SaltCritters.com

A.F.S. The unofficial trade thread

Psychosis

So, I was browsing throught the livestock section, as I'm sure many of you do from time to time. I started thinking about what people are doing with the money they get from selling frags. I don't know about all of you, but it's likely I'm going to turn around and spend the money on more coral.

After a nearly successful frag swap with Jacobnano (I still need to frag my sun coral) I figured I'd try and get other people involved. Thus far, tradeing is a great way to get some variety in your tank.

This thread is sort of inspired by the R.O.A.K. thread (I reccomend you check that out as well) with a few needed modifications.

Instead of simply claiming items, it is required that you first contact the owner with your prospective trade. People have every right to refuse, and it is asked that you don't pester any one if they decline.

Other than that, it should be preety obvious how this thread is going to work (hopefully.) Post what you'd like to trade, preferably with pictures. The size of the frag/number of polyps/any issues with the frag itself should also be included.

This thread is geared more towards frags, but if you'd like to trade a colony of some sort or a large coral you're more than welcome.

To ensure everything goes smoothly, it is probably best for each individual trader to ship the items at roughly the same time, and probably with the same method of shipping. How ever, that is a decision entirely left to both parties, and it is asked that you thoroughly discuss the trade beofore any one ships.

I will be updateing the "master list" so everyone knows what is still available.

This should be a lot of fun, and a great oppurtunity to get some new stuff. Happy tradeing everyone, feel free to pm me with questions or issues.

CURRENT MASTER LIST:

SBcaes: Star Grass

octoberfest: Irish Moss, Codium

divecj5: AOG's, RPE's, Acro Vermiculata

wljimbo: Orange Zoanthids, steele blue ricordia, sun coral head

Jacobnano: Rhodactis mushroom, Zoanthid, Chaetomorpha

mnherper: Chalice's and a Blasto frag, SPS frag

xiongaquatics:Large variety, check site

Jerfrog: Green striped mushroom rock, Zoanthid Colonies

cloons411:Orange Digi, Paly's and Zoa's.

Atlantis Reef: Superman/rhodactis mushrooms, Frogspawn, Ricordia, Green Monti Cap, Zoa's

Once again, please post if an item is no longer available.

If there is any thing or any one I forgot to add, please send me a PM.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have these mushrooms available in about a month probably so keep your eyes out haha. I don't know how many depends on if I feed them or not and if they want to split.

img4309t.jpg

octoberfest

I just trimmed back my Irish Moss and instead of tossing it like I normally do I rubber banned it to some large shell fragments. Eventually it will take hold and the rubber band can be removed.

In case you don't know what it is here is a little bit of info on it followed up by a a few pictures.

Its a flat wide type of macro that has a bright purplish red color to it. It grows in what I call stacks, in the that the "leaves" grow in rows next to each other. It grows well but not fast enough where its invasive. I trim mine back about once a month and the only place its growing is where I put it. Currently I have mine in a biocube 29 with a Sunpod 150W metal halide fixture and its getting medium flow. I did have some in a 72 gallon tank with power compacts but a yellow tangs destroyed it in days before I ever got to see what it would do as far as growth. When you first get it the ends will look all uneven, but as it grows they will even out until it grows in a ball shape. I had a problem with slime on my glass, needing to be scraped once ever 2 to 3 days, when I added this it went to once every week or so, i'm assuming it did a good job of pulling the phosphates but I'm not 100% sure on that.

This is the one I had in my 72 gallon tank. The tips were orange but that could have been where the Yellow tang started to nip at it. This was under PC lighting.

newmacro3.jpg

Same one under actinics

Macro2.jpg

Under Metal Halides only, 150W 14K with no actinics

IrishMoss.jpg

Full shot of my tank with it so you can compare colors to other corals. Its the red "ball" on the left side.

SixMonths.jpg

Thats neat stuff. And moto its whatever you got I am looking for SPS, zoa and LPS. I know my mushroom isn't worth an acan colony lol but if you want to trade for something feel free.

octoberfest

Also have Codium, or Dead Man's Finger macro. Its a deep green and grows out like fingers. The "frags" have been rubber banned to shell fragments as I've had better luck with this than super glue.

Here is a picture of one of the actual frags, its about 3" high and 2.5" wide

octoberfest
I assume you are uploading the pic now?

Not sure what happened, here is a picture of the Codium

newcorals018.jpg

Also have Codium, or Dead Man's Finger macro. Its a deep green and grows out like fingers. The "frags" have been rubber banned to shell fragments as I've had better luck with this than super glue.

Here is a picture of one of the actual frags, its about 3" high and 2.5" wide

what are you looking trade for?

Have some AOGs, RPEs, and Green Acro Vermiculata to trade.

2-3 polyps of each and a small inch frag of the Acro.

AOGs

_MG_0517_web.jpg

RPEs

_MG_0519_web.jpg

Acro (mother colony)

_MG_0638_web.jpg

octoberfest

I'm open to almost anything. It would be easier for me to tell you what I don't want...mainly because I have it in my tank already so here's the list.

Kenya Trees

Anthelia

Pinkish Brown Zoas and Paly's

Green Star Polyps

and anything brownish, other than that just let me know what you have in mind.

I'm open to almost anything. It would be easier for me to tell you what I don't want...mainly because I have it in my tank already so here's the list.

Kenya Trees

Anthelia

Pinkish Brown Zoas and Paly's

Green Star Polyps

and anything brownish, other than that just let me know what you have in mind.

check out my sale thread and pm me if there anything you want.

xiongaquatics

i have a lot of zoa on my site at www.xiongaquatics.com. i like to trade for anything that i dont have on the site.

i have a lot of zoa on my site at www.xiongaquatics.com. i like to trade for anything that i dont have on the site.

my stufftell me if there any thing you like.

I have some mangrove seedlings, with roots and leaves already developed.

Would like to trade for macroalgaes for my Display Refugium, but will consider other softies.

IMG_3942.jpg

Heres a few pics of the zoa I have. I don't know what they are called but they look pretty cool. If they have no name than they are called Jacob's uber awesome zoa.

dscf4001q.jpg

dscf4002r.jpg

dscf4003.jpg

I have a mushroom rock with about 8 green striped mushrooms on it. the rock is about 4x4 and ill try to get some pics of it.

Would like to trade it for a Ricordea

xiongaquatics

i got one ricordea i can trade. i like to trade for something nice and colorful.

the ricordea come from the same colony of the one in the picture.

yellowrics.jpg?t=1245545003

Archived