do that to you! I think that you're an amazing person to have offered from the get go...

^^^^^^^ i noticed on reef2reef forum i think it was they had donation packages , but they would only allow people to enter the drawing if pictures were posted of the lost tank ! not a bad idea make people take a picture with a piece of paper with their forum name on it in front of thier tank before you even consider sending anything to them

This is why I also made the above suggestion on MR and RC...I'm really upset...smh

Here's the posts...

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/genera...anks-sandy.html

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2229522

Archived