Coral Vue Hydros

Pickles BC29

Pickle010

First off - I really want to thank everyone here for the information and expertise you all have made available. It's really made the transition from FO and FW to Reef much smoother then it would have been without your help and guidance.

So here is where I am so far with my BC29:

2007-1.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P10100171.jpg

P1010006.jpg

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fraggle rockette

oh pickle that's pretty... how long has your tank been up? is that a gramma and what else? i think i see two fishies... looking good so far!!! :D

Thanks...

Yes... two fishies... a Gramma and a Saddle Clown whichs hosts my RBTA. I set up the tank just after Thanksgiving and added CUC upon returning from a Disneyworld trip with my family in January. A couple of weeks after I started adding one or two pieces per week. At first I just thought it seemed empty and I was getting anything that caught my eye at the LFS that I knew would do well in my tank. I've slowed down a lot now and I've become much more selective. Luckily, I've made some great finds on here from guys like StanD and at some of the LFS like Coral Oasis in Irvine.

nice setup dood! i just discovered coral oasis a few weeks back. they definitely have some great finds from time to time.

I got the zoo's in the last two pics there... they where too cheap to pass up. the frags where so large that I fragged each one into 3 frags and shared them with some of my friends.

The other day I came across a really cool green shroom in the $5 tank. So I took it.. there was a second one on the bottom of the rock that was a little torn up from the grate... but it's healing nicely - looks like it's was a good score as well. I'll post some picks of it later on.

nice bta- does your saddle host it?

Yes... he sure does... I can watch him for days...

When I first brought the BTA home I had a feeding wand I would use to bring down the krill or silversides to him. Then after adding the Clown it would grab the krill off the wand and rush down to the BTA. Now I just open the lid and toss in whatever I'm feeding him and the clown does the rest.

I'm sure if my gramma sits still too long the clowns going to drag him over for a meal.

Very nice tank Pickle, keep up the good work with it! And if you haven't heard about it already, consider checking out the So. Cali frag meet/swap this sunday at Pacific Reef in Torrance. B)

Very nice tank Pickle, keep up the good work with it! And if you haven't heard about it already, consider checking out the So. Cali frag meet/swap this sunday at Pacific Reef in Torrance. B)

Yeah... I really hope to get out there.. If nothing else just to put a face with the names on the board here. (That and I have a crush on Fraggle - don't tell my wife)

seriously... this one will be cool.. but I'm really looking foward to go to one with something to contribute... this time next year.. I'll be ready.

Sweet! Gorgeous arrangement and very nice selections!

--Diane

Thanks Diane.. I took a long shot and ordered some frags from Florida.. should have them by the weekend. (My new found reefing addiction has taken me out of the state) I'll put up some new pics after.

Yeah... I really hope to get out there.. If nothing else just to put a face with the names on the board here. (That and I have a crush on Fraggle - don't tell my wife)

seriously... this one will be cool.. but I'm really looking foward to go to one with something to contribute... this time next year.. I'll be ready.

I think we all do. ;)

Yeah don't sweat it if you don't have frags to bring along. The main purpose of the meet is just that, to meet and greet our fellow reefers, and possibly offer something for trade or sale to us local reefers as well. B)

I think we all do. ;)

Yeah don't sweat it if you don't have frags to bring along. The main purpose of the meet is just that, to meet and greet our fellow reefers, and possibly offer something for trade or sale to us local reefers as well. B)

Awesome...

Here's a couple of recent additions I found...

P10100052.jpg

This one was two-for-one - One was stuck to the bottom of the rock.. I't looks like it's going to heal nicely...

P10100062.jpg

And this one - I just dug the colors. I'm not sure about the white stuff around the mouth... but I'll watch it closely...

P10100072.jpg

The middle one I have the SAME thing of, same color too!! It was sold to me as a "Pacific Yuma" which apparently lacks the brilliant colors that Florida ones have. It also hade a much cheaper price than a Florida yuma too which was a bonus. Mine seems to morph into a dark green color sometimes...

The middle one I have the SAME thing of, same color too!! It was sold to me as a "Pacific Yuma" which apparently lacks the brilliant colors that Florida ones have. It also hade a much cheaper price than a Florida yuma too which was a bonus. Mine seems to morph into a dark green color sometimes...

I found mine in the $10 bin - when I told them I wanted it the guy was suprised to see the munched up one on the back. The one in the pic is the one that was munched. looked like it was slit from the mouth but not all the way to the side.

I was contemplating propagating it... but figured I'd see if it got healthy on it's own first. You can see by the pic which was after 5 or 6 hours in my tank that it looks pretty good. The detail is cool and it one those greens that glows under the blue light.

I think this is it... found it at live aquaria... I think I did good on the price...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...cfm?pCatId=2399

you are starting to get alot of nice green algae that should turn into coraline

That's actaully funny because I had some nice coraline on some of my LR and I did add some coraline flake from my LFS (figured it couldn"t hurt) and about two weeks ago I started to see purple on my glass just above the sand line. When I saw it I yelled to my wife to come see it. When she saw it - she wasn't nearly as excited about it as I was.

• 4 weeks later...

Been a little bit.. so I thought I might post some pics of some of my recent finds...

P10100079.jpg

P10100099.jpg

Not new but my red shrooms are starting to multiply...

P10100069.jpg

Cool ric... Got at south coast today.. bright green with blue back ground...

P10100059.jpg

The oranges in the middle are new...

P10100049.jpg

And this here are some ric's I just got from Newbiereefer along with a Purple Yuma I found at OC Aquatics...

I think it has 6 mouths...

P10100039.jpg

I know.. next time I'll celan my glass.

Archived