Coral Vue Hydros

AIO Pico without Conflict

Doc Frye

The Tank – we all know them and love them, right? Built by Eric. This one has the Raised Baffle for my Media Rack (built with Egg Crate Light Diffuser Zip-Tied together and painted black with Krylon.) I am currently running The Incomparable Poly-Filter on top – Purigen in the middle – and Chemi-Pure Elite on the bottom.

Current FTS for Oct 5th

PicoLive026.jpg

The Light – 70 watt MH with 20K bulb from FishNeedIt.com

Timer

The Return Pump - Maxi-Jet 900 with Dual Lock-Line Return

The Chiller – Nova Tec Ice Probe Chiller installed through a hole in the back wall near the return pump controlled by the Nova Tec 65FADJ Proportional Temperature Controller combined with…..

The Heater – Theo Hydor 50 watt. Combined use of Chiller, PTC, and Heater keep my temps stable between 77.5 and 79 degrees day and night.

The ATO - DIY with two float switches and a lot of airline tubing using Aqualifter to move water up from reservoir into back of tank. This thing is so sensitive, that if I remove 1/8th of a cup of water from the display, it will kick on. My rear-chamber water level has not visibly moved at all since installing.

The Thermometer – Cheapie Coralife Digital

The Mag-Float – I am currently using the smallest Mag-Float for acrylic. I spray painted both halves black with Krylon.

The Stand – Custom Built, all oak 12” by 12” by 9” tall pedestal (same dimensions as tank) with 14” by 14” top and bottom flushed out with trim. Stained first with Ebony and then a deep brown. Applied 3 coats of poly and 2 of wax.

Livestock consists of various zoas and palys, one small mili, one small monti, 1.5 inch maxima clam, 6 sexy shrimp, 2 blood-red or fire shrimp. Snails from reefcleaners are here.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I have my stand complete, all my equipment except the tank, and 90% of my livestock. Picked up the zoa/paly load today and am incredibly delighted. I figure it is about time to share some pictures with all of you, but am computer illiterate and need a little guidance. Could someone shoot me a link with SIMPLE, Idiot-proof instructions about how to get pictures hosted and posted? Sorry and thank you at the same time.

103_0007.jpg

David

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I have my stand complete, all my equipment except the tank, and 90% of my livestock. Picked up the zoa/paly load today and am incredibly delighted. I figure it is about time to share some pictures with all of you, but am computer illiterate and need a little guidance. Could someone shoot me a link with SIMPLE, Idiot-proof instructions about how to get pictures hosted and posted? Sorry and thank you at the same time.

David

Hello where are the pictures......???? :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

hey doc where is the pics bro? if you didn't figure out how to put them PM me and i can walk you through it as well as a free hosting site etc...

I am not extremely computer literate. I am proud that I figured out how to change my avatar. I still have a while to figure out this photo posting thing. I may give it a try this afternoon.

Added my acrylic top and DIY automatic top-off wired with two float switches and an aqualifter. Tested the top-off, and it works flawlessly.

Has anyone else measured their tanks? Mine does not have a 12" by !2" footprint. Mine is 11.75" by 11.75" by 9.4".

I have no room for my skimmer. I am fine with that, as it has been pulling thick gunk out of my frag tank for the last month.

Yes I noticed the measurements were off of what we were told. I didn't want to change my avatar so I didn't say anything..... :D:D:D By the way your not evil just stating the facts.

On a lighter note I just had my first tadpole loose its tail completely today. the other 2 popped their front legs and died 2 day later.

Sweet Jesus Doc it looks GR88888888888. Glad there was not a hardware limit.LOL Glad to see you finally got your tank.

looks great!

i didn't know u where an actual doctor! :o

He isn't it is a moc up in his basement.

"Glad there was not a hardware limit.LOL "

there is for me 100.00 and im done!

"He isn't it is a moc up in his basement."

i knew it!

i would STRONGLY recommend a backup switch for that ATO. i have the same brand, but with the second switch, and the baby stomatellas that were able to make it through the snail guard on numerous occasions made that backup switch a lifesaver.

setup looks good though, can't wait to see livestock in it :)

Archived