Top Shelf Aquatics

XBOX 360 Pico-Reef (0.45 gallons)

SpencerShepard

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whaaaaaaa?!?!?!?!?! As crazy and insane as that looks, I actually believe it's legit! Don't think I would ever want to own it, but it still looks amazing!

That'd probably be the coolest tank I've ever seen if the 360 actually runs (I'm assuming it doesnt?). But either way, VERY nice job on that...looks really clean.

SpencerShepard

092.JPG

Filtration is an external Eheim canister filter that's been adapted to 1/4" hose. The intake and output are against the front glass in the corners of the tank, just out of view. The corals are attached to the background, which is a piece of acrylic and a lot of epoxy. There is a slot at the back of the tank that the background slides in and out of. It took a bit of planning, but it's really a pretty simple design.

I have some questions.

the substrate the coral is on implies heavy coralline growth or is it painted/textured to look like coralline.

how is it the front glass has no growth in the corners of any type. if the tank is newly setup and the backround painted to look like coralline, what care method that is being ran on the tank. partial water changes, what salt mix etc?

how do you feed it, and how long has it been running?

can we see a pic of the tank not surrounded by darkness but just brightly out in the room, to see what cords come out of it and how they interface with the tank>

the pics are shockingly cool I want to dig at the biology. really cool setup.

also how are you topping off, how often

I have some questions.

the substrate the coral is on implies heavy coralline growth or is it painted/textured to look like coralline.

how is it the front glass has no growth in the corners of any type. if the tank is newly setup and the backround painted to look like coralline, what care method that is being ran on the tank. partial water changes, what salt mix etc?

how do you feed it, and how long has it been running?

can we see a pic of the tank not surrounded by darkness but just brightly out in the room, to see what cords come out of it and how they interface with the tank>

the pics are shockingly cool I want to dig at the biology. really cool setup.

also how are you topping off, how often

+1 and also how old is the tank?

Genix you make me scratch my head. You've been on here long enough to know your pics would be like a rock show but you didn't hang around to meet and greet

posts like this make us infer you are awaiting our every question with a type response ready. I think if I have to wait 5 more mins for your reply I'll consider my instantgratification bone not tickled.

if thats faux coralline its the best Ive ever seen. beats the hades out of having to dose to get the same look waiting about two years to get that solid coverage. it would imply the corals haven't been fastened to the board as long, those shapes would change in 18 mos much past the original scaping of the tank.

it is a smashing good idea for being able to keep a system clean and fastening those corals in a neat neat way it just looks amazing. the wall look has always been my fav. we want this to be real its super good. your website sure made it look legit, you must feed the masses knowledge or a revolt is pending.

Archived